Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has qualification changed for Europa League 11:31 - May 13 with 2925 viewsBorojack

I remember reading on here a while back that if there was an Arsenal Liverpool cup final 7th would get into the EL.
Yet Sky were stating that 7th gets in before Villa if Arsenal beat them in tge cup final.
How come Hull got through to this seasons EL then

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:43 - May 13 with 2903 viewsmacthejack

It has indeed changed, used to be the FA cup runner up as you say but now goes to the next highest placed team, same with the capital one cup.

So 5th gets it no matter what, Chelsea won the COC and have qualified for Europe through league position so their spot will go to 6th placed team. If Arsenal win the FA cup the same applies and their place goes to 7th. I'd fancy my chances if I was a Villa fan though.
Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:50 - May 13 with 2879 viewsereksten

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:43 - May 13 by macthejack

It has indeed changed, used to be the FA cup runner up as you say but now goes to the next highest placed team, same with the capital one cup.

So 5th gets it no matter what, Chelsea won the COC and have qualified for Europe through league position so their spot will go to 6th placed team. If Arsenal win the FA cup the same applies and their place goes to 7th. I'd fancy my chances if I was a Villa fan though.

When did it change? Do you have a source? From http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/european-competition-qualificat

"In the event The FA Cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Champions League, The FA Cup runner-up will qualify for the UEFA Europa League, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative."

"If The FA Cup winners, runners-up (if applicable) and the Capital One Cup winners have already qualified for Europe, their place goes to the next best placed clubs in the Barclays Premier League."

Sounds to me that Aston Villa will get the Europa League spot no matter what and that you need to be 6th in the PL..

Jack Army Norway (http://swanseacity.no/)

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:50 - May 13 with 2874 viewsBorojack

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:43 - May 13 by macthejack

Thanks for that confirmed what I thought.
Just had a nice surprise when Sky mentioned it on the Monday night.
Nearly as enjoyable as watching Wengers post match comments that capped a great evenings viewing.

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:53 - May 13 with 2860 viewsmacthejack

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:50 - May 13 by ereksten

When did it change? Do you have a source? From http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/european-competition-qualificat

"In the event The FA Cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Champions League, The FA Cup runner-up will qualify for the UEFA Europa League, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative."

"If The FA Cup winners, runners-up (if applicable) and the Capital One Cup winners have already qualified for Europe, their place goes to the next best placed clubs in the Barclays Premier League."

Sounds to me that Aston Villa will get the Europa League spot no matter what and that you need to be 6th in the PL..

Can't remember where I read it but I'm certain it'd changed. You're making me doubt myself now...
Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:53 - May 13 with 2858 viewsWhiterockin

Redistribution rules[edit]
A Europa League place is vacated when a team qualifies for both the Champions League and the Europa League, or qualifies for the Europa League by more than one method. When a place is vacated, it is redistributed within the national association by the following rules (regulations Articles 3.03 and 3.04):[4]

When the domestic cup winners (considered as the "highest-placed" qualifier within the national association with the latest starting round) also qualify for the Champions League, their Europa League place is vacated. As a result, the highest-placed team in the league which have not yet qualified for European competitions qualify for the Europa League, with the Europa League qualifiers which finish above them in the league moved up one "place" (the 2015—16 season will be the first with this particular arrangement where the domestic cup runners-up are no longer guaranteed a place in the Europa League in this scenario).
When the domestic cup winners also qualify for the Europa League through league position, their place through the league position is vacated. As a result, the highest-placed team in the league which have not yet qualified for European competitions qualify for the Europa League, with the Europa League qualifiers which finish above them in the league moved up one "place" if possible.
For associations where a Europa League place is reserved for the League Cup winners, they always qualify for the Europa League as the "lowest-placed" qualifier. If the League Cup winners have already qualified for European competitions through other methods, this reserved Europa League place is taken by the highest-placed team in the league which have not yet qualified for European competitions.
A Fair Play place is taken by the highest-ranked team in the domestic Fair Play table which have not yet qualified for European competitions.
Has qualification changed for Europa League on 11:57 - May 13 with 2852 viewsBorojack

Sky were adamant on the Monday it had changed.
Not seen anything official though

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 12:01 - May 13 with 2834 viewsJBT95

It has changed. You have to win the FA Cup now. Otherwise Villa would be qualified for the Europa League already as Arsenal are definitely in the Champions League next season.
Has qualification changed for Europa League on 12:02 - May 13 with 2834 viewsJackFish

It's definitely changed from this season:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32358581

It's not just here though, it's a Europe-wide change.
Login to get fewer ads

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 12:42 - May 13 with 2729 viewsereksten

Okay, thanks :) Europa League for 7th it is, then!

Jack Army Norway (http://swanseacity.no/)

Has qualification changed for Europa League on 12:44 - May 13 with 2723 viewsC_jack

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2137611.html

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024