Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... 11:50 - Jul 27 with 4675 viewsPhil_S

The Swans are a 'model football club' according to a report in today's Daily Mail that highlights just what you need to compete in the Premier League with our wage bill now standing at an incredible £63m.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39432
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 12:11 - Jul 27 with 3267 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Something we have known for a long long time now. I wonder what th Mail would make of a commercial department run by eager amateurs too?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 15:39 - Jul 27 with 3040 viewsRyan

The waiting list for season tickets doesn't justify increasing the stadium apparently. We don't have the money everyone thinks we have. We've just expanded the training ground. We wouldn't have looked for outside investment if we had all this money

Loughor Jack
Poll: Who was better in their first season?

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 16:19 - Jul 27 with 2972 viewsstircrazyjack

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 15:39 - Jul 27 by Ryan

The waiting list for season tickets doesn't justify increasing the stadium apparently. We don't have the money everyone thinks we have. We've just expanded the training ground. We wouldn't have looked for outside investment if we had all this money

The initial 6000 to be added to the east stand is a no brainer.
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 16:28 - Jul 27 with 2953 viewsLeonisGod

The potential increase in revenue from a stadium expansion is tiny compared to potential commercial revenue (e.g. see Spurs - no reason why we shouldn't aim for where they are in terms of non match day income).
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 17:08 - Jul 27 with 2899 viewsFlashberryjack

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 16:28 - Jul 27 by LeonisGod

The potential increase in revenue from a stadium expansion is tiny compared to potential commercial revenue (e.g. see Spurs - no reason why we shouldn't aim for where they are in terms of non match day income).

If the extent of the commercial departments mentality is to turn flashing led advertising boards to face the crowd.....then it really does need a major overhaul...it really does.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 17:12 - Jul 27 with 2894 viewsScoobyWho

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 17:08 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

If the extent of the commercial departments mentality is to turn flashing led advertising boards to face the crowd.....then it really does need a major overhaul...it really does.

It's obviously clear we haven't expanded because there is a difficulty with the council and part ownership of the stadium. And of course the rugby issue. There can't be any other reason. It's obviously a legal one, ownership and costs etc.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 17:21 - Jul 27 with 2870 viewsOldjack

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 17:12 - Jul 27 by ScoobyWho

It's obviously clear we haven't expanded because there is a difficulty with the council and part ownership of the stadium. And of course the rugby issue. There can't be any other reason. It's obviously a legal one, ownership and costs etc.

the council keep putting obstacles in the way according to Huw, that was over a year ago

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 18:44 - Jul 27 with 2747 viewsFlashberryjack

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 17:12 - Jul 27 by ScoobyWho

I may be thick here (don't answer that) but I don't think it's the Council dragging their feet on this instance... more a lack of serious intent to push this project through by the board.
Or maybe that's just me being sceptical...and wrong.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 18:48 - Jul 27 with 2730 viewsDr_Winston

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 18:44 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

I may be thick here (don't answer that) but I don't think it's the Council dragging their feet on this instance... more a lack of serious intent to push this project through by the board.

That's the way I see it too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 18:55 - Jul 27 with 2715 viewsbuilthjack

Another season gone and still stuck on 20000 capacity. Ridiculous. Young kids can't get into The Liberty, they are the future. Catch them now and they will stay forever. If we don't catch them now and we get relegated sometime, they will be wearing Manure/Liverpool/Chelsea shirts about the City, because they haven't been able to watch The Swans.
6000 waiting list, which is more than likely nearer 10000 these days. Crazy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 19:01 - Jul 27 with 2692 viewslondonlisa2001

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 15:39 - Jul 27 by Ryan

Exactly none of the outside 'investment' would have gone anywhere than in the back pockets of the owners, so think again on that one.

And the waiting list for season tickets doesn't reflect on anything other than the number of people that are prepared to have £100 or so tied up for 2 years. I wouldn't do it. Why tie up money when if the stadium is expanded you'll be able to get a season ticket if you want one? It's utter nonsense.
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 19:04 - Jul 27 with 2683 viewsjasper_T

There'll be an extra £40-50m of TV money banging about next season, so hopefully we'll see more investment then. I don't expect the club to foot the bill for any more seats until they outright own the stadium, though.
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 19:38 - Jul 27 with 2607 viewsJackfath

Today's daily mail?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 19:53 - Jul 27 with 2563 viewswaynekerr55

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 17:08 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

Didn't one of the family members study marketing at college?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 20:33 - Jul 27 with 2425 viewsperchrockjack

I would love the job of commercial head .

Arses would be kicked

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 20:46 - Jul 27 with 2403 viewsFlashberryjack

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 19:53 - Jul 27 by waynekerr55

Didn't one of the family members study marketing at college?

Yes...apparently.
And hell of a job they're doing as well.....think of the £millions we've earned by advertising local curry shops on those led screens, you know, the ones that are supposed to face the field....f*cking absolute genius. I'm worried in case Man Utd come head hunting.

Hello

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 20:47 - Jul 27 with 2402 viewswhiterock

HJ said we r looking to start the build in January only last month, but for me, it has to be May, the expansion will take 1 year to complete so if we start in January 16, we'll finish January 17 but won't be able to do the marrying up of new and old stand during the season. It will be open August 17.
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 22:49 - Jul 27 with 2225 viewsBanosswan

Fair play, your commitment is amazing. They don't affect me, but they definitely need to go if they're stirring up feelings this strong. Having said that, if they expanded the East by 6k, you could sit happily right up the back.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

(No subject) on 14:51 - Jul 28 with 2028 viewsFlashberryjack

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 22:49 - Jul 27 by Banosswan

Fair play, your commitment is amazing. They don't affect me, but they definitely need to go if they're stirring up feelings this strong. Having said that, if they expanded the East by 6k, you could sit happily right up the back.

Even if they don't affect you, surely you can see how amateurish they are, not to mention how disrespectful they are to the ones that are affected by the bloody things whilst trying to watch a game football.
To my knowledge, other than WBA, we are the only premier league club that subject their fans to this type of in your face advertising....our board have got so many things right over the last couple of years....but with these bloody things, they've got it so very,very wrong.

As I've said before "if you went to a cinema you'd expect the adverts to be turned off during the film"
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 14:58]

Hello

(No subject) on 21:37 - Jul 28 with 1913 viewswhiterock

(No subject) on 14:51 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

Even if they don't affect you, surely you can see how amateurish they are, not to mention how disrespectful they are to the ones that are affected by the bloody things whilst trying to watch a game football.
To my knowledge, other than WBA, we are the only premier league club that subject their fans to this type of in your face advertising....our board have got so many things right over the last couple of years....but with these bloody things, they've got it so very,very wrong.

As I've said before "if you went to a cinema you'd expect the adverts to be turned off during the film"
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 14:58]

Leicester have them, as do Sunderland
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 21:53 - Jul 28 with 1879 viewsLeonisGod

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 18:44 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

It could easily be both. The board not wishing to push something through on a stadium we don't technically own. In other words if it's the board dragging their heels, there could be perfectly good reasons. But again, an increase in attendance is pigeon feed compared to the income we could get through other channels. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, but easier, more cost-effective gains can be got elsewhere (based on the commercial incomes of other clubs).
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 22:48 - Jul 28 with 1814 viewswhiterock

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 21:53 - Jul 28 by LeonisGod

It could easily be both. The board not wishing to push something through on a stadium we don't technically own. In other words if it's the board dragging their heels, there could be perfectly good reasons. But again, an increase in attendance is pigeon feed compared to the income we could get through other channels. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, but easier, more cost-effective gains can be got elsewhere (based on the commercial incomes of other clubs).

I know what your saying but we can't grow as a club without expansion, am I right in saying 6,000 seats at £18m is £3k a seat? Now we'd need sell outs for the next 10 years to pay for it, ie ave £300 a season ticket

I know we have to push the boat out on this but it does make you think
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 22:59 - Jul 28 with 1793 viewsjasper_T

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 22:48 - Jul 28 by whiterock

I know what your saying but we can't grow as a club without expansion, am I right in saying 6,000 seats at £18m is £3k a seat? Now we'd need sell outs for the next 10 years to pay for it, ie ave £300 a season ticket

I know we have to push the boat out on this but it does make you think

It's nonsense to say that the club can't grow without expansion of the stadium; that's a traditionalists view with little basis in the reality of how the modern football product is consumed. The TV deal is increasing by £50m in the 16/17 season, and already brings in 10 times the money that ticket sales does. 6'000 more sets would be a drop in a still-growing bucket.

The number of people a club can cram into a stadium is going to matter less and less every year. With no debt to service Swansea City can cope without it as long as it chooses
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 23:08 - Jul 28 with 1779 viewswhiterock

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 22:59 - Jul 28 by jasper_T

It's nonsense to say that the club can't grow without expansion of the stadium; that's a traditionalists view with little basis in the reality of how the modern football product is consumed. The TV deal is increasing by £50m in the 16/17 season, and already brings in 10 times the money that ticket sales does. 6'000 more sets would be a drop in a still-growing bucket.

The number of people a club can cram into a stadium is going to matter less and less every year. With no debt to service Swansea City can cope without it as long as it chooses

I'm alright Jack attitude
Supporters are the lifeblood of any club, we can't afford to lose a generation, there simply isn't any where for youngsters to go and how do be grow the brand in other territories when we can't sell them a ticket

No, we have to build or we'll wither and die
"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 23:10 - Jul 28 with 1774 viewsGowerjack

"A Model Football Club" But Expansion Has To Happen... on 22:59 - Jul 28 by jasper_T

The club needs young supporters to florish.

Your arguement is deeply flawed.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024