Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City 21:35 - Sep 22 with 2183 viewsJackofdreambeach

sad to see us tumble so meekly since winning this.

Granted, we were worse than poor in terms of chasing honours pre-2013.

But we've gone out quite tamely since.

Let's have a reaction at Southampton. Feel sorry for those fans who made the trek up to Humberside.

Needed Montero's width.
League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 21:38 - Sep 22 with 2148 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To be fair we've no one to blame but ourselves regarding the result. We must have had 8 solid nailed on chances in the first half alone......................
Still, on the positive side the reserves put in a very good performance so it's not all doom and gloom

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 21:42 - Sep 22 with 2104 viewstylagarwjack

It sounds like Montero was about to come on but Tabanou getting injured meant Naughton came on instead. In a game where we were crying out for width and Hull weren't a huge threat I wonder why Monk didn't gamble with 3 at the back.

Not a great night all round really, it was always going to be tough up there with a second string, and 3 games without a goal is poor. Nothing much positive to say really.
League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 21:42 - Sep 22 with 2104 viewshammy

Listening on the radio it sounded like Gylfi and Routledge squandered good chances and both seem to continue to show poor form. It also sounded as if Ki was making a lot of mistakes. After an encouraging start to the season we seem to have lost our way a bit (i.e., no goals in 3 games). Garry needs to make a few changes to the first team for Saturday I think, probably replacing Gylfi, which might mean a change to the system.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 21:50 - Sep 22 with 2042 viewsOldjack

League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 21:38 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

To be fair we've no one to blame but ourselves regarding the result. We must have had 8 solid nailed on chances in the first half alone......................
Still, on the positive side the reserves put in a very good performance so it's not all doom and gloom

Our reserves v their reserves , We lose, this is not good ,as we are paid a lot more that theirs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 08:46 - Sep 23 with 1877 viewsPegojack

League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 21:42 - Sep 22 by tylagarwjack

It sounds like Montero was about to come on but Tabanou getting injured meant Naughton came on instead. In a game where we were crying out for width and Hull weren't a huge threat I wonder why Monk didn't gamble with 3 at the back.

Not a great night all round really, it was always going to be tough up there with a second string, and 3 games without a goal is poor. Nothing much positive to say really.

This.
I'd rather lose 2-0 or 3-0 having a go with Montero on the pitch and three at the back, than lose frustratingly 1-0 with a toothless attack.
League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 09:21 - Sep 23 with 1851 viewsJackSomething

League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 21:38 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

This. We don't create enough chances to be so profligate in front of goal. Plenty of shooting practice this week I hope. Basically all the pressure is on Ayew and Gomis to score at the moment, the others have to start doing better.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 09:28 - Sep 23 with 1844 viewsJackFish

League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 08:46 - Sep 23 by Pegojack

This.
I'd rather lose 2-0 or 3-0 having a go with Montero on the pitch and three at the back, than lose frustratingly 1-0 with a toothless attack.

Yeah, when the radio said that Tabanou was injured I was hoping we'd just bring Montero on for him and go for it, not much point in being conservative when we were already losing and 15 minutes to go.
League Cup winners 2013 Swansea City on 11:16 - Sep 23 with 1794 viewsjack247

Nobody really takes the League Cup seriously at this stage. It is a great chance to give your fringe players a bit of game time and that is exactly what most clubs do.

Teams that do manage to cobble their way through the first few rounds invariably start to play stronger line ups the further they get in the competition. It would be great to win it again, but going out now doesn't bother me at all. If we had lost a quarter or semi final it would be a different story.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024