Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... 12:40 - Jun 13 with 2992 viewsCopperJack

That they may lose out on money to us for a change? Couldn't make this up...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-Swansea-beat-Cardiff-money-spinning

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:38 - Jun 13 with 767 viewswestside

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/news-opinion/swansea-could-overtake-cardiff-qu
Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:43 - Jun 13 with 755 viewsCopperJack

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:14 - Jun 13 by Private_Partz

I think they get away with it because it is being done under the name of Labour. A party that traditionally gets the lion share if votes in Wales. I am a left wing Labour voter and I do not believe (at the moment) in independence. I believe that a strong regional representation could benefit Wales as opposed to the previous system where English MPs had a much bigger say.
Unfortunately it has not worked out that way and, despite voting Labour nationally, I will not be doing the same locally. Carwyn and his complacent gang need a huge kick up the ass. I suspect many others will feel the same.
There is a glimmer of hope. If the proposed Local Government reorganisation reduces the number of 22 authorities to 5 than we could have a working model. Five powerful regions fighting their corner and pressurising a Labour administration that realises it can no longer rest on it's laurels.

I understand why people thought devolution would help Wales. In theory, it really should, In practice, its driven the country backwards...besides obviously Cardiff who have prospered.

Sickens me that they're allowed to get away with it, and that's why I won't vote Welsh Labour or for them to have more powers. Fed up of them taking Swansea for granted, we deserve so much better than their neglect. If we were being screwed by England I'd find that easier to accept, at least it's not by a government which is meant to defend us. Find it really difficult to have any pride in Wales because I feel like the country has done nothing but screw us. The media hate us, WRU/FAW/WAG, pretty much everything Welsh.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:45 - Jun 13 with 755 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:38 - Jun 13 by westside

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/news-opinion/swansea-could-overtake-cardiff-qu

I rest my case. WOL talking about Swansea as if we are some outside threat. A media outlet that is supposed to represent an all Welsh view.
Btw is Crabbe suggesting this metro will be benefit nearly 1.5 million people when he suggests it will serve 'nearly half of Wales'!!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:53 - Jun 13 with 742 viewsPacemaker

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:45 - Jun 13 by Private_Partz

I rest my case. WOL talking about Swansea as if we are some outside threat. A media outlet that is supposed to represent an all Welsh view.
Btw is Crabbe suggesting this metro will be benefit nearly 1.5 million people when he suggests it will serve 'nearly half of Wales'!!

It's an opinion piece by Rhodri Morgan who is Cardiff through and through, Swansea Bay region will be no more than a talking shop.

Nothing to do with the opinion of the Western mail a Wales online.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 19:01 - Jun 13 with 735 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 18:53 - Jun 13 by Pacemaker

It's an opinion piece by Rhodri Morgan who is Cardiff through and through, Swansea Bay region will be no more than a talking shop.

Nothing to do with the opinion of the Western mail a Wales online.

A bad stance for a former first minister don't you think? Surely our 'national media' would have at least tried to balance the argument. I am sure it would have happened vicky verky.
That is a very depressing view on the Swansea Bay Region. I hope it could become a new super local authority that will be in apostion to fight against this Cardiff centric nonesense. Granted they have a hell of a job with little media support .

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 19:27 - Jun 13 with 717 viewsUxbridge

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 17:39 - Jun 13 by exiledclaseboy

Support for devolved powers isn't necessarily support for Welsh nationalism. Certainly isn't in my own case.

Quite. It's why I had to abstain in that last vote.

A proper integrated transport system across Swansea Bay would be excellent and much needed. Hopefully a precursor to getting a quicker train line out too. I'm not holding my breath though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 19:57 - Jun 13 with 706 viewsDr_Winston

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 19:27 - Jun 13 by Uxbridge

Quite. It's why I had to abstain in that last vote.

A proper integrated transport system across Swansea Bay would be excellent and much needed. Hopefully a precursor to getting a quicker train line out too. I'm not holding my breath though.

Should have had a Swansea Parkway in Landore with regular shuttle carriages into the city centre station. Would have solved a lot of issues.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 10:15 - Jun 14 with 643 viewsUxbridge

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 19:57 - Jun 13 by Dr_Winston

Should have had a Swansea Parkway in Landore with regular shuttle carriages into the city centre station. Would have solved a lot of issues.

That would probably mean continuing the existing line. I wouldn't do that ... Neath shouldn't have a direct line to London. Swansea train station should be in SA1 and the line should be along the bay.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 10:49 - Jun 14 with 633 viewsJackofdreambeach

City deal being sought for Cardiff says it all really.

We have two 'city regions ' . Cardiff & South East Wales and Swansea Bay taking Carmarthenshire ,Neath,Pert Talbot ,Swansea & Gower.

Shouldn't a billion pound city deal be struck for Swansea also.

Mr Crabbe,Carwyn Jones, and the City region representatives for Cardiff (in Assembly) look light years ahead on the chapter marked funding and major regeneration for South East Wales

. Wales has pockets of good employment . It's a shame the South West & North West of Cymru look a forgotten land.... they surely have a duty to boost economy of Wales as a whole.
Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 12:33 - Jun 14 with 588 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it me, or is the former First Minister warning Cardiff... on 10:49 - Jun 14 by Jackofdreambeach

City deal being sought for Cardiff says it all really.

We have two 'city regions ' . Cardiff & South East Wales and Swansea Bay taking Carmarthenshire ,Neath,Pert Talbot ,Swansea & Gower.

Shouldn't a billion pound city deal be struck for Swansea also.

Mr Crabbe,Carwyn Jones, and the City region representatives for Cardiff (in Assembly) look light years ahead on the chapter marked funding and major regeneration for South East Wales

. Wales has pockets of good employment . It's a shame the South West & North West of Cymru look a forgotten land.... they surely have a duty to boost economy of Wales as a whole.

Absolutely. Without decent transport infrastructure it is and impossible task to get investment companies into the South West and North West. This what Wales is crying out for to make it a prosperous area as a whole.
Unfortunately the priority is to improve transport in an area which is already comfortably has the best links in the principality.
I have no problem with the a Cardiff City Region pushing their case but Crabbe and James should hang their heads in shame for ignoring the rest of Wales in this process.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024