Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team against bournemouth 16:21 - Nov 8 with 4636 viewsxmastree

just get back to what we know. Montero is a luxury we can't afford and Adew unbalances us

Fab.
Rangel. Fernandez. Ash. Taylor
Cork or Leon. Ki
Emnes or barrow. Siggy. Routledge
Gomis
Team against bournemouth on 16:34 - Nov 8 with 3794 viewsshandyjack

need to see who plays what in the international break first

Poll: Expectation for the season

Team against bournemouth on 16:47 - Nov 8 with 3766 viewskarnataka

I'm with you up to a point. Montero has been patchy but teams are able to double up on him because there's nobody on our wide right to mark so if we are going with 2 wide players, I'd keep him in because he's still capable of frightening a fullback one-on-one. Barrow is a long way from being a starting option but is ok as an impact sub.

............................Fabianski
Naughton -- Fernandez -- Williams -- Taylor
..............................Britton
.........Routledge ---- Ki ---- Montero
.........................Sigurdsson
............................Gomis
Team against bournemouth on 17:55 - Nov 8 with 3675 viewsAl_Bundy

What is this fascination of Routledge !!??!! He was extremely poor last season and should not be in the side yet posters on here think he should be back in and improve what we have.

He's not ! far from it
Team against bournemouth on 18:11 - Nov 8 with 3647 viewsmidswan

Team against bournemouth on 17:55 - Nov 8 by Al_Bundy

What is this fascination of Routledge !!??!! He was extremely poor last season and should not be in the side yet posters on here think he should be back in and improve what we have.

He's not ! far from it

No fascination, just a simple change whereby Ayew has A- been poor lately and B- is a square peg in a round hole. Routledge played well enough yesterday ,last year is irrelevant today.NB: For me he can replace Ayew or Montero at the moment.
Team against bournemouth on 18:18 - Nov 8 with 3621 viewsPrivate_Partz

Corky or Leon must start. Bournemouth are going to play a similar game so we must get control of midfield. Gomis or Eder up front Siggy or Ayew behind. Balance is important and Gary must not be afraid to bench players to achieve this.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Team against bournemouth on 18:24 - Nov 8 with 3603 viewsxmastree

Team against bournemouth on 17:55 - Nov 8 by Al_Bundy

He's not ! far from it

Its pretty simple.

1. He offers some defensive help to the full back
2. He is a clever footballer and makes runs, angles etc.
3. He isnt a one trick pony who knows nothing else than to try and find the byline.
4. He contributes more than 5 minutes to every game which is something montero doesnt.

Montero is a luxury we cant afford at the moment
.Routledge is rubbish on the right so lets not put him there and montero on the left . that would be a big mistake
Team against bournemouth on 18:35 - Nov 8 with 3576 viewsjohnlangy

Team against bournemouth on 18:24 - Nov 8 by xmastree

Its pretty simple.

3. He isnt a one trick pony who knows nothing else than to try and find the byline.
4. He contributes more than 5 minutes to every game which is something montero doesnt.

.Routledge is rubbish on the right so lets not put him there and montero on the left . that would be a big mistake

I would start with Leon. I'd also give Fede a break and start Bartley. Fede has been the target to be bullied at set pieces and it's worked. Bartley isn't as good a footballer but he's much better physically. He'd also be a big asset when we've got set pieces.
Team against bournemouth on 19:42 - Nov 8 with 3514 viewsAl_Bundy

Team against bournemouth on 18:24 - Nov 8 by xmastree

Its pretty simple.

Defensively i agree although he doesn't always track back

He does make decent runs however his indifferent first touch and his confidence to make a simple pass seems to desert him.

Not a one trick pony but does drift out and hide during matches

I wait to see how he gets on v Bournemouth. Although i would play Montero with Bournemouths defence looking vulnerable and fairly slow.
Login to get fewer ads

Team against bournemouth on 19:48 - Nov 8 with 3491 viewsOldjack

There's nowt wrong with the team we started yesterday ,just need to move that ball and players a lot faster, fuk it's not rocket science

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Team against bournemouth on 19:49 - Nov 8 with 3488 viewsFlashberryjack

His name is Ayew......

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Team against bournemouth on 19:57 - Nov 8 with 3468 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fab
AR AW FF NT

LB
JM. JJS. GS. WR

AA

Play Montero on the right with Rangel supporting .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Team against bournemouth on 23:20 - Nov 8 with 3357 viewsjasper_T

Team against bournemouth on 19:48 - Nov 8 by Oldjack

There's nowt wrong with the team we started yesterday ,just need to move that ball and players a lot faster, fuk it's not rocket science

Keep trying the same thing and expect different results. There's a word for that.
Team against bournemouth on 23:42 - Nov 8 with 3323 viewsjacabertawe

My team? Can we have Leicester, please? Or any team that plays the lovely attacking football we are supposed to play.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Team against bournemouth on 00:25 - Nov 9 with 3282 viewsjasper_T

Fabianski
Naughton, Amat, Williams, Taylor
Cork, Gylfi, Ki
Routledge, Eder, Montero/Ayew

Tabanou & Emnes on the bench.
Team against bournemouth on 00:28 - Nov 9 with 3281 viewsSwansNZ

If I was a betting man, I would probably bet on…

Fabianski
Naughton Fernandez Ash Taylor
Ki Jonjo
Ayew Gylfi Montero
Gomis

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Team against bournemouth on 04:23 - Nov 9 with 3219 viewsdameedna

Fabinski

Naughton. Williams. Fernández just. Taylor.

Cork./Leon.

Siggy. Ki. Shelvey. Routs.

AYEW.

Give Gomis and Montero a rest and bring Emnes and Grimes onto the bench.
Team against bournemouth on 16:04 - Nov 9 with 2969 viewskarnataka

Team against bournemouth on 04:23 - Nov 9 by dameedna

Fabinski

Naughton. Williams. Fernández just. Taylor.

Cork./Leon.

Siggy. Ki. Shelvey. Routs.

AYEW.

Give Gomis and Montero a rest and bring Emnes and Grimes onto the bench.

But isn't that just as unbalanced as the current setup? That's been a big part of the current problem.
Team against bournemouth on 16:31 - Nov 9 with 2933 viewsjasper_T

Bring back the death sentence for people who try to play Gylfi on the wing imho.
Team against bournemouth on 16:48 - Nov 9 with 2922 viewslondonlisa2001

I quite like him as it happens, but what exactly has happened to our much vaunted squad strength if picking Emnes as a starter is the answer to any question with a fully fit squad?

And perhaps we should have thought if Ayew unbalances us or how to play him in our team before making him such a highly paid player?

I can't help but wonder if we capitalised on a player wanting to come to us that we hadn't ever really considered as available (as we assumed that he would go to a 'big' team) and took advantage of an opportunity without really considering the team as a whole?
Team against bournemouth on 00:31 - Nov 10 with 2777 viewsdameedna

Team against bournemouth on 16:04 - Nov 9 by karnataka

But isn't that just as unbalanced as the current setup? That's been a big part of the current problem.

Not meant to be set out as shown
It is 4 1 4 1
A holding midfielder of Cork behind Ki and Shelvey with Ki being box to box and Shelvey taking am
Siggy and Routs on the wings
Andre up front
Don't like Ki and Shelvey sitting deep together which is pedestrian
Team against bournemouth on 00:34 - Nov 10 with 2771 viewsSwansNZ

Team against bournemouth on 00:31 - Nov 10 by dameedna

Not meant to be set out as shown
It is 4 1 4 1
A holding midfielder of Cork behind Ki and Shelvey with Ki being box to box and Shelvey taking am
Siggy and Routs on the wings
Andre up front
Don't like Ki and Shelvey sitting deep together which is pedestrian

Gylfi is not a winger

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Team against bournemouth on 01:10 - Nov 10 with 2749 viewsBenJ94

Fabianski

Naughton
Amat/Bartley
Williams
Tabanou

Ki
Cork

Routledge
Siggy
Jeff

Ayew
Team against bournemouth on 02:03 - Nov 10 with 2723 viewsJackFish

Fab

KN
AW
FF
FT

LB
JS

AA
GS
JM

Eder

It's a difficult one because Ayew unbalances the team, but you can't really leave him out as nobody else is scoring at the moment. Would be tempted to try him up front but not sure it's his best position, and Eder definitely deserves a chance given Gomis' recent performances.
Team against bournemouth on 08:40 - Nov 10 with 2616 viewsmidswan

Team against bournemouth on 16:48 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

I quite like him as it happens, but what exactly has happened to our much vaunted squad strength if picking Emnes as a starter is the answer to any question with a fully fit squad?

And perhaps we should have thought if Ayew unbalances us or how to play him in our team before making him such a highly paid player?

I can't help but wonder if we capitalised on a player wanting to come to us that we hadn't ever really considered as available (as we assumed that he would go to a 'big' team) and took advantage of an opportunity without really considering the team as a whole?

Absolutely this. I have the feeling he is being played/accomodated regardless of the rest of the team......he is undoubtedly a alented player but then you dont play an entire team of Messi's just because they are the 'best' players do you ?
Team against bournemouth on 10:18 - Nov 10 with 2536 viewsdameedna

Fab
Naughty wills fern tayls
Leon cork
Ki sigs shelves
Ay
[Post edited 10 Nov 2015 10:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024