Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) 10:17 - Nov 24 with 13685 viewsyescomeon

https://news.vice.com/article/a-russian-fighter-jet-has-been-downed-over-syria

This will get the geopolitical juices flowing. Sure I read an article posted on here that this is the theorised catalist for world war 3.

Upthecity!

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:31 - Nov 24 with 6076 viewsLord_Bony

If that Russian warplane was on the Syrian side of the border then the Russians should start a concentrated bombing campaign on Turkey....especially as those two.ats are buying oil off ISIS.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:34 - Nov 24 with 6063 viewsLohengrin

What astonishes me is the rapidity of the change of circumstance. In 1999 a humiliated Russia was forced to sit impotently as NATO bombed Serbia now a completely rearmed, remilitarised Russia is daily flying over NATO airspace.

Today's incident could be the harbinger of something deeply significant.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:37 - Nov 24 with 6057 viewsLord_Bony

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:34 - Nov 24 by Lohengrin

What astonishes me is the rapidity of the change of circumstance. In 1999 a humiliated Russia was forced to sit impotently as NATO bombed Serbia now a completely rearmed, remilitarised Russia is daily flying over NATO airspace.

Oh it's coming bro. It's coming down the pipe....I can't FKN wait quite frankly for it all to kick off like.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:45 - Nov 24 with 6042 viewsDarran

Lord Bonostradamus predicted this.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:47 - Nov 24 with 6035 viewsLord_Bony

Yes I did I bet a lot of money on this one..

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:49 - Nov 24 with 6031 viewssherpajacob

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:45 - Nov 24 by Darran

Lord Bonostradamus predicted this.

What's Lawro predicting?

If he says peace in our time, we are all fooked.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 11:04 - Nov 24 with 5996 viewsHighjack

Thank god we have Corbyn to fk em up.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 11:15 - Nov 24 with 5983 viewsLord_Bony

Here's a cracker. Iranian jets are now going into action alongside the Russians... Israel is shitting its pants...

Big news people...

Login to get fewer ads

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 11:31 - Nov 24 with 5952 viewsItchySphincter

This a truly global war. WWIII anyone?

Terrifying.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 11:36 - Nov 24 with 5938 viewsLord_Bony

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 11:31 - Nov 24 by ItchySphincter

This a truly global war. WWIII anyone?

Terrifying.

We ll still have enough time to see how things pan out for Monk down at the Liberty.. So don t worry mate..chill out dude FFS...

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 11:41 - Nov 24 with 5917 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

It's common knowledge amongst many that Turkey's leadership is sympathetic and sided with ISIS. The president, Recep Tayyip ErdoÄŸan, is a known muslim hardliner.

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:12 - Nov 24 with 5875 viewsNookiejack

Not good as one of the pilots has been taken captured by the 'rebels' and the other is on the run (you would think this pilot would also be captured).

The 'rebels' are going to make a lot of political capital out of this - which is going to infuriate Putin.
Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:16 - Nov 24 with 5859 viewsCountyJim

And we now only have two blast furnaces in the whole of the UK we are in trouble
Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:18 - Nov 24 with 5847 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:12 - Nov 24 by Nookiejack

Not good as one of the pilots has been taken captured by the 'rebels' and the other is on the run (you would think this pilot would also be captured).

The 'rebels' are going to make a lot of political capital out of this - which is going to infuriate Putin.

It's coming & if I were Dai Cameron i'd stay the f@ck out if it .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:19 - Nov 24 with 5839 viewsLohengrin

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:16 - Nov 24 by CountyJim

And we now only have two blast furnaces in the whole of the UK we are in trouble

I heard that exact point made in relation to future conflicts made on a Radio Four phone-in.
Was it you, Jim? You spoke well if it was.

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 5817 viewsDr_Winston

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 10:34 - Nov 24 by Lohengrin

You can see why Sumbler is so popular over there, despite the corruption and the Western media's attempts to paint him as a villain. He's dragged a leviathan from its knees and given it pride and a place in the world again.

Still a shithole of a country chock full of racists and drunks, but one nobody f*cks with any more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:27 - Nov 24 with 5808 viewsperchrockjack

hope lifelong doesn't read Wales being spoken of like that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:28 - Nov 24 with 5808 viewsCountyJim

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:19 - Nov 24 by Lohengrin

I heard that exact point made in relation to future conflicts made on a Radio Four phone-in.

No it wasn't me mate but we do have a serious problem now if we want to join any future conflicts where do we get the steel from China oh wait a minute
Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:28 - Nov 24 with 5808 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:19 - Nov 24 by Lohengrin

What does this actually mean?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:32 - Nov 24 with 5796 viewsLohengrin

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:28 - Nov 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

It means our independent capacity to manufacture war material, if needed, has been severely impaired.

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:33 - Nov 24 with 5793 viewsLord_Bony

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:18 - Nov 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's coming & if I were Dai Cameron i'd stay the f@ck out if it .

Ha haha...dont be silly now Tommy boy.,no way are we going to miss out on another war....we re goin in up to our necks on this one mate...

Cameron will put his case forward to the House of Commons next week...he ll get the vote this time on the back of the Paris bombings....Tally ho....

Feck me even the Israelis are having a pop and no one invited them to the party...yes its all brewing nicely...all we need is another major incident with all these different jets flying about the place...

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:34 - Nov 24 with 5791 viewstomdickharry

The world was a far better place when the cold war was in full flow,Russia will probably do nothing but send a warning message,nasty lot mind when they get worked up.
Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:37 - Nov 24 with 5779 viewsDarran

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:34 - Nov 24 by tomdickharry

The world was a far better place when the cold war was in full flow,Russia will probably do nothing but send a warning message,nasty lot mind when they get worked up.

Let's hope they bomb Pontardawe first it could do with improving.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:39 - Nov 24 with 5772 viewsCountyJim

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:28 - Nov 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

The UK only has one major Iron producing facility in the whole of the Country Port Talbot

If we fight any major conflicts you need the iron to produce Steel
Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 12:40 - Nov 24 with 5770 viewsNookiejack

Russian warplanne shot down by Turkey (who are in NATO) on 11:15 - Nov 24 by Lord_Bony

Here's a cracker. Iranian jets are now going into action alongside the Russians... Israel is shitting its pants...

Big news people...

I realised that Assad is an 'Alawite' but not until a few days ago that Alawites are a branch of Shia muslims. The Alawites only comprise about 8% to 12% of total population

Hence makes sense why Iran (who are essentially the leaders of Shia muslims) are supporting Assad.

Apparently Hezbollah based in Lebanon are also Shia muslims - hence again why they are fighting on behalf of Assad.

The Syrian 'rebels/moderates' lean toward conservative brand of Sunni Islam (although apparently the Syrian army fighting for Assad is also significantly composed of Sunnis).

To quote from the article below:-

'The influence of radical Sunni Islamist currents, including extremist Salafists who conceive their campaign as part of a greater sectarian struggle to topple a heretical government, is hugely important within the wider opposition. Salafist militants, for example, perceive Alawites as unbelievers and the Ba’athist administration as an appendage of archenemies Iran and Lebanese Hezbollah'.

https://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/syrias-sunnis-and-the-regimes-resilience

Hence why the opposition to Assad are backed by Saudi Arabia (the standard bearers of Sunni Muslims) who are backed by USA. (Turkey is also mainly Sunni muslim apparently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024