Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Squad 13:13 - May 21 with 6496 viewsJackSomething

Good news for those who would prefer our players not get called up for international teams. Roy Hodgson has apparently ignored all the positive media about us at the moment (Hoddle thinks Monk is magnificent apparently) and overlooked the likes of Cork and Shelvey in favour of Ryan Mason and Jamie Vardy.

Vardy is a striker apparently, even though he has the same amount of goals this season as Shelvey, while playing more games. Mason has played regularly for Spurs, but I have no idea what he's good at, because I've never really noticed him on the pitch when I've watched them.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

England Squad on 12:32 - May 22 with 1594 viewsLeonisGod

England Squad on 12:18 - May 22 by sherpajacob

It doesnt matter who the england coach is, they will never progress until they get rid of the kick and rush culture that exists at all levels.
some in england now realise this, although still in the minority, so they may as well stick with roy.
They've tried spending big bucks on world class coaches, but still only achieved marginally better results.

It's like teams buying swansea managers and players and thinking that will bring results. you have to change the culture first.

That's true. And I'm almost glad in a way that some of our players haven't been called up as I'm fairly sure they wouldn't look as good in a team that plays more in the typical British way. We do seem to get the best out of players through our teamwork and settled(ish) style, something which seems to be especially lacking in the English side.
England Squad on 12:38 - May 22 with 1579 viewsJackSomething

England Squad on 12:27 - May 22 by LeonisGod

I don't think Henderson is anywhere near clever enough or technically gifted enough to be a shoo-in for an international team. Give me JJS or Ki any day. Blinkers maybe, but I've never seen Henderson impose himself on a game and either dictate from deep or drive a team forwards. Ki and JJS can do both of these things.

When it comes to some of our other players though I can see why the likes of Dyer don't get included.

To be fair, the only time Dyer had a legitimate shout was the 11/12 season, our first in the PL. He was genuinely brilliant that season, destroying the likes of Evra and Cole, the best left-backs in the country. When he didn't get a look in at that point, it was clear he never would.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

England Squad on 20:00 - May 22 with 1511 viewsDull1Thomas

England Squad on 12:38 - May 22 by JackSomething

To be fair, the only time Dyer had a legitimate shout was the 11/12 season, our first in the PL. He was genuinely brilliant that season, destroying the likes of Evra and Cole, the best left-backs in the country. When he didn't get a look in at that point, it was clear he never would.

Indeed, there were strong calls for Nath & Routs but it seems only Stuart Pearce had any time for the Swans players.
Perhaps size important or Leon would surely have had a cap in any one of the last 4 seasons & maybe why Cork is ignored too - TBF (as afar as the anti-Swans theorists are concerned) he hasn't featured in any England set up for 3 years.
Vardy? Poor scoring record but is versatile.
Jonjo had a chance to impress last season and didn't, so I suspect he'll have to show greater consistency over a longer period.
If we can provide players for the Dutch, Ivory Coast, Poland, Argentina (I think), South Korea, Iceland, Wales & Spain teams it is only England who are missing out.
Cork & Grimes have the best chance next season or the season after that IMO.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

England Squad on 21:00 - May 22 with 1481 viewsSwansNZ

England Squad on 20:00 - May 22 by Dull1Thomas

Indeed, there were strong calls for Nath & Routs but it seems only Stuart Pearce had any time for the Swans players.
Perhaps size important or Leon would surely have had a cap in any one of the last 4 seasons & maybe why Cork is ignored too - TBF (as afar as the anti-Swans theorists are concerned) he hasn't featured in any England set up for 3 years.
Vardy? Poor scoring record but is versatile.
Jonjo had a chance to impress last season and didn't, so I suspect he'll have to show greater consistency over a longer period.
If we can provide players for the Dutch, Ivory Coast, Poland, Argentina (I think), South Korea, Iceland, Wales & Spain teams it is only England who are missing out.
Cork & Grimes have the best chance next season or the season after that IMO.

Even Pearce called up Fraizer Campbell before Danny Graham, when in charge of England for one game. If I remember right, Campbell (apart from being sh1te), had only played a couple of games that season, while DG10 was the top English scorer in the PL.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

England Squad on 23:48 - May 22 with 1455 viewswaynekerr55

Woy wouldn't know how to utilise our players anyway. No point being upset over that.

Besides, he's another from the school of Garcia conditioning, look at what he started with Sturridge as he doesnt believe the science that explosive players need more rest... Stupid c*nt

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

England Squad on 15:08 - May 23 with 1407 viewsSTEVE1

England Squad on 23:48 - May 22 by waynekerr55

Woy wouldn't know how to utilise our players anyway. No point being upset over that.

Besides, he's another from the school of Garcia conditioning, look at what he started with Sturridge as he doesnt believe the science that explosive players need more rest... Stupid c*nt

Exactly I follow all the swans players when on international duty. Always a bit weary of picking up injuries but lately we have had players selected from teams that are capable of winning tournemets such as Argentina,Spain, Ivory coast and Holland we have plenty of players playing international football so is a little day disappointing we have not had many with England who are not world beaters.will be good to watch Grimes play for under 20 in the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024