Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 213188 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:44 - Sep 3 with 11291 viewssimonG

Signed up to sports mania For 3 months for £17 more than happy so far, great customer support using the Facebook group they have setup if you do have any issues.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:07 - Sep 3 with 11263 viewssimonG

One of the guys on Sports Mania Facebook page has created a very nice simple looking skin/interface to run the sports mania one once you are signed up, you can also watch via a web browser which I find handy if out and about as get all the 3pm games on there in a decent quality just like the Kodi setup

[IMG] http://i57.tinypic.com/mtt2xx.jpg[/IMG]
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:53 - Sep 4 with 11174 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:44 - Sep 3 by simonG

Signed up to sports mania For 3 months for £17 more than happy so far, great customer support using the Facebook group they have setup if you do have any issues.

What's the picture definition like? The trouble with these free ones is that it's hard to find a satisfactory picture definition. Sportsdevil last night was quite fuzzy. It seems the ones with good definition are the ones with buffering. If sports Donkey or Mania have an HD quality picture and no buffering, I'll gladly pay a subscription.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:05 - Sep 4 with 11126 viewssimonG

Not sure on Soorts Donkey, but so far so good on Sports Mania and has many, many channels in HD with no buffering so far tbh.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:29 - Sep 4 with 11100 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:05 - Sep 4 by simonG

Not sure on Soorts Donkey, but so far so good on Sports Mania and has many, many channels in HD with no buffering so far tbh.

Thanks - I'll give it a whirl. I'm distinctly unimpressed by the free offerings.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 00:11 - Sep 5 with 11095 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:29 - Sep 4 by jackrabbit

Thanks - I'll give it a whirl. I'm distinctly unimpressed by the free offerings.

I've probably mentioned it already but I highly recommend streamtvbox. Every Sports channel you could wish for in HD and loads of other entertainment & documentary channels.

£10.99 a month recurring from www.streamtvbox.com

I've subscribed for 2 years now and it's top drawer imho.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:00 - Sep 5 with 11031 viewsfbreath

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 00:11 - Sep 5 by NeathJack

I've probably mentioned it already but I highly recommend streamtvbox. Every Sports channel you could wish for in HD and loads of other entertainment & documentary channels.

£10.99 a month recurring from www.streamtvbox.com

I've subscribed for 2 years now and it's top drawer imho.

Did you get lower price for paying 2 years in advance?

Could this site be closed down due to copyright issues.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:28 - Sep 5 with 11016 viewsjedijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:00 - Sep 5 by fbreath

I would only consider short term contracts with these sites as the answer to your second point is yes.

They're selling something that doesn't belong to them, some countries have traditionally been more lax about this kind of thing but it is being clamped down on.
Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 14:51 - Sep 5 with 10989 viewssimonG

Cracking stream on sports mania of Ayew playing for Ghana on Bein 2 HD
[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 15:01]
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:16 - Sep 5 with 10947 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:00 - Sep 5 by fbreath

Nah I pay monthly so if anything was to happen like being shut down, I won't be out of pocket.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:36 - Sep 5 with 10907 viewsNeathJack

New Live TV Add on as introduced and explained by the brilliant Joe Nobody!

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:53 - Sep 5 with 10887 viewsJack123

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:36 - Sep 5 by NeathJack

Put it on earlier today.. Very nice :)

libera nos a malo

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:12 - Sep 5 with 10873 viewsScoobyWho

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:36 - Sep 5 by NeathJack

Perfect, cheers Neathy 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:15 - Sep 5 with 10868 viewsswans11

Anyone who wants every premiership game guaranteed in high quality and willing to pay a bit of money can get nbc live addon and buy a login for 20 quid. Will need a vpn to watch bit it will guarantee every game in hq with no searching or messing around. If want sky aswell can get both logins guaranteed for a year for 30 quid. Anyone interested pm me and will point you in right direction
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:59 - Sep 6 with 10756 viewsmonmouth

Neefy, that dexter add on is f'ing brill. Cheers.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:48 - Sep 6 with 10700 viewsScoobyWho

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:59 - Sep 6 by monmouth

Neefy, that dexter add on is f'ing brill. Cheers.

I agree, it's going to be excellent if he can keep it one step ahead of the TV authorities.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:23 - Sep 20 with 10387 viewsBLAZE

How are people finding Dexter? Went to use it this morning for the first time this week but most streams aren't working. Some times I get a playback failed message when selescting a channel, other times it says loading as normal, but then nothing happens
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:44 - Sep 20 with 10321 viewsPolskijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:23 - Sep 20 by BLAZE

How are people finding Dexter? Went to use it this morning for the first time this week but most streams aren't working. Some times I get a playback failed message when selescting a channel, other times it says loading as normal, but then nothing happens

Problem is that a lot of these free addons take their links from paid addons and only last until the paid addon blocks them, they then go down for a bit until they figure a way around it, come back for a few days and then they are blocked again! Alternatively people on sites like Planet Swans advertise these great new free addons, whose servers then can't cope with the increased traffic!

I "donate" to a couple of paid addons that provide UK/USA live normal and premium channels and all the Premier games. Costs equivalent to a few pints a months.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 14:10 - Sep 20 with 10309 viewsScoobyWho

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:23 - Sep 20 by BLAZE

They are saying now that you need a USA VPN, not sure if you have one, and not sure if this will fix it either. He is having major issues with sky especially.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2015 14:11]

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:23 - Sep 20 with 10241 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:58 - Aug 13 by jedijack

Is your box rooted? That is required for the TCP buffer APK.

Wouldn't bother with it to be fair though, from what I've seen it only affects speeds higher than to affect steam quality.

Tried Wookie a while ago and hated it, seemed to bog down the system with all the apps that come pre-installed. TVMC is much cleaner and simple to use for the novice.

Personally I prefer a bog standard Kodi install with the SRP repository added, very simple, couple of apps are all that's required for me.

Edit
-------

I just did a speed test using the Ookla Speedtest app and got 159Mb download speed from my 152Mb Virgin media line. That's without any tweaks whatsoever, just a MXIII-G with a gigabit port, connected to a gigabit router.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 0:04]

"Tried Wookie a while ago and hated it, seemed to bog down the system with all the apps that come pre-installed. TVMC is much cleaner and simple to use for the novice."

I agree. I don't like Wookie either for the same reasons. However I can't install TVMC. The downloaded apk file gives me an error message 'can't read file' when I click on it. I've tried downloading from every mirror on there - same result. Other apk files, eg Kodi, gave me no problem. It's just TVMC. Anybody got any suggestions?
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:00 - Oct 8 with 9872 viewsBLAZE

Over the last few days certain source links in Genesis have been crashing my box (VKBOX streams most commonly) - completely freezes up to the point I have to restart the box, or leave XBMC and Force Stop it within the settings.... Anyone else having issues with Genesis? Up until now it's been by far the most stable add on that I use, would like to know if the issue is with me or the add on itself
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:53 - Oct 8 with 9807 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:00 - Oct 8 by BLAZE

Over the last few days certain source links in Genesis have been crashing my box (VKBOX streams most commonly) - completely freezes up to the point I have to restart the box, or leave XBMC and Force Stop it within the settings.... Anyone else having issues with Genesis? Up until now it's been by far the most stable add on that I use, would like to know if the issue is with me or the add on itself

There were issues with an update that Genesis went through. However in the last couple of days another update has been pushed through and now it seems far more stable again.

Make sure you're on the latest version.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:13 - Oct 11 with 9705 viewsChief

Is anyone having problems searching at the moment? For example in an app, and click on the search, to search for the name of a film or tv series, usually a keyboard comes up, but at moment the keyboard comes up but with no letters on it, so you can't search. It seems to be the same across a number of apps

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:53 - Oct 11 with 9675 viewsoldgrey

make sure you are running the confluence skin
check in either xunity or the wookie for a keyboard fix icon and run it.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:43 - Oct 11 with 9643 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:23 - Sep 20 by jackrabbit

"Tried Wookie a while ago and hated it, seemed to bog down the system with all the apps that come pre-installed. TVMC is much cleaner and simple to use for the novice."

I agree. I don't like Wookie either for the same reasons. However I can't install TVMC. The downloaded apk file gives me an error message 'can't read file' when I click on it. I've tried downloading from every mirror on there - same result. Other apk files, eg Kodi, gave me no problem. It's just TVMC. Anybody got any suggestions?

I managed to solve the problem by the simple ploy of retreating to my Windows desktop pc, bringing up the TVMC download website and downloading the ‘Texas mirror’ to a memory stick. I then inserted the memory stick into my Android box, pointed to it in ‘File manager’ and it invited me to install TVMC, which I did successfully. So I now have TVMC running on top of Kodi and am enjoying the facilities it provides. It is much cleaner and simpler than Wookie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024