Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant 13:04 - Aug 1 with 3846 viewsdgt73

And no ambulance has turned up yet- over an hour the poor lady has been laying on the floor. Fuking disgusting

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:06 - Aug 1 with 2660 viewsGeoffThom

Old boy in town hill yesterday in the same way no sign of an ambulance either
Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:07 - Aug 1 with 2651 viewsBloodyhills

Wonder why there aren't enough ambulances anymore. :(

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:09 - Aug 1 with 2644 viewsDarran

I've got to be honest we had to ring 999 two weeks ago and the ambulance was here in ten minutes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:09 - Aug 1 with 2645 viewsFar_Post

Saw something similar yesterday when a man was lying on the ground by Graiglwyd square. Drove past around 2 in the afternoon and he was on the floor with people helping him.

Drove past again at 4 and he was still there. Ambulance hadn't arrived.

Blog: The C Word

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:47 - Aug 1 with 2532 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:09 - Aug 1 by Far_Post

Saw something similar yesterday when a man was lying on the ground by Graiglwyd square. Drove past around 2 in the afternoon and he was on the floor with people helping him.

Drove past again at 4 and he was still there. Ambulance hadn't arrived.

Absolutely shocking. The worry now is that these failures will be lost in the new performance indicators of emergency only responses. The ambulance service is taking the blame unnecessarily. All you ever see nowadays is ambulances and paramedics charging around the place. It seems to me that there are not enough resources, poor transport links and under resourced A and Es resulting in ambulances queuing outside.
I hope these poor people are ok. It really should not be happening.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:50 - Aug 1 with 2521 viewsdantheswansman

Probably parked up outside the hospital with patients in the back waiting to be found a bed as most are taken up by elderly using it as a nursing home .
Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:53 - Aug 1 with 2508 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 13:50 - Aug 1 by dantheswansman

Probably parked up outside the hospital with patients in the back waiting to be found a bed as most are taken up by elderly using it as a nursing home .

And so we move correctly on to social care as an issue. Decimated at Public Sector level and the Private Sector say they cannot provide the services on the money offered as they have to create a divvy for their shareholders as well.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 13:53]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 14:20 - Aug 1 with 2419 viewsLord_Bony

Can someone call Dr.Jackfath please ffs....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 14:22 - Aug 1 with 2409 viewsdgt73

They can find money to pay these cu#ts £300 a day to sit in the House of Lords, but can't find money to pay for extra ambulances to treat a 78 yr old lady, left on the floor for 1 hour 40 mins in the end....I'm absolutely fcuking fuming, what i witnessed this morning.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 14:25 - Aug 1 with 2396 viewsDyfnant

Apparently we'd all prefer a 24/7 Health service to getting the basics right

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 14:36 - Aug 1 with 2364 viewsHighjack

I know it sounds stupid but had anyone actually phoned the ambulance? I saw a biker come off once, dripping with blood on the road, but everyone was just standing around gawping because they assumed someone else had phoned.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 14:45 - Aug 1 with 2336 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 14:25 - Aug 1 by Dyfnant

Apparently we'd all prefer a 24/7 Health service to getting the basics right

There is no question the demands are getting greater. We need to get the basics right and I am not against a 24/7 health service. There are often huge queues for CT and MRI scans etc so a round the clock service would bound to help in reducing waiting times.
The daft thing is the Tories are calling for this without any extra resources. Merely telling people to work harder and smarter. Madness IMHO.

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:04 - Aug 1 with 2269 viewsjacktar

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 14:36 - Aug 1 by Highjack

I know it sounds stupid but had anyone actually phoned the ambulance? I saw a biker come off once, dripping with blood on the road, but everyone was just standing around gawping because they assumed someone else had phoned.

I was just going to make that point. Maybe the ill / injured person said they did not want an ambulance. It does happen.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:15 - Aug 1 with 2236 viewsDDCH

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 14:36 - Aug 1 by Highjack

To be fair to the quadrant staff, they had got her a blanket etc and had people sitting with her waiting for it to arrive. Felt sorry for the old lady as she was being bothered by those velour tracksuit wearing, missing tooth woman who look in their 50's but are actually 28

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:25 - Aug 1 with 2208 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:15 - Aug 1 by DDCH

To be fair to the quadrant staff, they had got her a blanket etc and had people sitting with her waiting for it to arrive. Felt sorry for the old lady as she was being bothered by those velour tracksuit wearing, missing tooth woman who look in their 50's but are actually 28

Going off on a tangent but did anyone see BBC Cardiff the other evening? They were out with the paramedics and attended an elderly lady who had fallen in Fishguard ( I mean Cardiff). Her face was covered in blood and she was sitting on the pavement. They decided to interview her on what she thought of the ambulance service. If that had been me I would have told them where to stick their microphone!

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:27 - Aug 1 with 2202 viewslifelong

30 grand a year the average cost of care for a elderly person, how the feck can these robbing bastards justify that?
Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:35 - Aug 1 with 2173 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:27 - Aug 1 by lifelong

30 grand a year the average cost of care for a elderly person, how the feck can these robbing bastards justify that?

And they are packing as many as they can into these homes and paying the minimum wages whilst getting the staff to work all hours. When my old Dad was in care I used to visit him wearing my council employee badge. All the staff would ever ask me is now they could get a job in council run homes due to the improved working conditions.
We then move on to how this is paid for. Out of the bank accounts and the houses the elderly have saved up for during their lifetime. So unfair.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 15:37]

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:41 - Aug 1 with 2146 viewsHighjack

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:27 - Aug 1 by lifelong

Gotta pay the nurse 20+ grand. Take off vat, doctors fees, facilities, power etc. profit margins probably aren't that high.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:50 - Aug 1 with 2119 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:41 - Aug 1 by Highjack

Gotta pay the nurse 20+ grand. Take off vat, doctors fees, facilities, power etc. profit margins probably aren't that high.

It is not one to one nursing though HJ. Not by any stretch. There is a home in Swansea Centre that has row upon row of massive terraced houses crammed with rooms.another in Sketty has taken away all it's garden are to bang more rooms in. There are good ones run for the right reasons but there are just as many poor ones I would wager. The inspectorate is suffering from cutbacks on top of this.

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 16:02 - Aug 1 with 2073 viewsScoobyWho

This is a very good point, I don't genuinely believe anyone would be left in need of emergency treatment on the side of the road for 2 hrs. Not even here. Maybe Scotland, but not here.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 16:03 - Aug 1 with 2068 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Many council run homes across the country have closed down since the introduction of an independent inspectorate. Before then councils inspected their own homes as well as private homes but didn't use the same criteria for assessment. When council run homes faced the same requirement for physical dimensions of rooms etc. they realised that it would cost a fortune to bring them up to the standard that they expected of the private sector.

Many councils decided they couldn't bring all their homes up to standard so closed some of them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 16:06 - Aug 1 with 2053 viewsDyfnant

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 15:41 - Aug 1 by Highjack

Unless things have changed in the last 4 years there are no 'doctors fees'. If the nursing home is in the practice catchment area they're simply patient numbers.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 16:11 - Aug 1 with 2029 viewsjack_lord

It would be interesting to see the balance sheet of such a home. I would expect one, possibly two qualified staff nurses in a home with the rest of the staff made up with minimum wage carers. There are huge costs involved no doubt but anyone who has a relative in such a place paying £650 plus a week will be wondering where it all goes.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 16:15 - Aug 1 with 2004 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 16:03 - Aug 1 by Joe_bradshaw

Many council run homes across the country have closed down since the introduction of an independent inspectorate. Before then councils inspected their own homes as well as private homes but didn't use the same criteria for assessment. When council run homes faced the same requirement for physical dimensions of rooms etc. they realised that it would cost a fortune to bring them up to the standard that they expected of the private sector.

Many councils decided they couldn't bring all their homes up to standard so closed some of them.

This is true. It certainly happened in swansea with places like West Cross House closing. There should have been a recognition of the problem and a central fund set aside to upgrade these establishments. They were the residents homes after all. Babies and bath water spring to mind. Fact remains that those that are left are seen as utopia by many of their equivalents working in the Private Sector.

Elderly lady collapses outside WHsmiths by the Quadrant on 16:19 - Aug 1 with 1984 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The biggest ongoing cost is the business loan needed to buy a very large property, gut it, refurb and equip it to the standard required.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024