Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five Gays burger place 18:21 - Oct 26 with 8750 viewsJackfath

Has it opened yet?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2015 14:24]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Five Gays burger place on 19:07 - Oct 29 with 889 viewslondonlisa2001

Five Gays burger place on 18:28 - Oct 29 by Thursday

You couldn't really recommend it, but it's not the worst place for a vegetarian to try. Veggie sandwich, cheese sandwich, free peanuts, and fries made from locally-sourced potatoes and cooked in peanut oil. Take a vegan along with you so they can go back later on their own and get a bacon burger.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2015 18:29]

It's not far off being the worst place for a vegetarian to try to be fair.

There are many burger places which do veggie burgers - they are just lazy in not bothering. Their veggie sandwich is just any of the free toppings put in a bun (which they can't guarantee is not cooked on the same grill as the meat).

I have no idea, but wonder whether vegetarianism is as big in the States as it is here (maybe not outside California / New York)?

The potatoes are not particularly local in the UK either by the way - they are UK grown though but the meat (factory farmed) is from Ireland.

Better off going to Nandos if you want fast food type stuff - much better quality ingredients and healthier as well (plus much better for veggies).
Five Gays burger place on 19:09 - Oct 29 with 879 viewsJackfath

What happens if a restaurant advertise a food product as being vege, but it has clearly been cooked on the same grill as a meat product as the juices can be tasted on the vege product?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Five Gays burger place on 19:10 - Oct 29 with 876 viewsexiledclaseboy

Five Gays burger place on 19:09 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

What happens if a restaurant advertise a food product as being vege, but it has clearly been cooked on the same grill as a meat product as the juices can be tasted on the vege product?

Report them.

Poll: Tory leader

Five Gays burger place on 19:11 - Oct 29 with 875 viewsThursday

Five Gays burger place on 19:07 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

It's not far off being the worst place for a vegetarian to try to be fair.

There are many burger places which do veggie burgers - they are just lazy in not bothering. Their veggie sandwich is just any of the free toppings put in a bun (which they can't guarantee is not cooked on the same grill as the meat).

I have no idea, but wonder whether vegetarianism is as big in the States as it is here (maybe not outside California / New York)?

The potatoes are not particularly local in the UK either by the way - they are UK grown though but the meat (factory farmed) is from Ireland.

Better off going to Nandos if you want fast food type stuff - much better quality ingredients and healthier as well (plus much better for veggies).

Internet unreliably tells me that vegetarianism in the UK is about five times as popular as the US.

I think Groo may be in the US? Canada? Or maybe back in the UK. Could be okay for him depending on where he is.

Doesn't sound a great place in the UK, especially at double the price.
Five Gays burger place on 19:11 - Oct 29 with 875 viewsJackfath

Five Gays burger place on 19:10 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Report them.

To whom?

Five Gays burger place on 19:13 - Oct 29 with 874 viewsexiledclaseboy

Five Gays burger place on 19:11 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

To whom?

Trading Standards? Local authority?

Five Gays burger place on 19:14 - Oct 29 with 870 viewsJackfath

Five Gays burger place on 19:13 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Trading Standards? Local authority?

I quite enjoyed it as it happens. Grilled Haloumi. In Wetherspoons. It's a new line they do.

Five Gays burger place on 19:15 - Oct 29 with 868 viewsThursday

It'll taste better for one. Nothing'll happen though unless you ask for no contamination up front.
Login to get fewer ads

Five Gays burger place on 19:16 - Oct 29 with 864 viewsexiledclaseboy

Five Gays burger place on 19:14 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

I quite enjoyed it as it happens. Grilled Haloumi. In Wetherspoons. It's a new line they do.

Are you vegetarian?

Five Gays burger place on 19:17 - Oct 29 with 860 viewsJackfath

Five Gays burger place on 19:16 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Are you vegetarian?

No why?

Five Gays burger place on 19:17 - Oct 29 with 858 viewsexiledclaseboy

Five Gays burger place on 19:17 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

No why?

Just asking mun.

Five Gays burger place on 19:19 - Oct 29 with 853 viewsJackfath

Five Gays burger place on 19:17 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Just asking mun.

Are you?

Five Gays burger place on 19:20 - Oct 29 with 847 viewsexiledclaseboy

Five Gays burger place on 19:19 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

Are you?

Nope. Never even considered it

Five Gays burger place on 19:22 - Oct 29 with 837 viewsJackfath

Five Gays burger place on 19:20 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Nope. Never even considered it

Nor me. I like sausages too much.

Five Gays burger place on 19:33 - Oct 29 with 818 viewswaynekerr55

Five Gays burger place on 19:22 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

Nor me. I like sausages too much.

Whenever you're up this way watching the swans you have to try this place
http://www.regencyclub.co.uk/

Both carnivores and veggies are well catered for

Garlic mogo (cassava) wedges are out of this world, as are the chicken wings and the mushkhaki lamb 👌👌👌👌

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Five Gays burger place on 19:34 - Oct 29 with 815 viewsJackfath

Five Gays burger place on 19:33 - Oct 29 by waynekerr55

Whenever you're up this way watching the swans you have to try this place
http://www.regencyclub.co.uk/

Both carnivores and veggies are well catered for

Garlic mogo (cassava) wedges are out of this world, as are the chicken wings and the mushkhaki lamb 👌👌👌👌

We could turn it into a DATE

Five Gays burger place on 19:40 - Oct 29 with 804 viewswaynekerr55

Five Gays burger place on 19:34 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

We could turn it into a DATE

In sure the respective parents of our wee kids wouldn't be best PLEASED.

how about a 6 way, perch, Warwick.clasie and PROSS?😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Five Gays burger place on 19:42 - Oct 29 with 802 viewslondonlisa2001

Five Gays burger place on 19:11 - Oct 29 by Thursday

Internet unreliably tells me that vegetarianism in the UK is about five times as popular as the US.

I think Groo may be in the US? Canada? Or maybe back in the UK. Could be okay for him depending on where he is.

Doesn't sound a great place in the UK, especially at double the price.

That makes sense. It always seems as though the US imports (such as 5 guys) don't cater for veggies in the same way as the UK equivalents (eg. Leon) do.

These places are the triumph of marketing over substance to be honest (I don't mean specifically 5 guys).

And they're right that they are better quality than McDonalds, but to frank, eating out of a bin would stand a pretty good chance of being better quality than them.

Still, they're very successful so can't knock them. Everyone can make their own choices.
Five Gays burger place on 20:10 - Oct 29 with 772 viewsGroo

I live in Canada and vegetarians is definitely a very small minority. Only went to MacDonald's once and found no veggie options other than salad.

In the supermarkets vegetarian options are usually stuffed in the health food section, individually wrapped (so no multi boxed options) and contains wholewheat and/or goats cheese (neither of which I like).

Groo does what Groo does best

Five Gays burger place on 20:12 - Oct 29 with 771 viewslondonlisa2001

If they list ingredients that look veggie and don't specifically say that it is, then nothing.

If they label it as veggie (by using a 'v' on the menu for example) then they can be prosecuted by trading standards if you report it (your local officer can be contacted through the local authority).

They take it pretty seriously actually - particularly when there are allergens involved (for example if something is labelled as gluten free or dairy free) as people can be very seriously affected.

First time report - they will probably warn them and they'll have to demonstrate that they've put in processes that won't allow it again. Repeat offences and they'll be fined or even shut down.
Five Gays burger place on 20:14 - Oct 29 with 754 viewsJackfath

Five Gays burger place on 20:12 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

If they list ingredients that look veggie and don't specifically say that it is, then nothing.

If they label it as veggie (by using a 'v' on the menu for example) then they can be prosecuted by trading standards if you report it (your local officer can be contacted through the local authority).

They take it pretty seriously actually - particularly when there are allergens involved (for example if something is labelled as gluten free or dairy free) as people can be very seriously affected.

First time report - they will probably warn them and they'll have to demonstrate that they've put in processes that won't allow it again. Repeat offences and they'll be fined or even shut down.

There was a "v" on the menu.

Five Gays burger place on 20:30 - Oct 29 with 729 viewslondonlisa2001

Five Gays burger place on 20:14 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

There was a "v" on the menu.

Then report them.

You should say something at the time as well really - I mean, you don't have to by law or anything, but it's probably a good idea to ask them to explain (and it may make them realise they're doing something wrong as well). It also makes it easier to report, because the issue is that you may say - it was obviously cooked with meat and they'll say it wasn't. Without proof it can be difficult, whereas if you say at the time, they may admit it as they'll be less guarded at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024