Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He deserves a thread to himself 16:46 - May 28 with 3249 viewsdgt73

I know there is another thread stating what players are leaving the club this summer and one of those players is Alan Tate, a modern day legend and part of Scfc folklore. All the best Alan thanks for everything you did for the club.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:58 - May 28 with 972 viewslondonlisa2001

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:53 - May 28 by dgt73

Not the reason why Tate had his testimonial called off tho. It was called off because a week after the testimonial, we had Utd at home, moyes first game in charge of them.

OK. I had misunderstood then.
He deserves a thread to himself on 21:00 - May 28 with 965 viewsdgt73

You are not the first and won't be the last to realise I'm never wrong.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:04 - May 28 with 941 viewsDarran

He deserves a thread to himself on 20:25 - May 28 by dgt73

Supposed to have been v Man U, but then the fixture list was announced and we had Man U first home game, something like that and then the testimonial was postponed. I hope he still will have one, because he deserves one.

That's not the reason it was called off and Lisa is correct,the people organising it completely f*cked up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:18 - May 28 with 890 viewsC_jack

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:04 - May 28 by Darran

That's not the reason it was called off and Lisa is correct,the people organising it completely f*cked up.

Nowadays, 99% of these games are to raise money for charity. Surely a group of them could have bumped their heads together and called it the 'Alan Tate invitational' or whatever. You don't need any years of service to host a charity game. I can't imagine Alan needs, or would have taken any money generated from the event regardless.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 21:18]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:27 - May 28 with 864 viewslondonlisa2001

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:04 - May 28 by Darran

I thought that was the case! I'd always understood that the whole 'first game' bit was a convenient excuse.
He deserves a thread to himself on 21:29 - May 28 with 856 viewsDarran

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:27 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I thought that was the case! I'd always understood that the whole 'first game' bit was a convenient excuse.

DGT probably wasn't watching us then anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:31 - May 28 with 854 viewsNeath_Jack

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:18 - May 28 by C_jack

Nowadays, 99% of these games are to raise money for charity. Surely a group of them could have bumped their heads together and called it the 'Alan Tate invitational' or whatever. You don't need any years of service to host a charity game. I can't imagine Alan needs, or would have taken any money generated from the event regardless.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 21:18]

I don't think people want him to have a testimonial for the money mun, they want him to have "his" day, a chance to say thanks and goodbye.

It's not always about the money.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:33 - May 28 with 851 viewslondonlisa2001

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:29 - May 28 by Darran

DGT probably wasn't watching us then anyway.

ha.

Never too late for it though. I had a little tear when Curt came on for the first match at the liberty against Fulham. Still my favourite ever player. That number 7 shirt will take some filling when Leon goes. Two legends wearing that number!
Login to get fewer ads

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:37 - May 28 with 837 viewsGixerJack

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:33 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

ha.

Never too late for it though. I had a little tear when Curt came on for the first match at the liberty against Fulham. Still my favourite ever player. That number 7 shirt will take some filling when Leon goes. Two legends wearing that number!

No it won't, Leon is tiny...
He deserves a thread to himself on 21:39 - May 28 with 829 viewsNeath_Jack

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:33 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

ha.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's played his last game for us either. He was giving it the old badge kissing palava after the final whistle against Palace. Looked like a thank you and goodnight from him.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

He deserves a thread to himself on 21:57 - May 28 with 786 viewsairedale

The confusion with testimonial/loan period I remember was with Leon. Everyone was talking about how his trip up in Sheffield would affect things. Complicated by the fact that he came here on loan in the first place.
He deserves a thread to himself on 22:00 - May 28 with 776 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Some what over looked on our rise from league 2 to the premier league on wat to many occassions ,which i thought was a bit out of order to be honest.

Good luck Tatey

Legend

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024