Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? 21:20 - May 22 with 3391 viewsSwansNZ

Not as if there are many/any other football games on, so why are the games not played at 3pm on Saturday?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 21:29 - May 22 with 2376 viewsC_jack

Technically if they all kick off at 3pm on a Saturday then none of the TV channels over here can show them live, and being the last day of the season they want to show as many games at the same time as possible.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 21:35 - May 22 with 2359 viewsSwansNZ

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 21:29 - May 22 by C_jack

Technically if they all kick off at 3pm on a Saturday then none of the TV channels over here can show them live, and being the last day of the season they want to show as many games at the same time as possible.

Is that just an agreement between Sky/BT and the football league?

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 21:49 - May 22 with 2326 viewsAndy1300

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 21:35 - May 22 by SwansNZ

Is that just an agreement between Sky/BT and the football league?

No uk broadcaster can show live games on a Saturday 3pm hence playing on Sunday

Number 1 team in Wales

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 21:50 - May 22 with 2322 viewsSwansNZ

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 21:49 - May 22 by Andy1300

No uk broadcaster can show live games on a Saturday 3pm hence playing on Sunday

UK law?

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 06:06 - May 23 with 2187 viewsdgt73

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 21:50 - May 22 by SwansNZ

UK law?

More or less......no live games at 3 pm on a Saturday and it's a case of he who pays the piper (sky) calls the tune.
It's not actually law.....it's called the 3 pm "black out" and has been in place since the 1960's, when the Burnley chairman at the time persuaded the FA that showing live games (at 3pm) would have an effect on attendances. It will probably be over turned soon and then we will have live games on a Saturday at 3 pm.

[Post edited 23 May 2015 6:41]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 06:58 - May 23 with 2153 viewsairedale

No 3pm 'black out' at my venue, located a [relatively] short drive from the centre of Swansea.
Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 07:07 - May 23 with 2143 viewsdgt73

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 06:58 - May 23 by airedale

No 3pm 'black out' at my venue, located a [relatively] short drive from the centre of Swansea.

Legal is it ????????

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 08:02 - May 23 with 2105 viewsAndy1300

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 06:58 - May 23 by airedale

That will be via a stream.

No UK broadcaster is allowed to show Saturday 3pm K.O games.

One solution would be to screen all games and offer a pay per view service, so the games that are not moved to lunch time, evening, Sunday or Monday kick off could be paid for by the fans of the teams they want to watch.

You could get places like Vue cinema using the option, also pubs and clubs will get revenue from it also
[Post edited 23 May 2015 8:03]

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:26 - May 23 with 2034 viewsairedale

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 08:02 - May 23 by Andy1300

That will be via a stream.

No UK broadcaster is allowed to show Saturday 3pm K.O games.

One solution would be to screen all games and offer a pay per view service, so the games that are not moved to lunch time, evening, Sunday or Monday kick off could be paid for by the fans of the teams they want to watch.

You could get places like Vue cinema using the option, also pubs and clubs will get revenue from it also
[Post edited 23 May 2015 8:03]

Agreed, I've been banging on about this frages.

I asked this publican if he would pay Sky £100 to show an away Swans game, and he [disdainfully imo] replied that he would bite their hand off at £100 per game.

Personally, I would willingly pay £20 to watch away games at home. I am sure I could get a few others to chip in.

Just don't understand why they don't do it, people watch the game live anyway, we all have our arrangments.
Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:28 - May 23 with 2032 viewsraynor94

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 07:07 - May 23 by dgt73

Legal is it ????????

The place I go to in Swansea has shown every away game this season, there will be a full house there again tomorrow

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:31 - May 23 with 2027 viewsdgt73

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:26 - May 23 by airedale

Agreed, I've been banging on about this frages.

I asked this publican if he would pay Sky £100 to show an away Swans game, and he [disdainfully imo] replied that he would bite their hand off at £100 per game.

Personally, I would willingly pay £20 to watch away games at home. I am sure I could get a few others to chip in.

Just don't understand why they don't do it, people watch the game live anyway, we all have our arrangments.

This rule dates back to the 1960's and with today's 24 hr entertainment culture does seem a little dated, but if you showed all games at 3 pm ok a Saturday, it could effect away support and one reason the PL is so big and successful is because of the fans and i think the PL are mindful of that.

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:37 - May 23 with 2013 viewsDarran

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 06:06 - May 23 by dgt73

More or less......no live games at 3 pm on a Saturday and it's a case of he who pays the piper (sky) calls the tune.
It's not actually law.....it's called the 3 pm "black out" and has been in place since the 1960's, when the Burnley chairman at the time persuaded the FA that showing live games (at 3pm) would have an effect on attendances. It will probably be over turned soon and then we will have live games on a Saturday at 3 pm.

[Post edited 23 May 2015 6:41]

Which of course is a joke seeing as they show 3pm kicks on Bank Holidays etc when there's a full fixture list.
Wait untill Boxing Day this year which is also a Saturday to see how much of a joke it is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:47 - May 23 with 1994 viewsdgt73

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:37 - May 23 by Darran

Which of course is a joke seeing as they show 3pm kicks on Bank Holidays etc when there's a full fixture list.
Wait untill Boxing Day this year which is also a Saturday to see how much of a joke it is.

Yes and as I have said times have changed.

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:00 - May 23 with 1983 viewsDarran

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:47 - May 23 by dgt73

Yes and as I have said times have changed.

Well they haven't really changed if you can't have live games at 3pm on a Saturday have they?

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:04 - May 23 with 1972 viewsdgt73

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:00 - May 23 by Darran

Well they haven't really changed if you can't have live games at 3pm on a Saturday have they?

Times have changed in regard of the world we live in now compared to the 60's. I can see both sides of the argument.

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:08 - May 23 with 1967 viewsSwansNZ

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:00 - May 23 by Darran

But the point is, the football league season has ended (bar the play-off finals). So, I can't see why they can't play the games on Saturday, and show them on tv.

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:17 - May 23 with 1948 viewsraynor94

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:08 - May 23 by SwansNZ

But the point is, the football league season has ended (bar the play-off finals). So, I can't see why they can't play the games on Saturday, and show them on tv.

You are like a dog with a bone mun, leave it go, Premier games aren't shown at three on a Saturday full stop! and it suits Sky to have the last day games on a Sunday, like they do every year

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:20 - May 23 with 1943 viewsSwansNZ

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:17 - May 23 by raynor94

You are like a dog with a bone mun, leave it go, Premier games aren't shown at three on a Saturday full stop! and it suits Sky to have the last day games on a Sunday, like they do every year

Woof

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:30 - May 23 with 1925 viewsDarran

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:17 - May 23 by raynor94

It probably suits everyone to have them on a Sunday but as for every other Saturday during the season it's a joke,it's about time you were able to watch every Swans away game on the red button at 3pm on a Saturday for a small fee.

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:54 - May 23 with 1898 viewsraynor94

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:30 - May 23 by Darran

It probably suits everyone to have them on a Sunday but as for every other Saturday during the season it's a joke,it's about time you were able to watch every Swans away game on the red button at 3pm on a Saturday for a small fee.

100% agree

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 11:02 - May 23 with 1889 viewsairedale

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 10:54 - May 23 by raynor94

100% agree

Absopozerlutely.
Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 11:11 - May 23 with 1881 viewsairedale

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:31 - May 23 by dgt73

This rule dates back to the 1960's and with today's 24 hr entertainment culture does seem a little dated, but if you showed all games at 3 pm ok a Saturday, it could effect away support and one reason the PL is so big and successful is because of the fans and i think the PL are mindful of that.

Any fan who wants to watch their team play an away game is currently able to watch it at home or at a venue of their choice.

Fans are currently unable to watch their match on Sky.

Fans [generally imo] don't give 2 hoots about the legitimacy of it.

This situation imo, isn't gonna change.

I reckon that it would be in the interests of the PL and the tele companies to get the games on the box pronto.
[Post edited 23 May 2015 12:35]
Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 11:28 - May 23 with 1857 viewsstevethejack

The 3pm rule is only certain times of the year. Outside the regular football season the games can be shown.

Today it's Hamburg v Schalke and Paderborn v Stuttgart. Next week it's the Scottish FA Cup final at 3pm.

It has nothing to do with the fact that they are not English/Welsh games, more so that they are outside the dates of the ban.
Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 11:43 - May 23 with 1837 viewsJBT95

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 09:31 - May 23 by dgt73

It's not just for PL attendances.

If Man U vs Liverpool was on at 3pm Saturday, even just one of these teams, people may go to the pub and watch it rather than go see their local league 2/conference/level 8 team, so for that I hope we never have 3pm Saturday UK live TV games.

TV has made football at the top level what it is, but could kill the lower divisions if allowed.
[Post edited 23 May 2015 11:44]
Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 12:42 - May 23 with 1790 viewsairedale

Why not play the final PL games on Saturday? on 11:43 - May 23 by JBT95

It's not just for PL attendances.

If Man U vs Liverpool was on at 3pm Saturday, even just one of these teams, people may go to the pub and watch it rather than go see their local league 2/conference/level 8 team, so for that I hope we never have 3pm Saturday UK live TV games.

TV has made football at the top level what it is, but could kill the lower divisions if allowed.
[Post edited 23 May 2015 11:44]

Pubs round here would show the Swans game though I reckon, unless the Swans were playing on another day to the plastic sides.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024