Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? 09:28 - Aug 21 with 11964 viewsDarran

Yes or no?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 4942 viewsraynor94

NO! and I hope ours weren't

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:32 - Aug 21 with 4930 viewsDarran

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:30 - Aug 21 by raynor94

NO! and I hope ours weren't

No comment.

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:33 - Aug 21 with 4922 viewsCooperman

1 or 2 bottled beers with a meal at the very most, and in conjunction with an 11pm curfew.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:35 - Aug 21 with 4905 viewsphact0rri

They are people like us. So I don't see the problem unless they are getting plastered and can't sort themselves for the friday training.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:40 - Aug 21 with 4810 viewsWhiterockin

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:35 - Aug 21 by phact0rri

They are people like us. So I don't see the problem unless they are getting plastered and can't sort themselves for the friday training.

Football is not like that anymore. With modern medical/training techniques and constant monitoring , alcohol in the blood is definitely a no no.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:52 - Aug 21 with 4763 viewsKrisP

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:40 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

Football is not like that anymore. With modern medical/training techniques and constant monitoring , alcohol in the blood is definitely a no no.

If they've been allowed the odd beer up until now it doesn't appear to have affected performances. Obviously going down Wind Street and getting smashed would be a different matter.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:53 - Aug 21 with 4757 viewsjasper_T

Shouldn't be drinking at all during the season.

Unless it's some cup final champagne.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 10:42 - Aug 21 with 4620 viewsWhiterockin

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:52 - Aug 21 by KrisP

If they've been allowed the odd beer up until now it doesn't appear to have affected performances. Obviously going down Wind Street and getting smashed would be a different matter.

"If they've been allowed the odd beer up until now"

Purely an assumption on your part or a known fact.
Login to get fewer ads

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 11:19 - Aug 21 with 4478 viewsmonmouth

Nope. they are compensated more than adequately to be proper athletes, that means no alcohol in competition duration, which basically is the season for a footballer. Doesn't athletic research say that small amounts of alcohol inhibits peak performance for up to 72 hours?

Anyway, if you want to be the best you can be it's a no no on a Thursday before a Saturday game surely.

Although I suppose Cloughie made drinking mandatory before Florist won a European Cup final (Champions League for any whippersnappers), and they tell us amateurs that a guinness the night before a marathon can be helpful. Though not the morning before as I did once for a bet.

So basically, I don't know. What's it all about anyway Alfie?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 11:29 - Aug 21 with 4450 viewsBlasterJack

Oooh you tease.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 11:34 - Aug 21 with 4429 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 11:29 - Aug 21 by BlasterJack

Oooh you tease.

So what was the drink of choice ?
Beer🍺
Wine 🍷
Shandy 🍺
Vodka & coke
Coke
Lemonade 🍸
Vodka & lemonade 🍸
None of the above

Champagne

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 11:37 - Aug 21 with 4412 viewsItchySphincter

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:52 - Aug 21 by KrisP

There was no one down Wind St last night.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 11:40 - Aug 21 with 4396 viewsdgt73

They would be breaking the clubs rules if they were out drinking on a Thursday. I can't believe anyone who maybe in the squad on a Saturday would be out on a Thursday drinking. No chance.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 12:20 - Aug 21 with 4284 viewsFlashberryjack

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 11:37 - Aug 21 by ItchySphincter

There was no one down Wind St last night.

There was in Ystalyfera......the nightlife center of Wales see.
Old Swan or New Swan ?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 14:36]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 12:35 - Aug 21 with 4233 viewsunion_jack

Should two first team members (one an ever present) be eating fish and chips from Johnnies? I'm sure the dietician at the club wouldn't have prescribed that?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 12:54 - Aug 21 with 4157 viewsNeath_Jack

All aboard.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 13:09 - Aug 21 with 4119 viewsJonnyTheJack

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 09:40 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

Why's that then?

An odd beer or two here and there is fine. They shove boxes of krispy kreme down them after every game. There's high level athletes that have a beer after training and regularly too.

They're fine.
Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 13:11 - Aug 21 with 4111 viewsDarran

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 12:20 - Aug 21 by Flashberryjack

There was in Ystalyfera......the nightlife center of Wales see.
Old Swan or New Swan ?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 14:36]

Aptly named boozer though.

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 13:30 - Aug 21 with 4049 viewsMrSwerve

A glass of wine with a meal midweek will do absolutely nothing to their performance.

Going on the lash down wind St is a totally different (and wrong) situation.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 13:44 - Aug 21 with 3995 viewsUxbridge

How unlike Darren to start an unsubstantiated, attention-seeking post.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 14:13 - Aug 21 with 3907 viewsDarran

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 13:44 - Aug 21 by Uxbridge

How unlike Darren to start an unsubstantiated, attention-seeking post.

It's a simple question.

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 14:16 - Aug 21 with 3883 viewsperchrockjack

Harsh of ux.

Seemed fair question to me.

I'm right behind you bro

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 14:19 - Aug 21 with 3876 viewsItchySphincter

I met Garry Monk in Aspers the night we beat Cardiff under Sousa. I don't think he played that day iirc though. Thoroughly nice chap he was.

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? (n/t) on 14:23 - Aug 21 with 3862 viewsItchySphincter

Should players be out drinking on a Thursday before a Saturday game? on 14:27 - Aug 21 with 3846 viewssplJack

Any news on that Morriston hospital medical?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024