Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch 21:35 - Nov 12 with 5950 viewsbonymine

Lee Trundle's spectacular strike against Yeovil and JJS v Villa ate two standout strikes at the Liberty since we've moved there from the Vetch.

But looking back I'm trying to think of any similar long distance goals at the Vetch?

I can remember Max Thompson volley against Arsenal in Div 1, Gary Stanley v Man City I think it was plus Leggy's goal but other than that even though I've watched the Swans since 1975 I can't remember any other real long distance strikes ??

Any others you can recall ??

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 21:38 - Nov 12 with 4112 viewsNeathJack

You've missed out the most important one.

Sir James Thomas v Hull.
Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 21:43 - Nov 12 with 4102 viewsDan_Swan

Didn't Kieron Durkan score something ridiculous in the cup?

Still following Dr's orders!

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 21:45 - Nov 12 with 4095 viewsSlugster664

Pratley against Forrest...

STID

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:06 - Nov 12 with 4052 viewsjack247

I think I remember Jonathan Coates curling one in from what looked like about halfway, but that may be rose tinted glasses. No idea who it was against, but it was a midweek winter game in swirling wind and rain.
Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:11 - Nov 12 with 4034 viewsbonymine

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 21:45 - Nov 12 by Slugster664

Pratley against Forrest...

At the Vetch mate !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:19 - Nov 12 with 4022 viewsTNT

George Smith against Hartlepool, 76 - 77 I think. Long range shot went in off the bar.

Brilliant!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:19 - Nov 12 with 4022 viewsmorningstar

? Max Thompsons was from the penalty spot! Match of the day goal of the season though!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:24 - Nov 12 with 4011 viewsBenJ94

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:06 - Nov 12 by jack247

I think I remember Jonathan Coates curling one in from what looked like about halfway, but that may be rose tinted glasses. No idea who it was against, but it was a midweek winter game in swirling wind and rain.

Was it not Kidderminster? Or am I thinking of the Kieran Durcan goal someone mentioned above?
Login to get fewer ads

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:26 - Nov 12 with 4007 viewsmorningstar

I remember Ian Callaghan scoring and absolute screamer against Charlton.

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:26 - Nov 12 with 4004 viewsNeathJack

Coates scored a screamer v Exeter in the game that got us promoted under Hollins.
Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:32 - Nov 12 with 3988 viewsjack247

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:24 - Nov 12 by BenJ94

Was it not Kidderminster? Or am I thinking of the Kieran Durcan goal someone mentioned above?

It could have been Kidderminster, I honestly have no recollection of the opposition. It was a league game though. Durkans was in the cup and it was a mazy run before a long range screamer. Paul Reid also smashed in a Van Basten type volley from way out wide in a 2-2 draw I think against Bury, first home game of the season.
Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:47 - Nov 12 with 3954 viewsGiff

How far out was Psycho against West Ham in the cup?
Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:50 - Nov 12 with 3951 viewsHighjack

Know it was against us but didn't lua lua score a volley from wide right, pretty much touch line into the top far corner?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 23:16 - Nov 12 with 3895 viewsloughor_jack

Think back to our promotion season in 1981. We had Bolton down the vetch and I think we won 3-0. One of Leighton James' goals was the longest distance shots I'd seen down there. We were playing towards the double decker. Leighton got hold of the ball in our half just in front of the dougout. He put his foot on it and just rolled it over the half way line. Then he smacked it. He'd been trying long range shots for a while but nothing like this. I still remember following the flight of the ball and the goalie diving. When it hit the top corner, it was still travelling. My second favourite goal ever. After leggies against Stoke.

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 23:18 - Nov 12 with 3891 viewsTNT

Colin Pascoe from a fair distance, with his back to goal, swivelled, shot and scored against Aston Villa around '82 - '83. Reminded me of the Justin Fashanu goal oft shown on TV over the years.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 23:23 - Nov 12 with 3870 viewsblobby2

Keith Todd scored from the centre circle after only 8 seconds against Barnsley. The only goal of the game and the quickest I've ever seen the Swans score.

on the north bank in 64 currently in 2 seats in the upper east and proudly supporting Wales ONLY premier league team. Prosser is a twonk!

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 23:56 - Nov 12 with 3831 viewsKilkennyjack

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 23:16 - Nov 12 by loughor_jack

Think back to our promotion season in 1981. We had Bolton down the vetch and I think we won 3-0. One of Leighton James' goals was the longest distance shots I'd seen down there. We were playing towards the double decker. Leighton got hold of the ball in our half just in front of the dougout. He put his foot on it and just rolled it over the half way line. Then he smacked it. He'd been trying long range shots for a while but nothing like this. I still remember following the flight of the ball and the goalie diving. When it hit the top corner, it was still travelling. My second favourite goal ever. After leggies against Stoke.

Hell of a goal from Leighton.

My vote : Gary Moore at the Vetch. Screamer.

Beware of the Risen People

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 00:00 - Nov 13 with 3825 viewsmorningstar

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 23:56 - Nov 12 by Kilkennyjack

Hell of a goal from Leighton.

My vote : Gary Moore at the Vetch. Screamer.

Against Huddersfield. Sh*t game sh*t player, but what a goal! 35 yards. Won 1-0

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 00:01 - Nov 13 with 3821 viewsKilkennyjack

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 00:00 - Nov 13 by morningstar

Against Huddersfield. Sh*t game sh*t player, but what a goal! 35 yards. Won 1-0

I agree with every word 👍

Beware of the Risen People

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 03:50 - Nov 13 with 3774 viewsDewi1jack

Ferrie against Preston away, then he went and done something similar at home (lying down celebration???)
Know I haven't dreamt it, but have a really bad memory disability.
Was sure Maxie Thompson scored a spectacular volley from outside the area against the Arse, not a penalty.
Pratley's in the P/O semi was an outrageous distance, that I didn't think was going in.
Lee Camp walking back with his hands on his hips- funny as anything.

What ever happened to Lee Camp for England?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 06:45 - Nov 13 with 3740 viewsjackal

One that really hurt.
Cavanagh for Cardiff. It was a hell of a shot.
Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 07:10 - Nov 13 with 3718 viewsDr_Winston

Best goal ever scored at the Vetch was in a testimonial/friendly and almost nobody remembers it. Think it might have been Bobby Smiths.

Keith Walker on the volley from out on the touchline. Right into the top corner.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 07:30 - Nov 13 with 3693 viewsChief

Marc Goodfellow against Stockport, last FA cup game at Vetch. Against Cutler too who the north had given stick to all game and had a mare. Think he miss kicked it out to Goodfellow near the centre circle who hit first time in the top corner.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 08:09 - Nov 13 with 3668 viewsDevz00

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 22:50 - Nov 12 by Highjack

Know it was against us but didn't lua lua score a volley from wide right, pretty much touch line into the top far corner?

First one that I thought of as well. It may have been closer than I remember but it was such a good goal.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Longest Distance Goal Scored at The Vetch on 08:27 - Nov 13 with 3659 viewsJackanapes

Clive Freeman for Bridlington town. He also scored one for us after we signed him that was 35 yards +

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024