Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko 19:20 - Nov 25 with 11251 viewsJackfath

I didn't realise Mr Fury was such a tall chap.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 15:21 - Nov 26 with 1256 viewsAquinas

In terms of UFC being bigger, I would say Conor Mcgregor is the most well known GB and Eire fighter in either sport currently fighting.

However, beyond him the general public do not know many UFC fighters but that can be attributed to the fact there is no UFC shown on Sky Sports/Channel 5.

Box Office is killing boxing slowly.
Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 17:55 - Nov 26 with 1223 viewsSwanjack10

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 22:43 - Nov 25 by Kerouac

I have a tenner on Fury at 4/1 as I believe he has a chance.

1) he has the power to knock any heavyweight out and Klitschko has been KO'd 3 times
2) Klitschko is now 39 years old
3) Klitschko has been managed carefully, most of his fights are against bums
4) Fury is a better boxer than many give him credit for. He has improved a lot over the years, was very raw in the early days.
5) Fury is that crazy that the occasion and Klitschko's pedigree/aura will go right over his head. The man is tapped. They could be fighting in a car park for £500 for all he cares.
and
6) Fury has been knocked over (when he used to fight much more open, he would just stand toe to toe and bludgeon people into submission for a couple of years there) and has never been found wanting in the clearing your head, getting through the round and coming back stronger stakes. In fact, he appears to be more dangerous shortly after being knocked down....much like Eubank used to

No. 6 is the biggest reason I'm backing him. Always a fine quality in a boxer and the ultimate test of character.
Calzaghe could do this, Ali, Eubank...just about every quality boxer I can think of has been able to take one on the chin, go down, get back up and find the will within them to carry the day.

If he wasn't a crazy gypsy he'd be taken a lot more seriously by more people.

Totally disagree,fury always a slow starter and then comes back with a ko dig, hes to open and all mouth,wladimir will school him and ko him by round 3.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 21:29 - Nov 26 with 1187 viewsKerouac

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 17:55 - Nov 26 by Swanjack10

Totally disagree,fury always a slow starter and then comes back with a ko dig, hes to open and all mouth,wladimir will school him and ko him by round 3.

I predict Fury will fight south paw and keep Klitschko on the end of a huge right jab.
Klitschko won't be able to tie him up and use his height to lean on him as Fury is the bigger man.
When Klitschko realises he's more rounds behind than there are rounds left he'll be the one forced to fight open. When they go toe to toe late on Fury will knock him out.

Just an opinion.
Of course absolutely anything can happen with 2 blokes that size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 21:59 - Nov 26 with 1178 viewsPozuelosSideys

If Fury wants to win this, he needs to run out and jump all over Wlad from the first bell. Risky strategy, but the only way he'll win. If he arses around and tries to box (orthodox or southpaw) hes getting sparked. Hes been put down a couple of times by blown up cruisers in his recent fights, and Wlad is a very different proposition.

That being said, Fury is crazy enough to do the above tbf.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 23:35 - Nov 26 with 1161 viewsskippyjack

Klitschko has used his brother as a sparring partner for this fight.. he's leaner and more agile... he must rate Fury..

4/1 for a Fury win.. the way Klitschko has built himself up for this fight speaks volumes.

He rates this guy.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 23:54 - Nov 26 with 1156 viewsHighjack

I think Wlad and his brother deserve a hell of a lot of credit. They've completely dominated the sport for longer than pretty much anyone else in history. People argue that the division is weak but you can only beat who's in front of you. It's a shame they never fought each other, neither has been really challenged since an aging and slightly porky Lennox Lewis was around.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 00:05 - Nov 27 with 1149 viewsKerouac

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 23:54 - Nov 26 by Highjack

I think Wlad and his brother deserve a hell of a lot of credit. They've completely dominated the sport for longer than pretty much anyone else in history. People argue that the division is weak but you can only beat who's in front of you. It's a shame they never fought each other, neither has been really challenged since an aging and slightly porky Lennox Lewis was around.

Agree.

Fury deserves some respect (as a boxer) though as well.
He fought non stop to get here, didn't duck anyone and won 3 title eliminators to get his shot (I think he was made to wait by Klitschko as he knows full well that Fury is dangerous).

The way some people are talking about him it's as if he can't box.
He can, and is improving.
These last 4/5 fights he has been working on his switching between orthodox and southpaw. He has improved before my eyes.

I guarantee you Klitschko knows he can box and will be taking him as seriously as anyone he has ever fought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 18:19 - Nov 27 with 1086 viewsRancid

Fury will be World Champion this weekend when he knocks out Klitchko.Its interesting to see who Klitchkos 3 defeats are against.All huge men, similar and bigger in stature to the Champ.I think Fury has already got in his head with his antics and we'll see Vlad get ko'd between rounds 2 and 6.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 18:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 18:30 - Nov 27 with 1076 viewsmax936

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 18:19 - Nov 27 by Rancid

Fury will be World Champion this weekend when he knocks out Klitchko.Its interesting to see who Klitchkos 3 defeats are against.All huge men, similar and bigger in stature to the Champ.I think Fury has already got in his head with his antics and we'll see Vlad get ko'd between rounds 2 and 6.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 18:20]

Like I said on another post Chris, if Fury can tag him early in a round its night night for Wlad, he won't recover in my opinion, Corrie Sanders had him bouncing around for two rounds and that was from one big punch in just over the middle of a round, not even the minute between the round could save him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 18:44 - Nov 27 with 1070 viewsRancid

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 18:30 - Nov 27 by max936

Like I said on another post Chris, if Fury can tag him early in a round its night night for Wlad, he won't recover in my opinion, Corrie Sanders had him bouncing around for two rounds and that was from one big punch in just over the middle of a round, not even the minute between the round could save him.

It was Sanders I was thinking of mate.A huge man like Fury.It'll take a clean shot from a big man like these 2 to dislodge Vlad.I can see Klitchko coming out all guns blazing and trying to knockout Fury early.The one thing you can guarantee with a undefeated fighter is he'll be confident and will throw punches and I can see Fury catching him and causing a big shock.
Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 18:45 - Nov 27 with 1063 viewsDarran

I hope they knock each other out boxing is shit these days.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:00 - Nov 27 with 1056 viewsblueytheblue

Fury will probably surprise everyone by putting on a good fight, dominate only to then lose having again punched himself in the face.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:07 - Nov 27 with 1040 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 18:45 - Nov 27 by Darran

indeed

this fury guy needs to get knocked out

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:08 - Nov 27 with 1039 viewsDarran

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:07 - Nov 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

indeed

Deffo Tom deffo.

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:40 - Nov 27 with 1024 viewstomdickharry

Klitschko much better fighter than Fury will KO him early.
Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:44 - Nov 27 with 985 viewsexiledclaseboy

What's bell time for the main event tomorrow?

Poll: Tory leader

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:51 - Nov 27 with 970 viewsjack247

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:07 - Nov 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

indeed

Win-win.

Either a Brit gets the belts, or the gobby tosser gets knocked out.
Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:17 - Nov 27 with 955 viewsNeath_Jack

Is this going to be a middle of the night job?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:24 - Nov 27 with 945 viewsAquinas

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 19:44 - Nov 27 by exiledclaseboy

What's bell time for the main event tomorrow?

Ring walk at 9:55 for the main fight.

Obviously subject to the undercard though.
Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:28 - Nov 27 with 937 viewsexiledclaseboy

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:24 - Nov 27 by Aquinas

Ring walk at 9:55 for the main fight.

Obviously subject to the undercard though.

Thanks R. Probably radio comms for me.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 21:16]

Poll: Tory leader

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:47 - Nov 27 with 926 viewsshimmie

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 18:45 - Nov 27 by Darran

Utter bolloxs. There are some great fighters competing at the moment. Just watch the canello/cotto fight from last weekend. You probably haven't heard of either which contributes to your ill informed opinion.

And corrie sanders wasn't a huge man. Far from it, he was small for a heavyweight and probably could've boxed at cruiser-weight. Fury will get knocked out. His feet are awful and he's massively open to a right hand. As the light hitting Steve Cunningham (who's now back at crusier) proved when he put him on his arse. I'll have £100 with anyone who wants it that WK wins. Hopefully by knockout.
Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:54 - Nov 27 with 910 viewsperchrockjack

I think I lost interest in heavyweight boxing when Mike Tyson louse do his career up.

My opinion also he could have even the greatest of all.

It's all opinion, all talk and nobody is going to die over it.

Fragmentation has killed it. A world champion really was THE champion

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:57 - Nov 27 with 902 viewsDarran

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:47 - Nov 27 by shimmie

Utter bolloxs. There are some great fighters competing at the moment. Just watch the canello/cotto fight from last weekend. You probably haven't heard of either which contributes to your ill informed opinion.

And corrie sanders wasn't a huge man. Far from it, he was small for a heavyweight and probably could've boxed at cruiser-weight. Fury will get knocked out. His feet are awful and he's massively open to a right hand. As the light hitting Steve Cunningham (who's now back at crusier) proved when he put him on his arse. I'll have £100 with anyone who wants it that WK wins. Hopefully by knockout.

Utter bollox to you too.

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 21:13 - Nov 27 with 890 viewsRancid

Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 20:47 - Nov 27 by shimmie

Just checked now and you're right . He's 6ft 4 but not the huge man I stated.I remember the fight with Sanders/Klitchko and was already aware just how big the brothers were and thought at the time Sanders was equally as big . I'll need to watch it again.

I've never really rated Vladimir and always thought his brother Vitali would be the one who'd dominate in the Heavies.Vlad dominating instead says it all about the current and former state of heavyweight boxing.Im sure it's all about to change though and Anthony Joshua should have a big say in all that.

Agree with you about the current state of boxing in general.Its fantastic at the moment and helped along nicely by today's promoters.Hopefully the days of Frank Warren are long gone and the likes of Eddie Hear will make boxing great again.
Will Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on 21:16 - Nov 27 with 884 viewsRancid

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024