Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 things that struck me about yesterday 19:40 - Aug 2 with 5190 viewsSwanzay

We are desperate for expansion, I know plans are a foot, but yesterday highlighted the potential for future generations who I assume the vast majority are currently unable to go to games purely because of the lack of availability. It is essential that expansion happens sooner than later.

Secondly and maybe on a sour note, how the feck can a club in SWANSEA justify £43 for a small kids football tops (age 5 and lower) it is outrageous in the extreme considering there is no VAT on kids clothes.

This is something the trust need to something regarding the pricing of kits etc for kids if we are wishing to continue to being labeled as a 'model club' .

[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 19:44]
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:03 - Aug 2 with 1436 viewsSwanzay

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:39 - Aug 2 by Darran

Answer the question.

Answer the question to further embarrass you with pleasure, no!

Next obsessive one?
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:07 - Aug 2 with 1418 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:56 - Aug 2 by icecoldjack

Same here . Good to have a catch up and touch base with everyone.

Ooh look out Tony and Benny sitting up a tree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:09 - Aug 2 with 1416 viewsLord_Bony

I have heard some rumours close to the club that there is still backroom talk about buying the stadium outright from the council before expansion takes place.

This makes sense as any money spent would otherwise benefit the landlord and not the tenant S.C.F.C.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:11 - Aug 2 with 1401 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:09 - Aug 2 by Lord_Bony

I have heard some rumours close to the club that there is still backroom talk about buying the stadium outright from the council before expansion takes place.

This makes sense as any money spent would otherwise benefit the landlord and not the tenant S.C.F.C.

You've heard the club might be buying the stadium?

no way spill the beans. 😂😂😂

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:18 - Aug 2 with 1373 viewswhiterock

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 20:15 - Aug 2 by Darran

Seriously? We all laugh at Cardiff but the time it took them to knock up their unused stand is admirable.

There's something radically wrong when there's no sign of it even being started.

You say no sign but Huw Jenkins said in a recent article that we hope to start work in January, personally, I think it will be May
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:23 - Aug 2 with 1349 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:18 - Aug 2 by whiterock

You say no sign but Huw Jenkins said in a recent article that we hope to start work in January, personally, I think it will be May

Mmmmm never trust a Huw.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:37 - Aug 2 with 1323 viewsicecoldjack

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:09 - Aug 2 by Lord_Bony

Of course some would say it also makes scfc more attractive for a sale of shares to potential "investors "

Personally, why pay 32m for a stadium to build a 10m quid stand on it? Why not treat it as an investment in the same way we pay a player a similar amount in wages.

We don't need ownership of the liberty we just need an extra 5,000 seats there .

All ownership of the stadium will give us is The potential for hostile take over and debt secured on our property IMO the club is perfect because it doesn't own it's ground in this respect.

hate to say it but buying something we don't really need will just secure a future buy out and an increased cashing out of shares for a more healthy figure than the one banded around recently .
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:50 - Aug 2 with 1291 viewswhiterock

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:37 - Aug 2 by icecoldjack

Of course some would say it also makes scfc more attractive for a sale of shares to potential "investors "

Personally, why pay 32m for a stadium to build a 10m quid stand on it? Why not treat it as an investment in the same way we pay a player a similar amount in wages.

We don't need ownership of the liberty we just need an extra 5,000 seats there .

All ownership of the stadium will give us is The potential for hostile take over and debt secured on our property IMO the club is perfect because it doesn't own it's ground in this respect.

hate to say it but buying something we don't really need will just secure a future buy out and an increased cashing out of shares for a more healthy figure than the one banded around recently .

Buying the stadium is roughly £25m, then to build phase one is another £20m, £45m in total, council want their wedge in 3 years. £8m a year would ruin SCFC and there lies the problem.
Login to get fewer ads

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:54 - Aug 2 with 1279 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:50 - Aug 2 by whiterock

Buying the stadium is roughly £25m, then to build phase one is another £20m, £45m in total, council want their wedge in 3 years. £8m a year would ruin SCFC and there lies the problem.

Our wage bill must be huge.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:00 - Aug 2 with 1255 viewswhiterock

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:54 - Aug 2 by Darran

Correct
And it'll get higher as more money comes into the game
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:04 - Aug 2 with 1244 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:00 - Aug 2 by whiterock

Correct
And it'll get higher as more money comes into the game

May it is then when we're safe.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:10 - Aug 2 with 1232 viewswhiterock

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:04 - Aug 2 by Darran

May it is then when we're safe.

Dar, the reason I'm guessing May is that the build will take a year, so if we start in January, we'll finish in January 2017 but won't be able to marry up new stand with old as it will be in use, makes more sense May-May or even June-June
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:10 - Aug 2 with 1232 viewsLeonisGod

Yep, there were a few around me in the west who don't normally go. Took my too nippers as well - I'd seriously think about getting 3 more STs if I could. Buggered if I'm paying best part of £50 for a top for my 4 yr old though. If she's lucky she'll get a training top for her birthday - if the red ones come back in stock.

I reckon we'd sell more, but then we struggled to sell tickets for our Euro ties, so maybe demand isn't as high as we think
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:16 - Aug 2 with 1222 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:10 - Aug 2 by LeonisGod

Yep, there were a few around me in the west who don't normally go. Took my too nippers as well - I'd seriously think about getting 3 more STs if I could. Buggered if I'm paying best part of £50 for a top for my 4 yr old though. If she's lucky she'll get a training top for her birthday - if the red ones come back in stock.

I reckon we'd sell more, but then we struggled to sell tickets for our Euro ties, so maybe demand isn't as high as we think

FFS you tight tw*t.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:21 - Aug 2 with 1201 viewsLeonisGod

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:16 - Aug 2 by Darran

FFS you tight tw*t.

Yep, that and the missus would have my nuts off.
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:29 - Aug 2 with 1158 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:21 - Aug 2 by LeonisGod

Yep, that and the missus would have my nuts off.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:30 - Aug 2 with 1152 viewsicecoldjack

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:50 - Aug 2 by whiterock

Well I'm no expert but I'm sure the stadium cost 20 m to build and now 10 yes later it costs the same price for and extra 20% addition.

It is what it is though and IMO there is no need to buy just add in the extra 5k . The club can no doubt loan the money secured on its other assets and projected cash flow and prem e money in the next 4 yrs which would be around 5m a year plus interest.

Like I said I'm no expert bit there seems to always be a reason not to it rather than a reason to it. A simplistic view I know.

If you build it they will come..

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:32 - Aug 2 with 1147 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:30 - Aug 2 by icecoldjack

Well I'm no expert but I'm sure the stadium cost 20 m to build and now 10 yes later it costs the same price for and extra 20% addition.

It is what it is though and IMO there is no need to buy just add in the extra 5k . The club can no doubt loan the money secured on its other assets and projected cash flow and prem e money in the next 4 yrs which would be around 5m a year plus interest.

Like I said I'm no expert bit there seems to always be a reason not to it rather than a reason to it. A simplistic view I know.

If you build it they will come..

Why 5k surely we need more than that long term?

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:37 - Aug 2 with 1133 viewswhiterock

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:32 - Aug 2 by Darran

Why 5k surely we need more than that long term?

6k is phase one, it's 21,088 now so that'll take us to 27k
Then if phase 2/3 happen another 6k will go on so we're up to 33k
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:43 - Aug 2 with 1113 viewsDarran

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 22:37 - Aug 2 by whiterock

6k is phase one, it's 21,088 now so that'll take us to 27k
Then if phase 2/3 happen another 6k will go on so we're up to 33k

Superb.

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 01:32 - Aug 3 with 991 viewsDull1Thomas

I remember asking Santa for a Swansea shirt (In the 1950s that was like asking for a long sleeved white football jersey) but was surprised on opening my big present to find a green shirt! When I asked why Santa had brought me a green shirt my old man told me the Swans goalkeeper always wore green (which was true). 'Santa' must have been magic though, as he (or one of the elves) had sewn on the shirt the very heavy, embroidered Swans badge I'd been given by my uncle as a birthday present earlier in the year. I loved it.
I looked better than King.
I was totally made up and insisted on playing goal with my mates.
Years later I found out Santa had been nobbled by my mother who didn't want another white shirt to wash and the green one was two bob cheaper in the market.
In those days clothes were always bought three sizes too big (to grow into) so I wore that shirt for years.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 09:29 - Aug 3 with 879 viewsjacktar

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 01:32 - Aug 3 by Dull1Thomas

I remember asking Santa for a Swansea shirt (In the 1950s that was like asking for a long sleeved white football jersey) but was surprised on opening my big present to find a green shirt! When I asked why Santa had brought me a green shirt my old man told me the Swans goalkeeper always wore green (which was true). 'Santa' must have been magic though, as he (or one of the elves) had sewn on the shirt the very heavy, embroidered Swans badge I'd been given by my uncle as a birthday present earlier in the year. I loved it.
I looked better than King.
I was totally made up and insisted on playing goal with my mates.
Years later I found out Santa had been nobbled by my mother who didn't want another white shirt to wash and the green one was two bob cheaper in the market.
In those days clothes were always bought three sizes too big (to grow into) so I wore that shirt for years.

Nice little story, if a bit before my time (Not much mind).

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 09:43 - Aug 3 with 865 viewsjasper_T

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 21:54 - Aug 2 by Darran

At least £70m this season with the squad as it is. Turnover will be about £105m. It's a big chunk.

16/17 that will rise to at least £150m, but you know every player/agent will be crying about a new contract by then.
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 10:37 - Aug 3 with 810 viewsjack247

I know quite a few people who went Saturday because they don't have season tickets and were able to sit in groups of mates. We only sell out most games the week before at the moment, which suggests the capacity isn't far off being right, but how many kids do you see walking round Swansea in club merchandise these days? We have never been able to compete with the glory teams for the younger fanbase before and a kid who grows up a plastic Manc will still probably be a plastic Manc when he is an adult. We won't compete if people can only watch on TV. The only way we can, is if we make live football accessible to them. We won't do that in a stadium with 75% or whatever season ticket holders, with the vast majority renewing every year.
2 things that struck me about yesterday on 12:00 - Aug 3 with 761 viewsjasper_T

2 things that struck me about yesterday on 10:37 - Aug 3 by jack247

I know quite a few people who went Saturday because they don't have season tickets and were able to sit in groups of mates. We only sell out most games the week before at the moment, which suggests the capacity isn't far off being right, but how many kids do you see walking round Swansea in club merchandise these days? We have never been able to compete with the glory teams for the younger fanbase before and a kid who grows up a plastic Manc will still probably be a plastic Manc when he is an adult. We won't compete if people can only watch on TV. The only way we can, is if we make live football accessible to them. We won't do that in a stadium with 75% or whatever season ticket holders, with the vast majority renewing every year.

A kid who grows up a plastic jack will probably be a plastic jack when they grow up.

Until we get relegated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024