Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Question 08:14 - Jan 17 with 4260 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Given the Trust has a member on the Board, could those within the Trust put a vote of no confidence in against HJ and Co.

Would be drastic and extremely damaging at the current time in the Transfer window but if no player or coaching recruitment is done in next few days what other choice do we have other than chant some ridiculous song at games.

Just a thought.
Trust Question on 08:19 - Jan 17 with 2555 viewsjack247

Probably, but what do you think it would achieve?
Trust Question on 08:31 - Jan 17 with 2540 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Trust Question on 08:19 - Jan 17 by jack247

Probably, but what do you think it would achieve?

As said just a thought but the lack of comment from the Board about player and coaching recruitment,( HJ couldn't get out of the Media when going was good) or even blind refusal to accept our current position is down to them something needs to be done.
Trust Question on 08:37 - Jan 17 with 2519 viewsjack247

Trust Question on 08:31 - Jan 17 by Vetchfieldpasty

As said just a thought but the lack of comment from the Board about player and coaching recruitment,( HJ couldn't get out of the Media when going was good) or even blind refusal to accept our current position is down to them something needs to be done.

I'm not convinced a mutiny would make things any better. We are where we are at the moment, we just have to hope the board have the balls and the ambition to give us a fighting chance this transfer window. They have shown plenty of both in the past, need to step it up now.
Trust Question on 09:31 - Jan 17 with 2441 viewsUxbridge

Would be drastic and extremely damaging at the current time

Quite.

The club have said they're looking to bring people in. We need to back HJ et al to do that. The job of the Trust IMO at this time is to ensure the future of the club is not jeopardised and ensure the club has a plan, it isn't the job to publicise that plan or make ridiculous divisive public statements to satisfy an increasingly knee-jerk fanbase.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Question on 09:39 - Jan 17 with 2426 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Question on 09:31 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Quite.

The club have said they're looking to bring people in. We need to back HJ et al to do that. The job of the Trust IMO at this time is to ensure the future of the club is not jeopardised and ensure the club has a plan, it isn't the job to publicise that plan or make ridiculous divisive public statements to satisfy an increasingly knee-jerk fanbase.

And is there a plan?
Trust Question on 09:40 - Jan 17 with 2420 viewsoldcob

In times of trouble we should be pulling together, not considering ways to be more divisive. We always do things at the last minute in the transfer window,it annoys me as well, but harmony is important in any club.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 9:45]
Trust Question on 09:42 - Jan 17 with 2408 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 09:39 - Jan 17 by AngelRangelQS

And is there a plan?

To bring players in? Of course.

Trust Question on 09:44 - Jan 17 with 2390 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Question on 09:42 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

To bring players in? Of course.

That's good to know. I just hope it works out better than the plan to bring a manager in.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Question on 09:46 - Jan 17 with 2383 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Question on 09:31 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Quite.

No, the job of the Trust is to represent that fan base, knee jerk or otherwise. I'm not suggesting confidence votes or anything daft like that. But a bit of proactive publicity from both club and Trust detailing the work that's going/gone on behind the scenes to find a manager and/or players would help all parties. At the moment the silence is deafening and you can't blame people for assuming inactivity and incompetence at board level. That's exactly how it looks. And of course the Trust is part of the board so that criticism will spread.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Question on 09:49 - Jan 17 with 2371 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 09:44 - Jan 17 by AngelRangelQS

That's good to know. I just hope it works out better than the plan to bring a manager in.

You and me both. However, as with that, they have to be the right ones.

Guess my point is that there are professionals running the club on a day to day basis. It isn't for the trust to insert ourselves into that. It tickles me that some people seem to think the club seriously didn't twig we need a few new faces. The issue for me is that decisions were made in the summer which have somewhat strangled our ability to adjust now.

Trust Question on 09:55 - Jan 17 with 2350 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 09:46 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

No, the job of the Trust is to represent that fan base, knee jerk or otherwise. I'm not suggesting confidence votes or anything daft like that. But a bit of proactive publicity from both club and Trust detailing the work that's going/gone on behind the scenes to find a manager and/or players would help all parties. At the moment the silence is deafening and you can't blame people for assuming inactivity and incompetence at board level. That's exactly how it looks. And of course the Trust is part of the board so that criticism will spread.

So if the fanbase are knee-jerk the Trust need to be? Nah.

Didn't Jenkins outline in the press the work done to bring in a manager?

Not entirely sure what a Trust press release on the matter would consist off ... Akin to saying the club are trying to do things, but we can't give you any details sorry. I'll speak to our media department ... Oh Phil

Trust Question on 09:57 - Jan 17 with 2340 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Question on 09:49 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Guess my point is that there are professionals running the club on a day to day basis. It isn't for the trust to insert ourselves into that. It tickles me that some people seem to think the club seriously didn't twig we need a few new faces. The issue for me is that decisions were made in the summer which have somewhat strangled our ability to adjust now.

I appreciate the fact that it has to be the right manager - of course it does. I believe that they wanted to get someone in who they had faith in next season but failed to find anyone. I then believe that they looked for someone on a short term basis to allow them to appoint their preferred choice (Rodgers) in the summer. Nobody was keen on taking us up in this.

Our final option was to revert to Curt to keep us up and to keep the seat warm for Rodgers.

I think that the time has pretty much come where any managerial appointment that keeps us up this season will be deemed a success.

Personally if it's true that Poyet is interested, I see it as a bit of a no brainer... Even if we go down I'll be quite confident he'd do well for us in the championship
Trust Question on 10:03 - Jan 17 with 2319 viewsUxbridge

Trust Question on 09:57 - Jan 17 by AngelRangelQS

I appreciate the fact that it has to be the right manager - of course it does. I believe that they wanted to get someone in who they had faith in next season but failed to find anyone. I then believe that they looked for someone on a short term basis to allow them to appoint their preferred choice (Rodgers) in the summer. Nobody was keen on taking us up in this.

Our final option was to revert to Curt to keep us up and to keep the seat warm for Rodgers.

I think that the time has pretty much come where any managerial appointment that keeps us up this season will be deemed a success.

Personally if it's true that Poyet is interested, I see it as a bit of a no brainer... Even if we go down I'll be quite confident he'd do well for us in the championship

From what I hear of Poyet, I wouldn't want a bar.

I totally agree, if we can make any half decent managerial appointment in the short term that would improve matters, I'd be all for that. Problem is getting someone who is prepared to do that.

Trust Question on 10:07 - Jan 17 with 2302 viewsmonmouth

Trust Question on 09:55 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Not entirely sure what a Trust press release on the matter would consist off ... Akin to saying the club are trying to do things, but we can't give you any details sorry. I'll speak to our media department ... Oh Phil

I think there are wild over-reactions at the moment because of recent events colouring current ones. The noises coming from the clubin the manager debacle were 'it takes time because we need the right man' followed by 'there is no right man'. No real comment on why a trip to south america failed allowing the rumour mill to further inflame Joe Fan.

Now we hear that 'we need a forward ' and 'we will bring in one or two' and 'but it has to be the right people' which, in isolation is fair enough, but in conjunction with previous (and previous windows) makes people assume that the result will be the same 'we couldn't get anyone, we go with what we have'.

For what it's worth I think people should calm down and give it to the end of the window before shooting their load. Some are like hysterical children at the moment.

The communications throughout could have been much better though and the 'Hola' (which still hasn't been satisfactorily accounted for, and criticisms of other clubs signings (ridiculous) haven't helped at all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Question on 10:11 - Jan 17 with 2283 viewsbuilthjack

We would all hope that HJ has plan C up his sleeve, waiting to put it in place over the coming week.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trust Question on 10:13 - Jan 17 with 2277 viewsDr_Winston

The issue is whose definition of "the right manager" we're using.

Most people would just want someone experienced, respected and capable of organising a team to play decent football. Judging by recent events the club's definition would be all of the above, but also someone who doesn't mind not having the final say on the players he has to do it with.

Suspect there are a few of the former about. Less so the latter. Certainly someone like Bielsa wouldn't tolerate it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust Question on 10:16 - Jan 17 with 2268 viewsPhil_S

Trust Question on 10:13 - Jan 17 by Dr_Winston

Most people would just want someone experienced, respected and capable of organising a team to play decent football. Judging by recent events the club's definition would be all of the above, but also someone who doesn't mind not having the final say on the players he has to do it with.

Suspect there are a few of the former about. Less so the latter. Certainly someone like Bielsa wouldn't tolerate it.

No you're right he probably wouldn't he would probably want some guarantees along the lines of that wouldn't make any sales and he can have big budgets
Trust Question on 10:16 - Jan 17 with 2267 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Trust Question on 09:49 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Run by "Professionals".
Trust Question on 10:17 - Jan 17 with 2262 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust Question on 10:03 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

From what I hear of Poyet, I wouldn't want a bar.

I totally agree, if we can make any half decent managerial appointment in the short term that would improve matters, I'd be all for that. Problem is getting someone who is prepared to do that.

I think that it's beyond the point where we have the luxury of this short term appointment to keep the seat warm.

If we continue with curt then I think we'll be appointing a manager to get us promoted
Trust Question on 10:22 - Jan 17 with 2242 viewslovejuicejack

Trust Question on 10:16 - Jan 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Run by "Professionals".

Was thinking exactly the same when I read it!
Trust Question on 10:37 - Jan 17 with 2199 viewswaynekerr55

I believe there were 134k reasons a week as to why we don't have el loco

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust Question on 10:38 - Jan 17 with 2199 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Question on 09:55 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

To be honest I don't think a fanbase reacting badly to six weeks without a manager, something like three wins in 20 games, the only talk of new players being old players and relegation a looming and very real possibility/probability can be classed as knee jerk. Not any more. The club and the Trust's continued reluctance to address the issues publicly are exacerbating the issues and nervousness.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Question on 10:41 - Jan 17 with 2189 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Given the likes of Dineen's ridiculous comments of this was still the greatest squad assembled by Swans I still wonder whether they do acknowledge new faces are needed.

Also the lack of replacing coaching staff for Pep, Beatie, KOL and infact Curt further questions their desire to get us out of this shite.

On the Managerial front, instead of looking abroad why not go for Garry Rowett?? What he did at Burton and now Birmingham is nothing short of amazing given Brum's offfield troubles.
Trust Question on 10:52 - Jan 17 with 2162 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Trust Question on 10:37 - Jan 17 by waynekerr55

I believe there were 134k reasons a week as to why we don't have el loco

Nope I doubt very much it was that at all .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Trust Question on 10:53 - Jan 17 with 2161 viewswhiterock

Plus he wanted wages akin to Wenger to do it, club dodged a bullet with him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024