Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you swap Gomis for Bony 09:11 - Aug 16 with 10483 viewsdgt73

For me it's a NO

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:02 - Aug 16 with 1158 viewsAquinas

Definitely Bony.

Bafe 'I'm Jack' Gomis has no loyalty and will not be here next season.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:04 - Aug 16 with 1154 viewsdgt73

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:02 - Aug 16 by Aquinas

Definitely Bony.

Bafe 'I'm Jack' Gomis has no loyalty and will not be here next season.

You make it sound like Bony was at swansea for yrs and he turned down moves time after time.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:06 - Aug 16 with 1148 viewsexiledclaseboy

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:04 - Aug 16 by dgt73

You make it sound like Bony was at swansea for yrs and he turned down moves time after time.

Innit. Bony was off at the first sniff of a move to a top club (not that there's anything wrong with that) as Gomis would be.

Poll: Tory leader

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:11 - Aug 16 with 1133 viewsdgt73

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:06 - Aug 16 by exiledclaseboy

Innit. Bony was off at the first sniff of a move to a top club (not that there's anything wrong with that) as Gomis would be.

Yes i agree. It mostly comes down to how much money someone can earn - don't blame them really. Swansea tho is becoming a very attractive club to play for IMO.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:21 - Aug 16 with 1111 viewsRancid

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:07 - Aug 16 by dgt73

As the saying goes "if it ain't broken don't fix it". If Bony came back tomorrow IMO he'd have to sit on the bench and wait for his chance, just like Gomis did.

No, we'd be mad to the form we're in and style we've now taken on.Gomis looks perfect for it and it's just a shame he's 30 and not 23 or we'd get more for him than we did Bony.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:27 - Aug 16 with 1091 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:11 - Aug 16 by dgt73

Yes i agree. It mostly comes down to how much money someone can earn - don't blame them really. Swansea tho is becoming a very attractive club to play for IMO.

Read an article the other day that said the gap between us and the likes of Southampton, Stoke, West Ham and the very top clubs is shrinking. The logic being that outside of the absolute elite who play for Real Madrid or Barcelona, our top clubs pretty much have the pick of any player they want. The massive increase in TV money hasn't changed that, but what it has done is made the other Premier League sides more competitive internationally (i.e. we can genuinely compete with the likes of Valencia, Roma, Ajax etc when previously they would have been much higher in the pecking order). There is still and probably always will be a difference in the level of players Chelsea can attract compared to us, but it is not as great as it used to be because we have moved a few rungs up the global ladder jus by being in the Premier league.

I'm not sure if I completely agree, but I can certainly see the sense in it.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:34 - Aug 16 with 1070 viewsDr_Winston

For all that people moan about the "Sky Four", the money available to even the lowest clubs in the PL make it a stronger league from 1-20 than basically any other in Europe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:38 - Aug 16 with 1056 viewsJackSomething

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:34 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

For all that people moan about the "Sky Four", the money available to even the lowest clubs in the PL make it a stronger league from 1-20 than basically any other in Europe.

The next step needs to be teams doing better in Europe. Unfortunately the likes of Spurs and Liverpool don't try very hard because they want to be in the Champions League and the likes of West Ham want out of it to ensure they don't end up in relegation trouble.

Spanish clubs do brilliantly in the Europa despite the fact they get a fraction of the money that the British clubs do.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:48 - Aug 16 with 1019 viewsDr_Winston

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:38 - Aug 16 by JackSomething

The next step needs to be teams doing better in Europe. Unfortunately the likes of Spurs and Liverpool don't try very hard because they want to be in the Champions League and the likes of West Ham want out of it to ensure they don't end up in relegation trouble.

Spanish clubs do brilliantly in the Europa despite the fact they get a fraction of the money that the British clubs do.

Wasn't that long ago that three out of four CL semi-finalists were all from the Premier League, and most years there was at least one in there. It'll come round again.

The addition of a CL slot for the winners of the Europa should add a little more spice to that competition though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 13:01 - Aug 16 with 987 viewsexiledclaseboy

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:48 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

Wasn't that long ago that three out of four CL semi-finalists were all from the Premier League, and most years there was at least one in there. It'll come round again.

The addition of a CL slot for the winners of the Europa should add a little more spice to that competition though.

The FA should give one of England's Champions League spots to the FA Cup winners. With that one move the lost lustre of the FA cup would be restored in an instant.

Poll: Tory leader

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 13:02 - Aug 16 with 975 viewsDr_Winston

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 13:01 - Aug 16 by exiledclaseboy

The FA should give one of England's Champions League spots to the FA Cup winners. With that one move the lost lustre of the FA cup would be restored in an instant.

Wouldn't bet against that happening in a future FA/PL spat.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 13:03 - Aug 16 with 972 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 12:38 - Aug 16 by JackSomething

They can afford to take it more seriously, as there is less of a financial penalty for dropping out of
La Liga and there are less teams throwing stupid money at getting promoted into it, so they have a better chance of going back up if they are relegated. They also treat their domestic cup competitions with far more scorn than anyone here does either cup.

Not saying we are right and they are wrong, just different circumstances create different priorities.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 13:59 - Aug 16 with 893 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:34 - Aug 16 by jack247

Well yes, those players are on a different level again. They are also different types of player to either Bony or Gomis, doesn't mean they can't be judged as better.

I know Bony started the other day, but Aguero is very much the main man there. If he was here getting 25 goals a season and all the through balls were played to him, you don't think that would eat into Gomis' goal tally a bit?

I wouldn't be surprised if Gomis does score more than Bony, in fact given that Bony is likely to be playing more of a providing role and Gomis is going to be the focal point of our attacks, I would almost expect it.

To make it a fair comparison, if Gomis is topping the league goalscoring charts at Christmas, like Bony either was, or was close to when he went on ACON duty, I would agree with you.

Wibble.

You're only as good as your current form.

To suggest that Bony is on another level is a massive insult to our current number one striker.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:06 - Aug 16 with 876 viewsGriffting

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:25 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Yes. Bony signed a new contract with us to give us a better fee before he left to play Champions league football. Gomis would go and kick sand in the dessert if you paid him enough and is always likely to leave for a payday.

over a 12 year period he's played for 3 clubs, spending 5 years at both Lyon and St.etienne.
Yeah, huge mercenary.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:12 - Aug 16 with 870 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 13:59 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

Wibble.

You're only as good as your current form.

To suggest that Bony is on another level is a massive insult to our current number one striker.

If you are going to use 'wibble' as an argument, it would help if you hadn't tried to compare the coming seasons goal ratios between a player who is our undisputed #1 and a player who is mainly going to be used as a pivot for Aguero. It would also help if you weren't claiming a player that (so far) no one bigger than us has wanted to pay £8m for when we sold Bony for £28m less than a year ago. I take your point about current form, but my opinion is that Bony would score a hatful of goals in this side (we would adjust our style of play like we have for Gomis) and Gomis wouldn't get as many if he wasn't the main striker.

Anything else in my post you want to dispute rationally?
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:16 - Aug 16 with 859 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:12 - Aug 16 by jack247

If you are going to use 'wibble' as an argument, it would help if you hadn't tried to compare the coming seasons goal ratios between a player who is our undisputed #1 and a player who is mainly going to be used as a pivot for Aguero. It would also help if you weren't claiming a player that (so far) no one bigger than us has wanted to pay £8m for when we sold Bony for £28m less than a year ago. I take your point about current form, but my opinion is that Bony would score a hatful of goals in this side (we would adjust our style of play like we have for Gomis) and Gomis wouldn't get as many if he wasn't the main striker.

Anything else in my post you want to dispute rationally?

Hang about now wuss, i said originally, that they should be measured on goals scored, taking into account the number of league games each plays. So because nobody has come in for Gomis (who is 30) with a bid of more than £28m, must mean therefore that Bony is on another level? Behave will you. I'm not claiming that Bony wouldn't score plenty of goals in this side am i? I'm telling you that he is not on another level to Gomis, as you are suggesting. You get that now?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:28 - Aug 16 with 844 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:16 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

Hang about now wuss, i said originally, that they should be measured on goals scored, taking into account the number of league games each plays. So because nobody has come in for Gomis (who is 30) with a bid of more than £28m, must mean therefore that Bony is on another level? Behave will you. I'm not claiming that Bony wouldn't score plenty of goals in this side am i? I'm telling you that he is not on another level to Gomis, as you are suggesting. You get that now?

Ok thats a bit better.

The age factor is a valid point. I did say £8m, not £28m though, slight difference.

I have already explained to you why comparing goals scored would be futile, he is basically going to play more the role Siggy played in our old formation. I could have put it capitals, but I thought it was a simple enough point.

I think Bony is at a higher level because of what he has achieved so far, that's not to say Gomis won't get there, but in my opinion he hasn't yet.

Don't get angry, it's just an opinion.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:32 - Aug 16 with 836 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:28 - Aug 16 by jack247

Ok thats a bit better.

The age factor is a valid point. I did say £8m, not £28m though, slight difference.

I have already explained to you why comparing goals scored would be futile, he is basically going to play more the role Siggy played in our old formation. I could have put it capitals, but I thought it was a simple enough point.

I think Bony is at a higher level because of what he has achieved so far, that's not to say Gomis won't get there, but in my opinion he hasn't yet.

Don't get angry, it's just an opinion.

A bit better? You're a card aye.

Makes no difference whatsoever, just because a club is willing to pay x amount over another player has absolutely no bearing on their relative talent.

So if you are comparing a number 10 type player to a traditional 9, then you are not comparing like for like, so again, by saying he's on another level is nonsense.

What has he achieved that Gomis hasn't? Secured a move to a big club?

Angry? Aye, i'm fuming here.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:48 - Aug 16 with 815 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:32 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

A bit better? You're a card aye.

Makes no difference whatsoever, just because a club is willing to pay x amount over another player has absolutely no bearing on their relative talent.

So if you are comparing a number 10 type player to a traditional 9, then you are not comparing like for like, so again, by saying he's on another level is nonsense.

What has he achieved that Gomis hasn't? Secured a move to a big club?

Angry? Aye, i'm fuming here.

That is exactly my point and why it is ridiculous to compare goal tallies.

As for the rest of your post - yes, the fact that a player commands a bigger transfer fee and attracts bigger clubs is normally a pretty reasonable indication of him being a better player. At least in the eyes of Manchester City. I agree that age is a factor, but he is 30, not 36.

If it is any consolation, I hope you turn out to be right and Gomis does better here than Bony did.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:51 - Aug 16 with 813 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:48 - Aug 16 by jack247

That is exactly my point and why it is ridiculous to compare goal tallies.

As for the rest of your post - yes, the fact that a player commands a bigger transfer fee and attracts bigger clubs is normally a pretty reasonable indication of him being a better player. At least in the eyes of Manchester City. I agree that age is a factor, but he is 30, not 36.

If it is any consolation, I hope you turn out to be right and Gomis does better here than Bony did.

Oh give over, you're typing nonesene.

Here you go, Fabianski is on another level to Bony.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:02 - Aug 16 with 791 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 14:51 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

Oh give over, you're typing nonesene.

Here you go, Fabianski is on another level to Bony.

Right. So you can't think of a logical response, so you resort to that.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:08 - Aug 16 with 774 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:02 - Aug 16 by jack247

Right. So you can't think of a logical response, so you resort to that.

Let's just agree to disagree.

You, that's you, not me, claim that Bony is on another level to Gomis, despite you suggesting that they play in different positions. If you are going down that route, then you cannot compare them, so to say one is on another level to another is like saying an apple isn't a very good orange. I'm afraid i cannot help you any further.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:13 - Aug 16 with 756 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:08 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

You, that's you, not me, claim that Bony is on another level to Gomis, despite you suggesting that they play in different positions. If you are going down that route, then you cannot compare them, so to say one is on another level to another is like saying an apple isn't a very good orange. I'm afraid i cannot help you any further.

Bony played in Gomis' position and was the top scorer in the Peemier League last Christmas. In your world, that counts for nothing as you are only as good as your last game.

He won't play in it this season and you want to compare goals scored.

City could have bought him to either play as a number 9 or 10 if they had wanted. It would have cost them a lot less.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:19 - Aug 16 with 746 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:13 - Aug 16 by jack247

Bony played in Gomis' position and was the top scorer in the Peemier League last Christmas. In your world, that counts for nothing as you are only as good as your last game.

He won't play in it this season and you want to compare goals scored.

City could have bought him to either play as a number 9 or 10 if they had wanted. It would have cost them a lot less.

Where did i suggest that being top goal scorer at christmas counts for nothing? Where?

Tell me this, what are you basing the fact that in your opinion, Bony is on another level to Gomis. Bearing in mind now, to be on another level, you are talking about a big difference.

Your last line is just a load of nonsense again by the way. Can we buy Bony off you please Huw? Yes certainly, what position are you going to play him in though, because it will make a difference to how much we sell him to you for.

FFS, are you reading what you type before you post or what?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:31 - Aug 16 with 720 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 15:19 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

Where did i suggest that being top goal scorer at christmas counts for nothing? Where?

Tell me this, what are you basing the fact that in your opinion, Bony is on another level to Gomis. Bearing in mind now, to be on another level, you are talking about a big difference.

Your last line is just a load of nonsense again by the way. Can we buy Bony off you please Huw? Yes certainly, what position are you going to play him in though, because it will make a difference to how much we sell him to you for.

FFS, are you reading what you type before you post or what?

'You're only as good as your current form' that was an hour and a half ago.

I didn't suggest they would ask us which position they were going to play him in. I said they could have bought him for less than they paid for Bony to play in either position if they thought he was a better bet. Read it again. You are the one talking about oranges, saying wibble and comparing keepers to centre forwards here.

I think he is on another level because of what he achieved with us, that Gomis is yet to, again, I hope he does. I never said Bony was Messi and Gomis was a league two player, have you assumed that? The price tag and the club he now plays for just back my opinion up. Yes, that alone does not necessarily mean he is a better player, but on the whole, the best players play for the biggest clubs and cost the most money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024