Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean 12:48 - Apr 26 with 6669 viewslibertine

can someone clarify simply how our country is being run ?

Is it a conlib - labour -- whatever council your in run government,

and if so does it make any difference who's at the top

there seems to be a lot of confusion, would this then mean that Wales has been labour for a long time???

This post has been edited by an administrator
is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 09:08 - Apr 29 with 1274 viewslibertine

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 08:54 - Apr 29 by ItchySphincter

I never voted for the assembly and no, I wouldn't trust the Welsh politicians to govern us and run our affairs.

I really don't trust these people,

I know for a fact that they hide things, which are borderline illegal/illegal,

the culture of bullying the whistleblower into not whistleblowing at all is a daily occurrence within the organisation.

jobs for the boys is a massive problem
is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 09:20 - Apr 29 with 1261 viewsyescomeon

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 09:08 - Apr 29 by libertine

I really don't trust these people,

I know for a fact that they hide things, which are borderline illegal/illegal,

the culture of bullying the whistleblower into not whistleblowing at all is a daily occurrence within the organisation.

jobs for the boys is a massive problem

Politicians are politicians I don't think they would be any worse, simply because they are Welsh.

Upthecity!

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 09:21 - Apr 29 with 1258 viewsyescomeon

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 22:16 - Apr 28 by ItchySphincter

Devolution is Nationalism-lite. Complete and utter toss, especially when the English decide they want to be devolved and collect and spend their own taxes on themselves, then us and Scotland will be well and truly dicked. The flawed Barnett formula will become obsolete.

If we collect our own taxes and they collect their own taxes there will be no problem, so long as they have no say over how we run Wales and we leave them to run England.

Upthecity!

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 15:56 - Apr 29 with 1236 viewsItchySphincter

Yeah, and we'll be f*cked without their subsidies.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 16:05 - Apr 29 with 1232 viewsCopperJack

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 15:56 - Apr 29 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, and we'll be f*cked without their subsidies.

Wales is simply not self-sufficient. Without the south-east of England, we'd be truly stuffed. The English can't afford to have free prescriptions, how long do you think that would last with the relatively modest amount of high-earners in Wales?

Wales has been run by Labour for 16 years (not complete control, it has some areas like NHS/education devolved - basically everything we're considered really bad at) and in that time, they've centralised all the wealth in Cardiff and reduced the other cities to ghost towns. Look at Swansea town centre 16 years ago, nowhere near as bad as it is now. Look at all the things they've built in Cardiff in the past 16 years and the money they've pumped into there at the expense of the rest of Wales. It's a travesty and they only get away with it because people keep voting for them for some absurd reason.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 17:05 - Apr 29 with 1225 viewsraynor94

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 16:05 - Apr 29 by CopperJack

Wales is simply not self-sufficient. Without the south-east of England, we'd be truly stuffed. The English can't afford to have free prescriptions, how long do you think that would last with the relatively modest amount of high-earners in Wales?

Wales has been run by Labour for 16 years (not complete control, it has some areas like NHS/education devolved - basically everything we're considered really bad at) and in that time, they've centralised all the wealth in Cardiff and reduced the other cities to ghost towns. Look at Swansea town centre 16 years ago, nowhere near as bad as it is now. Look at all the things they've built in Cardiff in the past 16 years and the money they've pumped into there at the expense of the rest of Wales. It's a travesty and they only get away with it because people keep voting for them for some absurd reason.

Mr Cameron, i'd have thought you would have more important things to do than post on here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 17:54 - Apr 29 with 1211 viewsCopperJack

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 17:05 - Apr 29 by raynor94

Mr Cameron, i'd have thought you would have more important things to do than post on here

Haha! In Wales, if you dare criticise Labour you're considered righter than Thatcher. Do you actually think Labour (albeit Welsh Labour) have done a good job in Wales? When you look at the disparity betwen Cardiff and the rest of Wales? The different levels of investment between Cardiff and the rest of Wales? It's scandalous.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 18:20 - Apr 29 with 1204 viewsItchySphincter

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 17:05 - Apr 29 by raynor94

He's right though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 18:47 - Apr 29 with 1195 viewslibertine

is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 17:54 - Apr 29 by CopperJack

Haha! In Wales, if you dare criticise Labour you're considered righter than Thatcher. Do you actually think Labour (albeit Welsh Labour) have done a good job in Wales? When you look at the disparity betwen Cardiff and the rest of Wales? The different levels of investment between Cardiff and the rest of Wales? It's scandalous.

absolutely correct,

I honestly have witnessed illegal deals bribery etc. and I know that they have been reported all the way up the chain in labour government and they have chosen to push them to the side, instead they have threatened the supergrasses with losing their businesses. These issues have no comparison to issues such as savil or other perverts that the government seem to have been aware of, but the law is the law and it should not be down to the local government and its many personalities and interpretations to decide how the feel about different issues of law, the law is clear. In wales there seems to be way too much of this sort of thing going on, that's what concerns me about devolution. Luckily we are in the EU so problems can be taken above the Welsh Government
is wales run by labour or conservative and what does devolved mean on 20:44 - Apr 29 with 1180 viewsyescomeon

"Wales is simply not self-sufficient. Without the south-east of England, we'd be truly stuffed."

Completely open to being proved wrong but I do not believe this is true. I don't think anybody actually knows how much Wales could really generate from taxes.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024