Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These Calais Migrants 17:24 - Jun 29 with 2322 viewsDarran

Why are they not happy to stay in Central Europe then?
They've escaped from the horrendous conditions of their own countries to try and make better lives for themselves but still aren't happy.
Seriously what's so wrong with France and why do they see Britain as being so much better than France?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

These Calais Migrants on 10:43 - Jun 30 with 760 viewsfather_jack

These Calais Migrants on 09:49 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

It's because there's a general shortage of traffic wardens here.

wouldnt put it past the french to drive them through the country to get them there.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

These Calais Migrants on 12:22 - Jun 30 with 726 viewsDull1Thomas

These Calais Migrants on 23:23 - Jun 29 by Kilkennyjack

Correct - the pull of the English language.

Many speak English well and England is still considered a sort of Utopia where the rule of law and freedom. Some may well think the UK is a soft touch.

But on a geographical point - far more immigrants from Africa do go to other countries in Europe but other countries have hundreds of crossing points so there is no bottleneck.
Think of only being able to cross to England via the Seven Bridge - Calias situation
Think of being able to cross as we do now - no problem.

We see immigration as only happening in the UK because our media is obsessed and politicians can make gains from the subject.
Depending on your point of view immigration is a problem or an opportunity but to think the UK is the only country with high 'fluid' population is blinkered.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

These Calais Migrants on 11:37 - Jul 1 with 670 viewstomdickharry

Don't understand why all vehicles that cross the channel whether its via tunnel or ferry don't have to drive through area's fitted with heat seeking equipment which would determine if there are any illegal passengers on the vehicle.
As regards claiming benefits unless the person attempting to claim can produce valid documents issued by the country they have left that they have not left illegally,then no benefits.
These Calais Migrants on 11:43 - Jul 1 with 664 viewsDull1Thomas

These Calais Migrants on 11:37 - Jul 1 by tomdickharry

Don't understand why all vehicles that cross the channel whether its via tunnel or ferry don't have to drive through area's fitted with heat seeking equipment which would determine if there are any illegal passengers on the vehicle.
As regards claiming benefits unless the person attempting to claim can produce valid documents issued by the country they have left that they have not left illegally,then no benefits.

On the video footage it showed migrants getting into the back of lorries by opening the door. Wouldn't it be a good idea to lock it? Or maybe there's a reason this doesn't happen.

As war and climate change increases the numbers trying to leave those affected areas will increase massively.
Fear, poverty and hunger are very powerful incentives.

These Calais Migrants on 12:38 - Jul 1 with 648 viewscontroversial_jack

These Calais Migrants on 09:49 - Jun 30 by ItchySphincter

It's because there's a general shortage of traffic wardens here.

They can work illegally in this country without getting caught
These Calais Migrants on 14:51 - Jul 1 with 629 viewsskippyjack

These Calais Migrants on 12:38 - Jul 1 by controversial_jack

They can work illegally in this country without getting caught

This country is riddled with so much 'legal' corruption it's embarrassing.. Honestly it's so f*cking stupid.. It's even digressing our country to the 3rd world.. We'll be turned into Afghanistan before long.. We're already weaponing Isis with educated terrorists.. To get into Isis you've got to have a degree or at least an A level qualification.. Isis is a tough profession to get into! ... Genuinely.. This country is F*CKING INSANE!..

Why can't you get a job skip?
Nobody will employ me.
What skills do you have skip?
Well.. I can answer the Oxbridge Unanswerable Questions.. That only 1 or 2% of the current population can answer succinctly and accurately to it's utmost capability.
Is that it son?
Unfortunately.. That's all I'm capable of.
Bummer ain't it son.
Yep.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

These Calais Migrants on 17:55 - Jul 1 with 589 viewsDull1Thomas

These Calais Migrants on 14:51 - Jul 1 by skippyjack

This country is riddled with so much 'legal' corruption it's embarrassing.. Honestly it's so f*cking stupid.. It's even digressing our country to the 3rd world.. We'll be turned into Afghanistan before long.. We're already weaponing Isis with educated terrorists.. To get into Isis you've got to have a degree or at least an A level qualification.. Isis is a tough profession to get into! ... Genuinely.. This country is F*CKING INSANE!..

Why can't you get a job skip?
Nobody will employ me.
What skills do you have skip?
Well.. I can answer the Oxbridge Unanswerable Questions.. That only 1 or 2% of the current population can answer succinctly and accurately to it's utmost capability.
Is that it son?
Unfortunately.. That's all I'm capable of.
Bummer ain't it son.
Yep.

Yet considerably less corrupt than most countries.
As said earlier - illegal immigrants, black economy and proto-terorist exist everywhere.

As for get a job? Don't get me started - after taking nearly 14 months finding a builder to do a bundle of jobs from installing a bathroom to tidying up some external plaster work. We got charged a small fortune (only cash in hand) with a 'receipt' scribbled on some note paper as proof on transaction I insisted upon before payment.
Two months in and I have already had to reseal the bath and it looks like the plaster work needs re-doing. Standard of work was no better than I'd have done if I'd had time & tools.
8 years ago we had a Polish guy and a local lad fit a kitchen we'd bought - paid in cash but received a receipt, copies of builders' merchant receipts and an undertaking to repair anything that was faulty (nothing was).

As far was I'm concerned the quality of the man is far more important than his colour, creed or nationality.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 18:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024