Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans to be breathalysed? 08:12 - May 2 with 5891 viewsJohnw102

Hope they extend that to cinema, theatre and concert goers who drink before their entertainment. Having a couple of pints before a game has been an established part of the day out for ever. After a long coach trip from S. Wales to London, Manchester, Liverpool a few pints before the game, with home fans is part of the enjoyment. Stewards already have the power to refuse entry to a ground to anyone they deem drunk, so leave well alone!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/football-fans-to-be-breathalysed-before-mat

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:16 - May 2 with 2891 viewsorion3016

This is a dangerous precedent , there could be major incidents outside the ground if fans are refused entry,sone stewards already get heady heights with the power they think they have and giving some of them extra responsibility could be carnage

Be over there now after

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:17 - May 2 with 2889 viewsdgt73

Fook them. I'm not a drinker myself, but a few pints before a match is all part of the whole match day experience.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:20 - May 2 with 2880 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:16 - May 2 by orion3016

This is a dangerous precedent , there could be major incidents outside the ground if fans are refused entry,sone stewards already get heady heights with the power they think they have and giving some of them extra responsibility could be carnage

Yes if a steward doesn't like the look of you, no doubt he'll use this stop you entering even if you've only had a couple. Fcuking ridiculous.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:26 - May 2 with 2852 viewsJackfath

Let's get some perspective here.

I really don't think they will be stopping people who have had a few pints. Rather the odd one or two who can hardly stand, or indeed caused some concern the previous home match due to excessive drinking.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:33 - May 2 with 2834 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:26 - May 2 by Jackfath

I really don't think they will be stopping people who have had a few pints. Rather the odd one or two who can hardly stand, or indeed caused some concern the previous home match due to excessive drinking.

Yes, let's keep some perspective? How many fans have you seen this season who can hardly stand trying to enter the liberty ? A sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:36 - May 2 with 2818 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:33 - May 2 by dgt73

Yes, let's keep some perspective? How many fans have you seen this season who can hardly stand trying to enter the liberty ? A sledgehammer to crack a nut.

None in the section I frequent.

Why should drinking excessively be acceptable just because it's always been like it and it's the football?

Do we not want to attract more youngsters to the matches? Why should they be exposed to drunken loutish behaviour?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:36 - May 2 with 2819 viewsdgt73

And also it's already a criminal offence to try and enter a football stadium while being drunk. So powers already exist to deal with any problems.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:38 - May 2 with 2812 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:36 - May 2 by Jackfath

None in the section I frequent.

Why should drinking excessively be acceptable just because it's always been like it and it's the football?

Do we not want to attract more youngsters to the matches? Why should they be exposed to drunken loutish behaviour?

But it's not a problem.

Login to get fewer ads

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:38 - May 2 with 2810 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:36 - May 2 by dgt73

And also it's already a criminal offence to try and enter a football stadium while being drunk. So powers already exist to deal with any problems.

Are those powers enforced? Is evidence needed to prosecute?

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:39 - May 2 with 2803 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:38 - May 2 by dgt73

But it's not a problem.

One member of this board spewed all over himself at a match due to excessive drinking.

Not a problem?

I wonder if there is a correlation between any public disorder at football matches and excessive drinking? What do you think?
[Post edited 2 May 2015 8:40]

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:40 - May 2 with 2801 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:38 - May 2 by Jackfath

Are those powers enforced? Is evidence needed to prosecute?

Yes without doubt. Not only will you end up in court, but you could also get a 3 yr ban.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:41 - May 2 with 2794 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:40 - May 2 by dgt73

Yes without doubt. Not only will you end up in court, but you could also get a 3 yr ban.

So don't drink to excess when going to watch a football match.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:44 - May 2 with 2786 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:39 - May 2 by Jackfath

One member of this board spewed all over himself at a match due to excessive drinking.

Not a problem?

I wonder if there is a correlation between any public disorder at football matches and excessive drinking? What do you think?
[Post edited 2 May 2015 8:40]

In the past yes, but there are no public order issues at Swans games now and one or two drunk fans out of 20 000 is hardly what I'd call a problem.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:45 - May 2 with 2780 viewsraynor94

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:41 - May 2 by Jackfath

Yes, I remember the unnamed individual doing it at Derby and blaming a dodgy pint! shocking behaviour

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:47 - May 2 with 2766 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:41 - May 2 by Jackfath

Powers already exist as i have just pointed out. So why give stewards extra powers when they are no where near as trained as a police officer.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:49 - May 2 with 2762 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:44 - May 2 by dgt73

In the past yes, but there are no public order issues at Swans games now and one or two drunk fans out of 20 000 is hardly what I'd call a problem.

One or two is one or two too many. It's 2015 not 1970.

Get plastered away from 20000 others by all means, but please don't spoil the enjoyment of others due to your excessive drinking habit.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:50 - May 2 with 2756 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:47 - May 2 by dgt73

Powers already exist as i have just pointed out. So why give stewards extra powers when they are no where near as trained as a police officer.

They need extra powers to prosecute, as I have just pointed out.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:54 - May 2 with 2743 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:50 - May 2 by Jackfath

They need extra powers to prosecute, as I have just pointed out.

wtf are you talking fath. Have you been drinking this morning. if so please stay away from the liberty today.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:55 - May 2 with 2730 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:54 - May 2 by dgt73

wtf are you talking fath. Have you been drinking this morning. if so please stay away from the liberty today.

No.

You're trying defend drunks at the football and clearly haven't a leg to stand on.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:57 - May 2 with 2722 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:55 - May 2 by Jackfath

No.

You're trying defend drunks at the football and clearly haven't a leg to stand on.

I do wonder about educational standards when i read your posts on here fath. Honestly haven't got a clue what you are ranting about .
[Post edited 2 May 2015 8:59]

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:58 - May 2 with 2717 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:57 - May 2 by dgt73

I do wonder about educational standards when i read your posts on here fath. Honestly haven't got a clue what you are ranting about .
[Post edited 2 May 2015 8:59]

No ranting here butty.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:59 - May 2 with 2712 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:58 - May 2 by Jackfath

No ranting here butty.

Oh you are👍

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:03 - May 2 with 2696 viewsLeonisGod

Apparently the threshold being talked about is twice the legal driving limit. Which will apply to about 25% of our crowds I reckon. The east will be empty for a start.

If it was just for blind drunk fans they wouldn't need the test. It's all meaningless anyway as people will still be able to load up in the ground. Maybe it's just a ploy to increase club bar sales?

Bonkers.
Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:05 - May 2 with 2689 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:03 - May 2 by LeonisGod

Apparently the threshold being talked about is twice the legal driving limit. Which will apply to about 25% of our crowds I reckon. The east will be empty for a start.

If it was just for blind drunk fans they wouldn't need the test. It's all meaningless anyway as people will still be able to load up in the ground. Maybe it's just a ploy to increase club bar sales?

Bonkers.

Spot on.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:09 - May 2 with 2670 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:59 - May 2 by dgt73

Oh you are👍

That old Dimi used to say I was ranting when he was clearly out of his depth chatting to me. Don't be the same as him eh?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024