Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Grimes 23:45 - Aug 25 with 3699 viewsMarryGonk

What do you think? Thought he was very involved, made a few errors(that miss was poor) but showed great quality and took his goal well.

Scary to think he was a L2 player this time last year.

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Matty Grimes on 23:48 - Aug 25 with 3671 viewsBanosswan

Exeter only lost. 5-3 today, he could've been the difference.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Matty Grimes on 23:50 - Aug 25 with 3653 viewsairedale

I was a bit underwhelmed by him tonight, possibly because I expect so much from him.

I don't think that the level we played against helped, your own level tends to drop a bit imo.
Matty Grimes on 23:59 - Aug 25 with 3610 viewsMarryGonk

Matty Grimes on 23:50 - Aug 25 by airedale

I was a bit underwhelmed by him tonight, possibly because I expect so much from him.

I don't think that the level we played against helped, your own level tends to drop a bit imo.

That's fair enough, its the first time I've seen him properly other than the pre season games on a stream.

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Matty Grimes on 00:20 - Aug 26 with 3526 viewsLeonisGod

I bet he'll be disappointed. But he'll only get better with time. He wasn't alone in not grabbing his opportunity though - Nath and Routs won't be causing Monk any selection headaches any time soon. Only Leon, Ki and JJS oozed class. Amat looked good on his comeback too. I like the look of Tabanou (he impressed me pre-season too) and Eder's an interesting player.

But tbf, with a complete changed side in a match like that it's probably hard to make an impression. We did enough and were in total control without going through the gears. It was professional.
Matty Grimes on 00:30 - Aug 26 with 3507 viewsjasper_T

He's got a long way to go still. Anyone expecting him to make waves with the first team this season is being unfair to him.
Matty Grimes on 14:22 - Aug 26 with 2988 viewskarnataka

I think it's more than just the level you're playing against. Put a decent player into a team where everyone else is match sharp, reading what you're doing, making runs and giving you options when you're on the ball, you're going to look ok. Put in a team where most of your colleagues are not match sharp and are not at that level so not reading your intentions, making the runs, giving you options, etc, you're always going to struggle to look as good as you can be. Given time, I think Grimes is one of those players who will look more at home in the first team than the second.
Matty Grimes on 17:41 - Aug 26 with 2851 viewsthomasJack

If he get more gametime he will be awesome

Poll: Next signing

Matty Grimes on 17:49 - Aug 26 with 2833 viewsOldjack

good second half not so good first half

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Matty Grimes on 18:33 - Aug 26 with 2761 viewsHidden_Hand

I bit disappointed to be honest, a few people who follow the U21s were hyping him up in the build up to the game and I just didn't see it myself.
Matty Grimes on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 2675 viewsPrivate_Partz

I felt the same though he improved a bit second half. Having said that I thought him and Routs were the poorest tonight although I recognise that both can play much better. I thought overall it was a decent performance although I felt we would have struggled at set piece s and corners if York had made more opportunities. Dyer was my MOM which will upset MD10 ;-) I know Marvellous Marvin is not popular here but he always makes things happen when he appears and I hope he gets an opportunity or two this year.
What pisses me off is our reward. An away trip to Ull. Could not have had a worse one IMHO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024