Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures 21:44 - Aug 1 with 2624 viewsPhil_S

Swansea City 0 Deportivo La Coruna 0

The Swans drew their last pre-season match this evening at the Liberty being held 0-0 by a Deportivo La Coruna side who at times seemed to take the game far too seriously.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39495/swansea-city-0-depo

MATCH GALLERY

Pictures at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39496/gallery-swansea-cit

Monk - We Lacked Killer Touch

Garry Monk was not a disappointed man at the end of the Swans final pre-season friendly which they drew 0-0 at home with Deportivo La Coruna.

Full story at Garry Monk was not a disappointed man at the end of the Swans final pre-season friendly which they drew 0-0 at home with Deportivo La Coruna.

Dyer - Perfect Chelsea Preparation

Saturday, 1st Aug 2015 21:40 by Planet Swans (follow us on Twitter @swansnews)

Nathan Dyer looked like one of those players at the start of the summer who may well have been on his way out of the Liberty Stadium.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39498/dyer--perfect-chels

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Five Things We Learned Ahead Of Chelsea

The Swans pre-season is over and now it is the final countdown for the first league game of the season next Saturday against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. But what did the final game tell us ahead of that fixture?

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39506/swansea-0-deportivo

Short videos from the game

Not many and shot from the West Stand but a few at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39510

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 23:44 - Aug 1 with 2378 viewsSwanseajill

I was lucky enough to have a perfect seat today!, thanks to The Trust, and although at half time some were saying the game needed a goal to give it some bite, I thought the football was decent from both teams.

The Spanish have a knack of fouling very precisely,and just about getting away with niggling digs, but today I saw some street wise play by Swansea that makes me think that we are going to need to be tough with our own play because football is now about...what you can get away with as far as the referee is concerned.

Sad to see but maybe a necessary evil that we have little choice of...if you can't beat 'em, then perhaps we may have to join them.
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 00:15 - Aug 2 with 2324 viewsDull1Thomas

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 23:44 - Aug 1 by Swanseajill

I was lucky enough to have a perfect seat today!, thanks to The Trust, and although at half time some were saying the game needed a goal to give it some bite, I thought the football was decent from both teams.

The Spanish have a knack of fouling very precisely,and just about getting away with niggling digs, but today I saw some street wise play by Swansea that makes me think that we are going to need to be tough with our own play because football is now about...what you can get away with as far as the referee is concerned.

Sad to see but maybe a necessary evil that we have little choice of...if you can't beat 'em, then perhaps we may have to join them.

I also had a good view and have to say the Spanish side were well within their rights to be questioning the ref. I hope our players cut out the cynical aspects that are creeping into their play - elbows, jumping into players, leaving the foot in, raking studs. Ayew and Taylor would have received early bookings in the Prem, I'm sure.

A decent game for a pre-season affair

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 01:13 - Aug 2 with 2267 viewsSwanseajill

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 00:15 - Aug 2 by Dull1Thomas

I also had a good view and have to say the Spanish side were well within their rights to be questioning the ref. I hope our players cut out the cynical aspects that are creeping into their play - elbows, jumping into players, leaving the foot in, raking studs. Ayew and Taylor would have received early bookings in the Prem, I'm sure.

A decent game for a pre-season affair

I agree that questioning the ref was within their rights as far as the penalty shout was in question, but up till then the majority of knees in backs, tackles from behind and plenty of other fouls were ignored by the ref.
I hate to see retaliation from my club. All I'm saying is we need to get tougher in being on the receiving end with no reply IF refs are going to let this carry on during every game in the league.Or do we just sit back and let teams get away with it due to referees that of late turn a blind eye.
Or do we need to get tougher to even the play?
It's something that has crept into our game with so many foreign players joining the league clubs throughout the leagues during the last 5/6 years, and the question is...how do we deal with it?
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 07:28 - Aug 2 with 2125 viewsAnotherJohn

I agree that there was a bit of edge to this friendly with some 'streetwise' behaviour on both sides. Have to say honestly though that I don't think our own deeds were just a reaction to provocation from Deportiva. It seemed to me that there were a couple of late challenges from Swans players early on that rather surprised me. That is not to say that I would object if we got more physical in league games.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 7:31]
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 08:41 - Aug 2 with 2024 viewsPhil_S

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 23:44 - Aug 1 by Swanseajill

Firstly, hope you enjoyed your day and were well looked after by the two Amigos.

I have to say that Ayew's first impact at the stadium would have been a yellow card had it been a competitive game, had completely forgotten about that until I read this thread
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 09:03 - Aug 2 with 1970 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 08:41 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

Firstly, hope you enjoyed your day and were well looked after by the two Amigos.

I have to say that Ayew's first impact at the stadium would have been a yellow card had it been a competitive game, had completely forgotten about that until I read this thread

As far as I'm concerned we definitely started the niggly cynical stuff yesterday.

* didn't mean to quote.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 9:04]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 10:25 - Aug 2 with 1824 viewsblaine_scfc

I'm sure I read somewhere before that Ayew had a reputation in France, racked up a few yellow and reds. After the first challenge yesterday I can see why.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 10:25]
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 17:18 - Aug 2 with 1420 viewsDull1Thomas

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 01:13 - Aug 2 by Swanseajill

I agree that questioning the ref was within their rights as far as the penalty shout was in question, but up till then the majority of knees in backs, tackles from behind and plenty of other fouls were ignored by the ref.
I hate to see retaliation from my club. All I'm saying is we need to get tougher in being on the receiving end with no reply IF refs are going to let this carry on during every game in the league.Or do we just sit back and let teams get away with it due to referees that of late turn a blind eye.
Or do we need to get tougher to even the play?
It's something that has crept into our game with so many foreign players joining the league clubs throughout the leagues during the last 5/6 years, and the question is...how do we deal with it?

All a bit on the edge last night but Ayew's rough housing and foul on the Deportivo player when the ball was out and they were over the touch line came on 21 seconds!

I don't want to get in to a fight but, 'It's something that has crept into our game with so many foreign players joining the league clubs throughout the leagues during the last 5/6 years,' Sseriously?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 18:58 - Aug 2 with 1344 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 17:18 - Aug 2 by Dull1Thomas

All a bit on the edge last night but Ayew's rough housing and foul on the Deportivo player when the ball was out and they were over the touch line came on 21 seconds!

I don't want to get in to a fight but, 'It's something that has crept into our game with so many foreign players joining the league clubs throughout the leagues during the last 5/6 years,' Sseriously?

Can't argue with that. We were over the top in some of our rough housing of their players from the first few seconds - can't really blame them for the way they responded. Surprised by the behaviour of one or two yesterday.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 23:14 - Aug 2 with 1147 viewsSwanseajill

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 17:18 - Aug 2 by Dull1Thomas

There will be no fight from me.
I'm just saying what I see, and it's an opinion, seriously.
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 23:25 - Aug 2 with 1130 viewsSwanseajill

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 08:41 - Aug 2 by Phil_S

I did enjoy my day thanks Phil, and made all the more enjoyable with those two for company.

I reached my seat after kick off, so I didn't see the Ayew's foul. I was making comment on the match as a whole. I just have a feeling that there will be more steel in our games this season.
Time will tell I'm sure.
Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 01:34 - Aug 3 with 1080 viewsDull1Thomas

Swansea 0 Deportivo 0 - Report, Reaction And Pictures on 23:14 - Aug 2 by Swanseajill

There will be no fight from me.
I'm just saying what I see, and it's an opinion, seriously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024