Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People 19:08 - May 29 with 8904 viewsWxmJax

My wife has just opened a small food kiosk serving drinks and cakes in a local country park. Today we had someone who asked for her baby's bottle to be warmed up. She didn't buy anything, which is fine because we only have to pay rent on the kiosk, pay for electric, take out £5 million public insurance and buy all the necessary goods to get it up and running.

We did it but when our children were young we bought a bottle warmer for the car or took a flask of hot water with us to do the job. I wanted to tell her to go sling her hook but then you get a bad reputation.

The missus is leaving me in charge tomorrow. Could be fun. Most people are so nice and then you get some.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

People on 19:12 - May 29 with 4877 viewsJackfath

I generally find people are ok but some are completely devoid of how to behave or speak. Good luck with your venture, I hope it succeeds.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

People on 19:24 - May 29 with 4846 viewsperchrockjack

Would that be loggerheads park

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

People on 19:38 - May 29 with 4811 viewsexiledclaseboy

People are generally horrible. And customer service is dead it seems.

Poll: Tory leader

People on 19:48 - May 29 with 4780 viewsC_jack

Was she polite? If she had come over demanding that you warm it up I would have thrown it back at her and told her to where to go.

Then again that's why I'm not in any field involving customer service.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

People on 22:33 - May 29 with 4611 viewsbuilthjack

No free tea for the park tramps tomorrow then

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

People on 00:17 - May 30 with 4540 viewsScoobyWho

A good deed done can sometimes be the difference for a small business.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

People on 02:04 - May 30 with 4509 viewsDJack

People on 00:17 - May 30 by ScoobyWho

A good deed done can sometimes be the difference for a small business.

...Is the right answer.

My limited experience of new parents is that they are very insular and focused on their own "marvel of nature". They are confused (sometimes correctly) of the worlds inability to provide for their offspring's needs...That does not, necessarily, mean that they are wrong, just that you as a provider of a service should be prepared to provide a service that matches their expectations if appropriate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

People on 02:48 - May 30 with 4479 viewsScoobyWho

People on 02:04 - May 30 by DJack

...Is the right answer.

My limited experience of new parents is that they are very insular and focused on their own "marvel of nature". They are confused (sometimes correctly) of the worlds inability to provide for their offspring's needs...That does not, necessarily, mean that they are wrong, just that you as a provider of a service should be prepared to provide a service that matches their expectations if appropriate.

It seems to make sense to me, if someone say offered a free service of warming babies bottles, the outcome would surely be goodwill purchases from some or at least people telling others how accommodating your business is. I'm no business person, I work for a company who employ me to do a job which makes them thousands a week, but surely a happy smile ( and gritted teeth that don't show ) is a better way of dealing with odd ish requests.

Login to get fewer ads

People on 03:12 - May 30 with 4464 viewsDJack

People on 02:48 - May 30 by ScoobyWho

It seems to make sense to me, if someone say offered a free service of warming babies bottles, the outcome would surely be goodwill purchases from some or at least people telling others how accommodating your business is. I'm no business person, I work for a company who employ me to do a job which makes them thousands a week, but surely a happy smile ( and gritted teeth that don't show ) is a better way of dealing with odd ish requests.

... consider this, new parents see nothing but their progeny, they are their whole existence. You must look after them or get fack all... percentages. Your choice. What do you do... For me treat people as you wish to be treated!!!!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

People on 03:12 - May 30 with 4464 viewsDJack

People on 02:48 - May 30 by ScoobyWho

... consider this, new parents see nothing but their progeny, they are their whole existence. You must look after them or get fack all... percentages. Your choice. What do you do... For me, treat people as you wish to be treated!!!!

People on 07:06 - May 30 with 4413 viewsjackal

We had a restaurant in town. The council closed the public toilets nearby and we used to get many people just coming in to use ours. We did'nt mind so much if people asked but so many just walked through the place and helped themselves. It costs a lot to run a toilet. Paper, soap. cleaning,water rates lighting etc. If you refuse to allow people to come in it's bad p.r.
However we complained to the council and they gave us a sum every year to allow it.
People on 10:05 - May 30 with 4290 viewsScoobyWho

People on 07:06 - May 30 by jackal

We had a restaurant in town. The council closed the public toilets nearby and we used to get many people just coming in to use ours. We did'nt mind so much if people asked but so many just walked through the place and helped themselves. It costs a lot to run a toilet. Paper, soap. cleaning,water rates lighting etc. If you refuse to allow people to come in it's bad p.r.
However we complained to the council and they gave us a sum every year to allow it.

Win Win.

People on 14:44 - May 31 with 4117 viewsCountyJim

Few years back I had to change my battery on my car was told its a pain and causes problems with the stereo and security etc so I asked a small local garage if they would change it with the engine running they did this for me without any problems I asked how much I owed them and was told its on the house

They are now my garage of choice they gained a customer

Good luck with the venture but always have a mind to look after people
People on 15:37 - May 31 with 4059 viewsdgt73

If it was me, I'd have warmed the bottle no problem at all. I'd also ask the mother how she was and just had a quick chat with her whilst the bottle was warming.....maybe when she comes back for another trip to the country park and wants a drink....she may remember your act of kindness and spend her money with you..... If you tell her where to go.... Her future custom will be lost forever.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

People on 15:52 - May 31 with 4025 viewsdgt73

People on 14:44 - May 31 by CountyJim

Few years back I had to change my battery on my car was told its a pain and causes problems with the stereo and security etc so I asked a small local garage if they would change it with the engine running they did this for me without any problems I asked how much I owed them and was told its on the house

They are now my garage of choice they gained a customer

Good luck with the venture but always have a mind to look after people

And that's the way to do it.....

People on 15:55 - May 31 with 4019 viewsdgt73

People on 19:38 - May 29 by exiledclaseboy

People are generally horrible. And customer service is dead it seems.

Most people horrible ????????

People on 16:18 - May 31 with 3985 viewsSwanjack10

Has is crossed your mind op that maybe the mother left the bottle warming tools at home by mistake? Id give my last penny to help a mam and baby out,with your attitude that business won last long at all,shocking tbh.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

People on 16:25 - May 31 with 3975 viewsdgt73

People on 16:18 - May 31 by Swanjack10

Has is crossed your mind op that maybe the mother left the bottle warming tools at home by mistake? Id give my last penny to help a mam and baby out,with your attitude that business won last long at all,shocking tbh.

Yes I agree........couldn't see a baby go hungry, especially for less than a couple of pence to warm the bottle. Silly thread for the OP to start.

People on 20:54 - May 31 with 3815 viewsWxmJax

People on 16:18 - May 31 by Swanjack10

Quote mother, "she usually drinks it cold when we're out". Or what about the guy that wanted a large knife to cut the melon that they'd just bought in Tesco. Do you want to buy anything ? No just a knife. Then he wanted plates and serviettes. If he'd bought a coffee I would probably have given them him just for his cheek.

As for you and dgt, probably best not to comment on things that you don't know anything about. Ask the guy who I drove 3 miles to pick up his car save him walking because it was going to pour down what he thinks of our customer service, he only bought a tea and coffee off us, £2.30 in total. I suppose those repeat customers think we're ok as well. Most people are great, enjoy having a joke and a smile with them and then there are others, you'll know what I mean 😉

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

People on 21:00 - May 31 with 3800 viewsjackportis

Why don't you ask her to breast feed in the absence of your wife?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

People on 21:11 - May 31 with 3777 viewsVetchitBack

People are generally cowards.

The vast majority haven't got the Bollox to have a pop at someone in the street out of fear of getting their head kicked in but think that if you work in a customer service role they've got the right to speak to you like sh1t.

In a job some years ago it got to the stage where I would ask to meet people after work (I'd have to be able careful how I worded this if other customers were in earshot). I'm no hardman but no-one agreed.

It's funny cos I served some right local hardcases who were polite as anything then you'd get some short, fat little clown who took the "master servant" attitude.

They teach you to never make it personal I found do the complete opposite and test their bravery.

But best option is never get a job dealing with the public.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

People on 21:48 - May 31 with 3732 viewsdgt73

People on 20:54 - May 31 by WxmJax

Quote mother, "she usually drinks it cold when we're out". Or what about the guy that wanted a large knife to cut the melon that they'd just bought in Tesco. Do you want to buy anything ? No just a knife. Then he wanted plates and serviettes. If he'd bought a coffee I would probably have given them him just for his cheek.

As for you and dgt, probably best not to comment on things that you don't know anything about. Ask the guy who I drove 3 miles to pick up his car save him walking because it was going to pour down what he thinks of our customer service, he only bought a tea and coffee off us, £2.30 in total. I suppose those repeat customers think we're ok as well. Most people are great, enjoy having a joke and a smile with them and then there are others, you'll know what I mean 😉

Not the best publicity for your / wife's business tho is it. Sometimes it's better to say nothing. Personally if was standing behind a woman that was refused by someone to warm a baby's bottle, I'd walk away and take my custom elsewhere. It's you and your wife's business tho and you do what you see fit.
[Post edited 31 May 2015 21:57]

People on 21:59 - May 31 with 3697 viewsJackfath

People on 21:48 - May 31 by dgt73

Not the best publicity for your / wife's business tho is it. Sometimes it's better to say nothing. Personally if was standing behind a woman that was refused by someone to warm a baby's bottle, I'd walk away and take my custom elsewhere. It's you and your wife's business tho and you do what you see fit.
[Post edited 31 May 2015 21:57]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

People on 10:17 - Jun 1 with 3570 viewsApeShit

People on 20:54 - May 31 by WxmJax

Maybe you should take a behind the scenes role.
People on 10:32 - Jun 1 with 3555 viewsscottishjack

People on 07:06 - May 30 by jackal

Ha ha! It's bizarre, but I was exactly the same... If someone asked to use the toilets then I had absolutely no problem whatsoever letting them. It was the ones who would shuffle in and not even acknowledge anyone who really used to piss me off!

I have worked in various jobs dealing with the public for near on 20 years now and I'm used to it, some people are great, some are knobs. I guess that's just people for you? Smile and serve them, if they are decent folk then have a chat and make the effort, if they are rude, arrogant, abrupt etc. Then just smile, get them served and move on to the decent folk... It's served me well down the years, just one tool can suck you down to their level and suck the good mood out of you in minutes. Don't let them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024