Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Douglas Rosser 10:57 - Aug 31 with 7847 viewsmaes

Does anyone remember Douglas Rosser used to play centre Half for the swans in the mid sixties alongside Mel nurse until he moved to Crewe. He's next to me now in bed in Morriston hospital. If anyone remembers him wish him well.
Douglas Rosser on 11:02 - Aug 31 with 7814 viewsexhmrc1

I blieve he was also player and a very successful manager of Merthyr. Get well soon
Douglas Rosser on 11:11 - Aug 31 with 7795 viewstomdickharry

Yes,remember Doug well especially on his visits to Ynys Park,Ton Pentre.Very,very good classy centre half,wish him all the best.
Douglas Rosser on 11:16 - Aug 31 with 7774 viewsgreengloves

Good player, even nicer man. Get well soon Doug!
Douglas Rosser on 11:22 - Aug 31 with 7741 viewsDarran

Get well soon Doug.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/past-players-q-t-861563.aspx

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Douglas Rosser on 12:09 - Aug 31 with 7685 viewsOptimisticJack

Excellent centre half was Doug Rosser He worked in Port Talbot steelworks with my dad when he had to make the difficult decision to give up a secure job to become a pro with the Swans for similar money
How times have changed. Get well soon Doug and you too Darran.

Optimisticjack

Douglas Rosser on 12:13 - Aug 31 with 7676 viewsDarran

Douglas Rosser on 12:09 - Aug 31 by OptimisticJack

Excellent centre half was Doug Rosser He worked in Port Talbot steelworks with my dad when he had to make the difficult decision to give up a secure job to become a pro with the Swans for similar money
How times have changed. Get well soon Doug and you too Darran.

Thanks.

Douglas Rosser on 14:04 - Aug 31 with 7630 viewsFerryjack

Good centre half in the days when you were allowed to tackle, his father also worked in the boiler shop in the CES in British Steel when I was there. As somebody said a big decision to go to the Swans & leave a secured job the same decision Dai Davies another centre half made to go to the swans around the same time. Had some good nights with Doug after he finished playing when both our wife's worked for m & s & had some good parties. Wish him a speedy recovery from Briton Ferry.
Douglas Rosser on 16:51 - Aug 31 with 7539 viewsmaes

He's been next to me in hospital for last two days, telling me some great stories back when football wasn't all about money. He was offered to go to another professional club after Crewe but couldn't resist when John Charles who was Methyr manager wanted him as captain. I don't blame him, it must have been some experience to work alongside John Charles...he's been entertaining me with some great stories whie I wait for my op 😀
Login to get fewer ads

Douglas Rosser on 16:58 - Aug 31 with 7523 viewsHighjack

"He's next to me now in bed in Morriston hospital"

Get well soon.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Douglas Rosser on 18:46 - Aug 31 with 7465 viewsPrivate_Partz

Douglas Rosser on 16:51 - Aug 31 by maes

He's been next to me in hospital for last two days, telling me some great stories back when football wasn't all about money. He was offered to go to another professional club after Crewe but couldn't resist when John Charles who was Methyr manager wanted him as captain. I don't blame him, it must have been some experience to work alongside John Charles...he's been entertaining me with some great stories whie I wait for my op 😀

Tell him all the Jacks that used to watch him remember him and wish him all the best. I recall a bloody tough player who used to get stuck in. Unlike today when the odds were stacked against us. Get well both.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Douglas Rosser on 19:04 - Aug 31 with 7443 viewstomdickharry

Douglas Rosser on 16:51 - Aug 31 by maes

Ask him how he enjoyed his visits to Ynys Park.
Douglas Rosser (n/t) on 19:07 - Aug 31 with 7437 viewsexhmrc1

DOUG ROSSER
Young defender Doug Rosser featured in Swansea's 1969-70 promotion campaign. Locally born, he turned professional at the Vetch Field in May 1967 and was given his League debut in Swansea's 2-2 draw at Peterborough United in March 1969. He played against eventual winners Spurs in the 1970-71 League Cup second round and scored once in 29 League games for Swansea prior to joining Crewe Alexandra in August 1971. Moving to Merthyr Tydfil in July 1972, he was their captain, then manager during ten years at Penydarren Park, then played for Haverfordwest.

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/past-players-q-t-861563.aspx#txgDfgQ368A
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 19:08]
Douglas Rosser on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 7336 viewsdobjack2

If you are still next to him let him know that the lads who sit in front of him at the liberty send him their best wishes.
Douglas Rosser on 23:05 - Aug 31 with 7305 viewsSwanseajill

Douglas Rosser on 22:11 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

If you are still next to him let him know that the lads who sit in front of him at the liberty send him their best wishes.

insurance salesman when I first knew him, and he lived in Sketty not far from us. Always had plenty of chat those days, seems he's not changed much. Get well Doug, wishing you all the best.

Lorraine x
Douglas Rosser on 00:03 - Sep 1 with 7283 viewsraynor94

Douglas Rosser on 14:04 - Aug 31 by Ferryjack

Good centre half in the days when you were allowed to tackle, his father also worked in the boiler shop in the CES in British Steel when I was there. As somebody said a big decision to go to the Swans & leave a secured job the same decision Dai Davies another centre half made to go to the swans around the same time. Had some good nights with Doug after he finished playing when both our wife's worked for m & s & had some good parties. Wish him a speedy recovery from Briton Ferry.

Who are you ferry? I worked in the boilershop for forty years, my father and Doug's father were mates for over fifty years

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Douglas Rosser on 11:14 - Sep 1 with 7221 viewsmaes

Doug is very grateful for all the kind words he's feeling a lot better today, with is sciatica after a fall of a ladder. He'd never heard of planet Swans and is surprised and its cheered him up he's still remembered, especially after listening to the game the other day on the radio, I dunt know wat day it is myself lol they've pumped me full of morphine 😃
Douglas Rosser on 12:32 - Sep 1 with 7173 viewsFerryjack

Raynor used to work in the machine shop on the borers same shift as Chris Oates, then went to the hot mill roll shop, retired in 2013
Douglas Rosser on 12:35 - Sep 1 with 7170 viewsDarran

Douglas Rosser on 12:32 - Sep 1 by Ferryjack

Raynor used to work in the machine shop on the borers same shift as Chris Oates, then went to the hot mill roll shop, retired in 2013

lol

Douglas Rosser on 12:37 - Sep 1 with 7168 viewsDarran

Douglas Rosser on 11:14 - Sep 1 by maes

Doug is very grateful for all the kind words he's feeling a lot better today, with is sciatica after a fall of a ladder. He'd never heard of planet Swans and is surprised and its cheered him up he's still remembered, especially after listening to the game the other day on the radio, I dunt know wat day it is myself lol they've pumped me full of morphine 😃

So he's never heard of me? Pathetic.

Douglas Rosser on 13:36 - Sep 1 with 7133 viewsraynor94

Douglas Rosser on 12:32 - Sep 1 by Ferryjack

I'm that very man

Douglas Rosser on 14:24 - Sep 1 with 7103 viewsFerryjack

I thought it might be you when you said you dad & dougs were mates. Enjoyed Sunday Chris
Douglas Rosser on 15:07 - Sep 1 with 7084 viewsraynor94

Douglas Rosser on 14:24 - Sep 1 by Ferryjack

I thought it might be you when you said you dad & dougs were mates. Enjoyed Sunday Chris

I'm in America on hols, gutted I missed it

Douglas Rosser on 15:21 - Sep 1 with 7070 viewsFerryjack

Just got back from the states had 26 days out there drove 4032 miles brilliant
Douglas Rosser on 15:53 - Sep 1 with 7053 viewsraynor94

Douglas Rosser on 15:21 - Sep 1 by Ferryjack

On a trip from New York to Miami, four days in, outstanding

Douglas Rosser on 19:13 - Sep 1 with 7001 viewsMuteswan

Douglas Rosser on 15:21 - Sep 1 by Ferryjack

Obviously too much money Jeff. ( from another former Forest player who might have been there the night you met the wonderful Angela).
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 19:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024