Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Expansion 17:55 - Dec 4 with 5593 viewsLandore_Jack

On hold.

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Liberty-expansion-plan-hold-say-Swans/stor

#backtojack

Stadium Expansion on 17:59 - Dec 4 with 3173 viewsPozuelosSideys

Season 2015/16: The year the Swansea City train hit the buffers..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Stadium Expansion on 18:02 - Dec 4 with 3147 views3swan

Two quotes from the article

The Swans have been in negotiations to buy the stadium from Swansea Council since January this year, but as yet they have been unable to agree on either a value or a payment plan.

A Swansea Council spokesman said: "The Council is under a legal duty to secure the best value deal for the stadium and we will take independent valuation advice before coming to any conclusion."

How on earth can the council have meaningful discussions without having a valuation?
Stadium Expansion on 18:09 - Dec 4 with 3106 viewsDarran

We won't need the expanding next season there'll be plenty of seats available.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stadium Expansion on 18:11 - Dec 4 with 3085 views3swan

Stadium Expansion on 18:09 - Dec 4 by Darran

We won't need the expanding next season there'll be plenty of seats available.

IMO and I posted a few weeks back in a thread about the expansion. It is our league position etc that makes the decision
Stadium Expansion on 18:14 - Dec 4 with 3056 viewsMattG

Stadium Expansion on 18:11 - Dec 4 by 3swan

IMO and I posted a few weeks back in a thread about the expansion. It is our league position etc that makes the decision

Why wasn't that the case last season?
Stadium Expansion on 18:15 - Dec 4 with 3050 viewsDarran

Stadium Expansion on 18:11 - Dec 4 by 3swan

I don't disagree Clive it's quite pathetic.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stadium Expansion on 18:17 - Dec 4 with 3045 views3swan

Stadium Expansion on 18:14 - Dec 4 by MattG

Why wasn't that the case last season?

We didn't have the money then.

This season with the promise of more money next season things may have been pushed harder from both sides.

I don't see the club wanting to take a chance in our current league position and form
Stadium Expansion on 18:19 - Dec 4 with 3030 views3swan

Stadium Expansion on 18:15 - Dec 4 by Darran

I don't disagree Clive it's quite pathetic.

We make £1m profit only because of the sale of Wilf, but would have gone ahead if agreement could have been reached with the council?

Don't see it myself
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium Expansion on 18:28 - Dec 4 with 2994 viewsorion3016

We rarely sell out anyway. Can't understand people saying they cant get tickets. We will be at 15000 at best if we go down

Be over there now after

Stadium Expansion on 18:41 - Dec 4 with 2938 viewsNeathJack

Stadium Expansion on 18:28 - Dec 4 by orion3016

We rarely sell out anyway. Can't understand people saying they cant get tickets. We will be at 15000 at best if we go down

Rarely sell out? Eh?
Stadium Expansion on 18:42 - Dec 4 with 2926 viewsperchrockjack

And this sums us up and the way we think.

It is by luck the right decision as we re not certain of staying up.

That said, lack of capacity means loss of revenue.

All efforts now must be to safeguard our status but it's so sad to see how we simply cannot agree to move the club on. Council still appalling,in it rog

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Stadium Expansion on 18:42 - Dec 4 with 2936 viewsmax936

Stadium Expansion on 18:28 - Dec 4 by orion3016

I wonder when they'll start offering the £50 deposits back or will they keep them indefinitely, on the assumption that expansion will go ahead, perhaps my great great grandchildren will be able to use it

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stadium Expansion on 18:46 - Dec 4 with 2925 viewslifelong

Stadium Expansion on 18:42 - Dec 4 by perchrockjack

And this sums us up and the way we think.

It is by luck the right decision as we re not certain of staying up.

That said, lack of capacity means loss of revenue.

All efforts now must be to safeguard our status but it's so sad to see how we simply cannot agree to move the club on. Council still appalling,in it rog

You're starting to mention me in every post now Perchy, I'm getting concerned.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 19:50]
Stadium Expansion on 18:53 - Dec 4 with 2885 viewswhiterock

The club can't afford £25m to purchase and £25m to build, simples

We can't afford both and still have 40 years left on a lease
Stadium Expansion on 19:25 - Dec 4 with 2772 viewsDr_Winston

There is absolutely no need to purchase the stadium outright at this point in time. None whatsoever.

Piss poor management.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium Expansion on 19:26 - Dec 4 with 2770 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

Fact - go down and committing us to £50m of debt will take us back to the dark days, so I’m with Huw on this one.

Bums on seats are a just a small proportion of the club’s income these days, and if results continue as they are on the pitch I’d rather spend a third of that in the January window, as next year the TV money rockets, so it’s essential imho that any available cash should spent should be on the field of play.

The Council will just have to wait, or if they have any financial nous offer a decent and long term repayment scheme. Well after all, how much have the Swans injected into the local economy in the last 5 years? £100m?

So we made a £1.7m since the accounts were last released, but only because we got more than expected in sending Wilf to sit on the subs bench at Man City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-20895147
Stadium Expansion on 19:27 - Dec 4 with 2766 viewswhiterock

Stadium Expansion on 19:25 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

There is absolutely no need to purchase the stadium outright at this point in time. None whatsoever.

Piss poor management.

Club certainly don't want to but I feel are being backed into a corner, if u don't buy ten you can forget landlords consent
Stadium Expansion on 19:41 - Dec 4 with 2694 viewsSgorioFruit

What a crying shame we didn't have a bigger stadium to help our fan base grow.

Crying shame.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Stadium Expansion on 19:47 - Dec 4 with 2678 viewsmarchamjack

Not a fan of us buying the stadium at all, but disappointed certainly that the expansion seems more and more a pipe dream, hindered by the graveyard of ambition of the Council

Fully understand the Council requiring best value out of any sale of the stadium, but the fact is, there's only one buyer in town, the Swans. This isn't a sale to the highest bidder in the market, there is no-one else out there to buy the stadium. Surely coming up with a deal, which is bound to be below open market value (but with no other takers out there realistically), could work for the Council if they're looking to offload the stadium and assist one of the City's biggest assets, certainly on an international, tv stage, the Swans. The club grows, the City grows.

Council too dim to see it.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Stadium Expansion on 19:50 - Dec 4 with 2664 viewsjasper_T

Not sure what to make of the announced profit as they changed the financial year. Looks like they've got 14 months of operating costs compared against one year of Premier League income.
Stadium Expansion on 19:52 - Dec 4 with 2659 viewsNeathJack

Regardless of any stadium purchase/expansion or lack thereof, the headline figures on those accounts have set some alarm bells ringing for me.

Difficult to judge properly without seeing the meat on the bones but take out the Bony transfer and it appears alarming, and certainly not sustainable.
Stadium Expansion on 19:55 - Dec 4 with 2646 viewsNeathJack

Stadium Expansion on 19:50 - Dec 4 by jasper_T

Not sure what to make of the announced profit as they changed the financial year. Looks like they've got 14 months of operating costs compared against one year of Premier League income.

That may well explain it to a great extent.
Stadium Expansion on 19:56 - Dec 4 with 2635 viewsmonmouth

Stadium Expansion on 19:52 - Dec 4 by NeathJack

Regardless of any stadium purchase/expansion or lack thereof, the headline figures on those accounts have set some alarm bells ringing for me.

Difficult to judge properly without seeing the meat on the bones but take out the Bony transfer and it appears alarming, and certainly not sustainable.

Could well explain the desperation to sell out.

I tell you what though, looking at the empty grounds at Crud, reading, Ipswich in the championshit, you can understand why people, who have millions at stake here (and forget the load of crap that 'the club comes first'), take fright at the leap of faith of an expansion.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium Expansion on 20:16 - Dec 4 with 2563 viewsJackFish

Stadium Expansion on 19:52 - Dec 4 by NeathJack

But wouldn't the Bony money have been re-invested with a lot of it being used to sign Eder, Tabanou and Ayew this summer? Hard to tell without seeing the whole figures of course but that would make sense to me, rather than Bony being sold to essentially balance the books. You can probably add Gomis to that list too since he was basically Wilf's replacement.
Stadium Expansion on 20:18 - Dec 4 with 2546 viewsDr_Winston

The headline figures aren't great, but you have to consider that a lot of the spending that has been done on the RTB and Fairwood won't need to be spent again.

Take that out and you're looking at a fairly healthy profit given outlay on the playing side, and the obvious tendency to limit taxable profit as much as possible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024