Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 211966 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:02 - Jul 18 with 7084 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:13 - Jul 18 by Neath_Jack

I know i'm late to the party but anyone thinking about getting one of these, do it.

Absolutely superb fair play. There's nobody worse with technology than me, but after a few pointers, it's flying along. Tons of channels showing live sports and films in perfect quality, and no searching involved either.

lol they good eh which one did you get in the end fella???.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2015 11:03]

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:23 - Jul 18 with 7074 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:02 - Jul 18 by the_gasman

lol they good eh which one did you get in the end fella???.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2015 11:03]

A T8 from a company called droidsticks as someone in work swears by them. I'm stunned by how simple it is to use and the content on there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:30 - Jul 18 with 7073 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:40 - Jul 17 by the_gasman

what's wookie??

This is what my wookie thing looks like.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:27 - Jul 18 with 7050 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:30 - Jul 18 by Neath_Jack

This is what my wookie thing looks like.

I'll have a look for that later

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:31 - Jul 18 with 7021 viewsmalagajack

to go with your t8 box join this forum for support/info re wookie etc

http://www.xbmckodiaddons.com/?action=allForumTopics&sort=latest
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:53 - Jul 19 with 6960 viewsthe_gasman

sky 3 swans v arsenal 2012 on now !!! quality

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:29 - Jul 21 with 6896 viewsNeathJack

Just having a play around with IPTV Manager for Kodi.

Looks decent on early viewing.

http://ht.ly/2bu80r
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:58 - Jul 22 with 6807 viewsScoobyWho

Got the fire stick, pretty decent kit, even I can use it. I admt I did sign up for the £79 a year amazon access - which has thousands of programmes on it. A mate loaded up kodi this afternoon which you can access by using a sacrificial app, straight in. Access to all sports channels and new movies. Not as quick as sky, but the savings if this comes off are pretty huge.

Anyone know how long Kodi will function before it starts to play up ?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 22:04]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:21 - Jul 23 with 6753 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:58 - Jul 22 by ScoobyWho

Got the fire stick, pretty decent kit, even I can use it. I admt I did sign up for the £79 a year amazon access - which has thousands of programmes on it. A mate loaded up kodi this afternoon which you can access by using a sacrificial app, straight in. Access to all sports channels and new movies. Not as quick as sky, but the savings if this comes off are pretty huge.

Anyone know how long Kodi will function before it starts to play up ?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 22:04]

Shouldn't be any reason for it to start to play up.

Only issue you may get is add ons being blocked by isp's but that's easily overcome by using a vpn and they are usually replaced by new add ons that aren't blocked anyway.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 6744 viewsmonmouth

Another dull question sorry. I've got fibre broadband 60mbs sorted in the next week or so. Do these boxes/sticks/f**k knows what for kodi actually give anything extra to just loading it on a pc? Other than watching it on your TV rather than pc monitor without having to connect an HDMI cable obviously.

Also does the add on Neath Jack mentioned earlier (edit - wookie) just replace the need for all other add ons given that you have to clear everything before loading it? Ha. I'm not even sure that question makes any sense. I'm never going to understand all this shit.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2015 15:40]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:56 - Jul 23 with 6732 viewsScoobyWho

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:21 - Jul 23 by NeathJack

Shouldn't be any reason for it to start to play up.

Only issue you may get is add ons being blocked by isp's but that's easily overcome by using a vpn and they are usually replaced by new add ons that aren't blocked anyway.

Cheers 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:36 - Jul 23 with 6709 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:39 - Jul 23 by monmouth

Another dull question sorry. I've got fibre broadband 60mbs sorted in the next week or so. Do these boxes/sticks/f**k knows what for kodi actually give anything extra to just loading it on a pc? Other than watching it on your TV rather than pc monitor without having to connect an HDMI cable obviously.

Also does the add on Neath Jack mentioned earlier (edit - wookie) just replace the need for all other add ons given that you have to clear everything before loading it? Ha. I'm not even sure that question makes any sense. I'm never going to understand all this shit.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2015 15:40]

Mine has a nice cool blue digital clock that displays through the night if i leave it on. I think i see what you mean exactly the same as if connected to a laptop etc, but it enables me to free up the laptop to read stuff while streams are on

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:59 - Jul 24 with 6648 viewsmonmouth

Just to say boys thanks for all this. NJ thanks for that Wookie advice, it's fantastic. I've done it all through pc rather than box but I am astonished too with what you can get. The technology is amazing. Sky, Netflix, prime and the rest should be cacking their pants.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:28 - Jul 24 with 6625 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:59 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Just to say boys thanks for all this. NJ thanks for that Wookie advice, it's fantastic. I've done it all through pc rather than box but I am astonished too with what you can get. The technology is amazing. Sky, Netflix, prime and the rest should be cacking their pants.

I'm still astonished by it a fortnight later. If you like your documentaries go onto Uk Turks channel, hundreds of them on there. Not a massive film fan to be honest, bought it mainly for the live sports content. Wookie also do a pro version which is something like £32 one off payment for all the HD sports channels (sports donkey i think it's called), going to wait to see what the quality is like of the streams once the season kicks off before i get that though.

Two blokes in work bought a box this week and they are amazed by it as well. If anyone is looking for a supplier with fantastic support, go to these chaps http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:47 - Jul 28 with 6521 viewsNeathJack

Hundreds of live UK and USA tv channels including sports with Electronic Programme Guide

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:06 - Jul 28 with 6487 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:47 - Jul 28 by NeathJack

Hundreds of live UK and USA tv channels including sports with Electronic Programme Guide

Does that video tell you how to install that, in idiot proof guide like you done for me earlier in the thread?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:12 - Jul 28 with 6479 viewsRancid

I've just done what Swanzay said on this thread and downloaded straight onto my PC and it seems to be working a treat.Plugged into my 42 inch i'm like a pisshead in a curryhouse.Does anyone know of any family/children or documentaries channels that might be on here? TIA
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:15 - Jul 28 with 6475 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:12 - Jul 28 by Rancid

I've just done what Swanzay said on this thread and downloaded straight onto my PC and it seems to be working a treat.Plugged into my 42 inch i'm like a pisshead in a curryhouse.Does anyone know of any family/children or documentaries channels that might be on here? TIA

Uk Turk for documentaries mate, hundreds of them on there, i live on that channel. If you can put wookie on your Kodi, then there's loads of kids/family stuff on there, sorry i don't know the technical terms!

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:19 - Jul 28 with 6468 viewsRancid

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:15 - Jul 28 by Neath_Jack

Uk Turk for documentaries mate, hundreds of them on there, i live on that channel. If you can put wookie on your Kodi, then there's loads of kids/family stuff on there, sorry i don't know the technical terms!

Superb stuff J.I couldn't believe it worked on my PC with a simple download.Hundreds of channels once i clicked add ons and now it's just determinining what's what on there
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:26 - Jul 28 with 6457 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:06 - Jul 28 by Neath_Jack

Does that video tell you how to install that, in idiot proof guide like you done for me earlier in the thread?

Yep
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:33 - Jul 29 with 6363 viewsMJC

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:26 - Jul 28 by NeathJack

Yep

Thinking of getting one of these. Does anyone recommend the use of a VPN, and if so, how does one go about installing it on the box?

Thanks,
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:39 - Jul 29 with 6361 viewsPolskijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:33 - Jul 29 by MJC

Thinking of getting one of these. Does anyone recommend the use of a VPN, and if so, how does one go about installing it on the box?

Thanks,

I use Unotelly, it's a smart DNS rather than a VPN but it works great and doesn't slow the connection like some VPN's can. You don't need to install on the box, just put it on your router under the DNS settings and then all your PC's, phones, Android boxes etc can use it.

I think they still offer a free trial without credit card commitment if you want to give it a try.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 6295 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:33 - Jul 29 by MJC

Thanks,

Not sure why you would want one? Everything works without one, unless i'm missing out on some super dooper channels that i don't know about.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:55 - Jul 29 with 6293 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:26 - Jul 28 by NeathJack

Yep

Great, i'll have a bash at this the weekend. Thanks again.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:07 - Jul 29 with 6289 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:47 - Jul 28 by NeathJack

Just checked and it's already loaded into my wookie set up. Just never looked at it before.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024