Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New striker 11:09 - Nov 1 with 15534 viewsBenJ94

Desperately needed in January! I know we'd probably not be saying this had gomis taken around the keeper and scored, but he's clearly not good enough, surely we've got the money to go out and buy a 20mil striker who's guarenteed to get you goals?
New striker on 09:28 - Nov 2 with 2177 viewsdameedna

One on one in the premiership only 3 out of 10
The one Saturday was an easier one on one
Shelves pass was not average
New striker on 09:29 - Nov 2 with 2177 viewsjasper_T

New striker on 17:29 - Nov 1 by jruss1

It would help if he had viable competition. Monk spent 5 million on a striker he doesn't seem to rate at all. Gomis knows he will play every week and won't be subbed until the dying moments of a game either, usually when it's either won or lost already. His performances in the last few weeks have been shocking but no sign of him being left out.

I can't imagine how bad Eder must be in training that he can't get more than a couple of minutes to stretch his legs atm.

All that talk in the summer about how good our long-term scouting system is sounds pretty funny now. Seem to have bought two square pegs for the best part of £10m.
New striker on 09:48 - Nov 2 with 2160 viewsSS2013

New striker on 11:18 - Nov 1 by owainglyndwr

I think we need a decent striker which will cost, creative Midfielder, centre back and a right back.

Striker yes, don't need a RB or CM though we have plenty

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

New striker on 10:08 - Nov 2 with 2134 viewsMillie

The tank is empty so unless we sell first there won't be anyone coming in
New striker on 11:50 - Nov 2 with 2087 viewsAquinas

How people can defend Gomis is beyond me.

If we want to progress in this division and genuinely target the top half every season we have to buy a decent striker. Compare Gomis to the main striker of the teams i believe we should be competing against...

Leicester - Vardy

Everton - Lukaku

Southampton - Pelle/Mane

Spurs - Kane

Odion Ighalo has already matched Gomis's highest goals tally in the PL with SEVEN and we aren't even half way through the season.
New striker on 18:37 - Nov 2 with 2019 viewsicecoldjack

I'm not one for bashing bafa but what a few here are not perhaps failing to pick up on is the fact back in August our fitness levels were stronger than other teams, notably Chelsea and man utd .

Bafa will score but he needs a solid supply line which he isn't getting at the moment.
New striker on 19:05 - Nov 2 with 1994 viewsjack_the_lad

I know Baffe should have scored in that "one on one", however it should be noted that he was brought down and should have had a pen, apart from the Mertasker handball, and the foul on Fab for their second, some bad ref decisions on Saturday cost us dearly. I'm hoping once Gomis hit the net his confidence will return and we will all be thinking how did we doubt him?
New striker on 19:19 - Nov 2 with 1985 viewsOldjack

New striker on 09:07 - Nov 2 by oldcob

One on one with the keeper if you take the ball up to him is not as easy as it looks. The keeper will win seven times out of ten. Gomis knows that every keeper and striker does. Odds even less versus a keeper as rangey a Cech. That's what baffles me as to why he didn't hit it earlier.

He was too slow and hesitant and the defender caught him up to clear the ball away also his ball control has become atrocious ,fuf knows why

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

New striker on 19:23 - Nov 2 with 1978 viewsjack_the_lad

New striker on 19:19 - Nov 2 by Oldjack

He was too slow and hesitant and the defender caught him up to clear the ball away also his ball control has become atrocious ,fuf knows why

Its obvious Baffe's confidence is shot, all he needs is a couple of goals and he'll be back on song even the best goalscorers have lean spells. I'm sure Baffe will be back.
New striker on 20:33 - Nov 2 with 1946 viewsjasper_T

New striker on 18:37 - Nov 2 by icecoldjack

I'm not one for bashing bafa but what a few here are not perhaps failing to pick up on is the fact back in August our fitness levels were stronger than other teams, notably Chelsea and man utd .

Bafa will score but he needs a solid supply line which he isn't getting at the moment.

What? Willian and Hazard were making 60 yard sprints in the last ten minutes when our entire midfield was dead on its feet. Jose was right to go mental at his physios, that treatment break was a godsend for us.

They're on some strong "supplements" down there, mind.
New striker on 20:40 - Nov 2 with 1942 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 19:23 - Nov 2 by jack_the_lad

Its obvious Baffe's confidence is shot, all he needs is a couple of goals and he'll be back on song even the best goalscorers have lean spells. I'm sure Baffe will be back.

How long are you prepared to wait?
New striker on 20:52 - Nov 2 with 1922 viewsfbreath

For one on one with keeper composure see lukakus goal yesteday

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

New striker on 23:09 - Nov 2 with 1872 viewsMillie

The tank is still empty, so where do we get the striker and on what?
New striker on 23:45 - Nov 2 with 1851 viewsGriffting

Remember last year pelle scored 6 goals in his first 8 matches and then went 3 months (14 prem matches) without a goal last season. Now he's banging them in. Difference is they had mane, Elia and tadic filling the void when his form went missing. We don't seem to have that at the mo (bar Ayew) or a suitable replacement while Gomis is out of form.
New striker on 00:01 - Nov 3 with 1841 viewsKingBony

New striker on 11:50 - Nov 2 by Aquinas

How people can defend Gomis is beyond me.

If we want to progress in this division and genuinely target the top half every season we have to buy a decent striker. Compare Gomis to the main striker of the teams i believe we should be competing against...

Leicester - Vardy

Everton - Lukaku

Southampton - Pelle/Mane

Spurs - Kane

Odion Ighalo has already matched Gomis's highest goals tally in the PL with SEVEN and we aren't even half way through the season.

You think we should be competing with Spurs / Everton - there's part of your problem there 😉

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

New striker on 04:02 - Nov 3 with 1699 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New striker on 23:45 - Nov 2 by Griffting

Remember last year pelle scored 6 goals in his first 8 matches and then went 3 months (14 prem matches) without a goal last season. Now he's banging them in. Difference is they had mane, Elia and tadic filling the void when his form went missing. We don't seem to have that at the mo (bar Ayew) or a suitable replacement while Gomis is out of form.

Indeed ,
However,

Bafe isn't even doing the basics and if your centre forward isn't doing that your going to struggle.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New striker on 07:18 - Nov 3 with 1660 viewsPhil_S

Bafe Bashing is becoming closer to the national sport of Wales, must be because the world cup is over in rugby

A striker who is out of form and people believe Danny Graham is better, you couldn't make it up, you really couldn't

Incidentally, Ayew's game was weaker than Gomis' one on Saturday
New striker on 08:26 - Nov 3 with 1633 viewsBorojack

New striker on 00:01 - Nov 3 by KingBony

You think we should be competing with Spurs / Everton - there's part of your problem there 😉

Gomis is a quality player who is out of form and low on confidence.
He was the best thing since sliced bread until recently.
If he doesnt score at Narwich I recomend a stint in the stocks.
And some of the new breed can throw some veg at him.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

New striker on 09:56 - Nov 3 with 1582 viewsLeonisGod

New striker on 07:18 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Bafe Bashing is becoming closer to the national sport of Wales, must be because the world cup is over in rugby

A striker who is out of form and people believe Danny Graham is better, you couldn't make it up, you really couldn't

Indeed. Danny Graham ffs! When it's bleedin obvious that the answer to our goal scoring problem is Rory Fallon
New striker on 11:01 - Nov 3 with 1551 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New striker on 07:18 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

It's a concern Phil

And quite rightly so

Ayew worse than gomis on Ssturday I'd beg to differ .

New striker on 11:11 - Nov 3 with 1537 viewsJohnw102

Cheeky bid for Callum Wilson in January?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

New striker on 11:30 - Nov 3 with 1517 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 11:01 - Nov 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's a concern Phil

And quite rightly so

Ayew worse than gomis on Ssturday I'd beg to differ .

As you are perfectly entitled to do. Ayew goes missing often in games (he is not alone) but he doesn't get criticised

Gomis lack of confidence is a concern but he is made out to be our sole problem and that really isn't true or fair on the player

He will continue to score goals this season when he gets his confidence back - there isn't a striker around that doesn't have a dip in goalscoring, his has been magnified because people love to hate him and we aren't scoring goals from anywhere else in the team which we were last season
New striker on 11:59 - Nov 3 with 1487 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New striker on 11:30 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

As you are perfectly entitled to do. Ayew goes missing often in games (he is not alone) but he doesn't get criticised

Gomis lack of confidence is a concern but he is made out to be our sole problem and that really isn't true or fair on the player

He will continue to score goals this season when he gets his confidence back - there isn't a striker around that doesn't have a dip in goalscoring, his has been magnified because people love to hate him and we aren't scoring goals from anywhere else in the team which we were last season

Indeed

I wouldn't be overly concerned at all if he wasn't scoring and playing have decent.
But it's plain for all to see , it's what everyone is talking about.
It's his basic game play which has been dreadful for a few months now , to enable to play well you need a centre forward to be playing half decent , to hold the ball up , play people in ,close defenders down ,that's the basics .
I was watching Ashleigh Williams on Saturday for a bit ,he's not very happy with our Bafe at all .

How long do we wait for him to get back to basics .

New striker on 12:08 - Nov 3 with 1478 viewsJoe_bradshaw

New striker on 11:30 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

We were discussing Ayew in the bus on the way back from Villa. He'd just scored another priceless goal and it seemed stupid on the face of it to ask what he was contributing apart from his goals. There's no doubt that he has no positional discipline whatsoever but that very thing means that he's popping up in the right place at the right time.

Overall though, do his positives (goalscoring) outweigh his negatives (lack of positional discipline unbalancing the team)?

If Ayew's goals dry up Monk will have a difficult decision to make.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New striker on 12:13 - Nov 3 with 1471 viewsSgorioFruit

If he is scared to hit the ball in a one on one with the keeper against Norwich on Saturday just like he was last Saturday then it is time to get rid i think.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024