Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened to our plan? 15:00 - Jan 21 with 7841 viewsheadcleaner

I was lead to believe that we always had a plan as to how we operated. Be it on the field "this so called swansea way" and off it.

We seem to be a bit rabbit in the headlights at the moment and the tide seems to be turning on the board. Maybe we should have sold to the Americans after all. A semi dignified exit for the current board maybe. At this rate they'll be hounded out if we were to drop out of the prem.

Any supporters nights coming up with Jenkins and dineen in attendance? Might lay to rest a few concerns supporters have to rest.

A tidy striker would certainly appease a lot of supporters.
What happened to our plan? on 15:08 - Jan 21 with 6376 viewsHugeEnkins

it's a learning curve for everyone involved. Give the board a break. It's all well and good trying to stick to principals but certain scenarios are out of control. I concede things could have been handled differently but, like I said, everyone is new to all this. Keep the faith, boyo.
What happened to our plan? on 15:15 - Jan 21 with 6338 viewsCooperman

Just because there isn't a constant Twitter update for whenever someone associated with SCFC takes a dump it doesn't mean that they are sat around the table playing tiddlywinks.

Today's modern game doesn't move quickly in off the pitch scenarios. You can see that from the speed at which transfer saga's evolve. There is an extremely high level of due dilligence with a lot of football related subjects these days and it's going to get worse before it gets better.
(The only recent argument against this is the Shelvey transfer which from what I can see happened very quickly).

We've got to have more patience.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

What happened to our plan? on 15:15 - Jan 21 with 6338 viewsDr_Winston

Someone waved tens of millions of pounds in their general direction and concentration was lost?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What happened to our plan? on 15:20 - Jan 21 with 6316 viewsawayjack

What happened to our plan? on 15:08 - Jan 21 by HugeEnkins

it's a learning curve for everyone involved. Give the board a break. It's all well and good trying to stick to principals but certain scenarios are out of control. I concede things could have been handled differently but, like I said, everyone is new to all this. Keep the faith, boyo.

I think 1st or 2nd season most fans would be quite forgiving but the Board should be pretty familiar with Premier League now and how quickly things can change. Many fans could see so many things being done wrong from player recruitment to commercial matters, so surely the Board with access to more privileged information should have more insight and various contingency plans. Perhaps more focus on the job versus chasing buyers for personal gain, videos and large bonus/ dividends and we could have avoided a lot of the crap that's gone on this year.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 15:21]
What happened to our plan? on 15:21 - Jan 21 with 6309 viewsAustinIsOurHero

What happened to our plan? on 15:08 - Jan 21 by HugeEnkins

We've been in the premier League for a while now, we're hardly new to this.
Here are some scenario's that are in the boards control:

1. Getting rid of Monk at the right time, not allowing things to descend into the farce it did
2. Having someone else already lined up to replace him
3. Not hanging Curt out to dry
3. Discussing potential transfer targets well in advance of the January window
4. Signing some players in the January transfer window

If this season goes belly up, the blame lies solely with the board. They have taken their eyes of the prize, big time!!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

What happened to our plan? on 15:31 - Jan 21 with 6259 viewsHugeEnkins

What happened to our plan? on 15:21 - Jan 21 by AustinIsOurHero

We've been in the premier League for a while now, we're hardly new to this.
Here are some scenario's that are in the boards control:

1. Getting rid of Monk at the right time, not allowing things to descend into the farce it did
2. Having someone else already lined up to replace him
3. Not hanging Curt out to dry
3. Discussing potential transfer targets well in advance of the January window
4. Signing some players in the January transfer window

If this season goes belly up, the blame lies solely with the board. They have taken their eyes of the prize, big time!!

I was referring to our current predicament more than the time in the league. I can't recall us being in such a mess as recent events would depict. Hence the 'learning curve' statement. You are right, if this does go belly up it will be a monumental phuck up by all involved including the playing staff. No one saw this coming at the start of the season. Let's hope we get out of it sharpish.
What happened to our plan? on 15:43 - Jan 21 with 6211 viewsAustinIsOurHero

What happened to our plan? on 15:31 - Jan 21 by HugeEnkins

I was referring to our current predicament more than the time in the league. I can't recall us being in such a mess as recent events would depict. Hence the 'learning curve' statement. You are right, if this does go belly up it will be a monumental phuck up by all involved including the playing staff. No one saw this coming at the start of the season. Let's hope we get out of it sharpish.

Ah ok, my bad. Any opportunity to have a pop at the board atm! ha ha!

Really though, it does all come down to cost.

The board invested in Laudrup & his players & got queasy at the thought. The subsequent hiring & firing of Monk, appointment of Curt & now Guidolin all reek of doing things on the cheap. rather than going for a sustained pursuit of a top manager - Bielsa, Sampaoli, Emry.

Someone's going to have sit Huw down & tell him straight "Look Huw, we all know your tighter than a duck's ar*e, but come on, loosen the purse strings ffs"!!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

What happened to our plan? on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 6169 viewsheadcleaner

Sadly there are many who saw it coming. Not investing in a striker in the summer seems to be the big downfall. I wouldn't advocate being ripped off but buying quality should have been a priority.

I don't think it's a secret Huw or the board run the club like a real life championship manager in as much as they scout, buy, sign hire and fire. So the buck stops there. Monk wasn't the answer but he was a football man and maybe he got too big for his boots and wanted control.

Five years in they took their eye off the ball and I can't wait to see part two of jack to a king it'll be interesting viewing
Login to get fewer ads

What happened to our plan? on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 6167 viewsHugeEnkins

What happened to our plan? on 15:43 - Jan 21 by AustinIsOurHero

Ah ok, my bad. Any opportunity to have a pop at the board atm! ha ha!

Really though, it does all come down to cost.

The board invested in Laudrup & his players & got queasy at the thought. The subsequent hiring & firing of Monk, appointment of Curt & now Guidolin all reek of doing things on the cheap. rather than going for a sustained pursuit of a top manager - Bielsa, Sampaoli, Emry.

Someone's going to have sit Huw down & tell him straight "Look Huw, we all know your tighter than a duck's ar*e, but come on, loosen the purse strings ffs"!!

I guess no one really knows what's going on except those ITK. we live in hope though. 26th richest club aren't we?!
What happened to our plan? on 18:57 - Jan 21 with 6010 viewsPrivate_Partz

What happened to our plan? on 15:53 - Jan 21 by headcleaner

Sadly there are many who saw it coming. Not investing in a striker in the summer seems to be the big downfall. I wouldn't advocate being ripped off but buying quality should have been a priority.

I don't think it's a secret Huw or the board run the club like a real life championship manager in as much as they scout, buy, sign hire and fire. So the buck stops there. Monk wasn't the answer but he was a football man and maybe he got too big for his boots and wanted control.

Five years in they took their eye off the ball and I can't wait to see part two of jack to a king it'll be interesting viewing

I think the mistakes started after we fell out with Michael Laudrup's agent. That said we now have someone of apparent merit in charge of the team. I am not as concerned now that we have not signed anyone as I suspect Frankie needs a good look at he team and then we can bid for his targets after he has assessed the team. I am hopeful we might pick up one or two gems that he has identified. If nothing happens soon after the Everton game them some of my concerns will be back again however.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What happened to our plan? on 19:05 - Jan 21 with 5986 viewsRancid

The 'Swansea Way' was never going to last forever.In the Championship or lower leagues it might still be alive but up here in the PL it was always going to be nullified once we were seen as a real threat and not some fly by night club.Clubs and players are t6oo clever and good to allow us so much posession in games and we had to evolve at some point.That point, for me, came in Laudrups second season when he thought it needed tweaking to move forward.It didn't work so Monk was given the honour of taking us back to our old style, which he promised too.But even then with success our ethos had changed and instead of posession football unde Monk we relied on soaking up pressure and then sucker punching other sides.

I fear the 'Swansea way' is long gone.
What happened to our plan? on 19:10 - Jan 21 with 5956 viewsDarran

What happened to our plan? on 19:05 - Jan 21 by Rancid

The 'Swansea Way' was never going to last forever.In the Championship or lower leagues it might still be alive but up here in the PL it was always going to be nullified once we were seen as a real threat and not some fly by night club.Clubs and players are t6oo clever and good to allow us so much posession in games and we had to evolve at some point.That point, for me, came in Laudrups second season when he thought it needed tweaking to move forward.It didn't work so Monk was given the honour of taking us back to our old style, which he promised too.But even then with success our ethos had changed and instead of posession football unde Monk we relied on soaking up pressure and then sucker punching other sides.

Brilliant post and why others can't see that is baffling.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What happened to our plan? on 19:22 - Jan 21 with 5906 viewsPrivate_Partz

What happened to our plan? on 19:05 - Jan 21 by Rancid

I take your point and you must be worried as our new manager has been appointed to try and get our passing game back. I am not so worried as I still feel the possession game is the way forward for us and this I why we need to keep the continental approach to the game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What happened to our plan? on 19:27 - Jan 21 with 5880 viewsRancid

What happened to our plan? on 19:22 - Jan 21 by Private_Partz

I take your point and you must be worried as our new manager has been appointed to try and get our passing game back. I am not so worried as I still feel the possession game is the way forward for us and this I why we need to keep the continental approach to the game.

The continental approach is a bit last year I feel and whereas we still try to play possesion foiotball it doesn't seem to be as effective as before as teams just close us down quickly and not give us the time to just play it around.I'm not sure we have the personnel on the pitch to carry it off at the moment either.
What happened to our plan? on 19:42 - Jan 21 with 5818 viewsCopaMundial

What a load of crap,this idea that we got found out and needed another way is just Bullsh.t.

From memory only two teams did a job on us when we played our posession based game ..Notwich and Everton apart from those that style was plenty good enough to beat most teams in and around us and also gave a couple of the big boys a kick up the arris.

Instead of enhancing that style by adding slightly better players year on year we panicked,sacked Laudrup and appointed a bog standard footballer as manager who eventually got the team to play in his mirror image.

Ten years hard work went down the pan in eighteen months as one man pursued his goal to show the world that he was indeed a football genius.
What happened to our plan? on 19:49 - Jan 21 with 5791 viewsstonedroses

the americans pulled out....seen everton as a better option.
What happened to our plan? on 20:00 - Jan 21 with 5762 viewsstonedroses

What happened to our plan? on 19:42 - Jan 21 by CopaMundial

What a load of crap,this idea that we got found out and needed another way is just Bullsh.t.

From memory only two teams did a job on us when we played our posession based game ..Notwich and Everton apart from those that style was plenty good enough to beat most teams in and around us and also gave a couple of the big boys a kick up the arris.

Instead of enhancing that style by adding slightly better players year on year we panicked,sacked Laudrup and appointed a bog standard footballer as manager who eventually got the team to play in his mirror image.

Ten years hard work went down the pan in eighteen months as one man pursued his goal to show the world that he was indeed a football genius.

Correct! If we had the ball the opposition couldnt score simple. Can remember us keeping the ball for a long time with 10 men until the end of the game against sunderland when chico took out saha.
What happened to our plan? on 20:08 - Jan 21 with 5728 viewsstonedroses

What happened to our plan? on 20:00 - Jan 21 by stonedroses

Correct! If we had the ball the opposition couldnt score simple. Can remember us keeping the ball for a long time with 10 men until the end of the game against sunderland when chico took out saha.

Loved the football we played then it was our first 2 seasons in the premiership. Can anyone remember the "Swansea Triangle" and "Your only here to watch the Swans"?????
What happened to our plan? on 20:14 - Jan 21 with 5706 viewsRancid

Laudrup was taking us down, we didn't panic, we made the right decision at the time.Monk promised when he took over that he's revert us back to our old ways but he never did and we've never been the same since.It isn't easy playing the same way every game in this league.i.e the Swansea way.Haven't you noticed how sides chase us down nowadays and never give us time on the ball?
What happened to our plan? on 20:20 - Jan 21 with 5671 viewsstonedroses

What happened to our plan? on 20:14 - Jan 21 by Rancid

Laudrup was taking us down, we didn't panic, we made the right decision at the time.Monk promised when he took over that he's revert us back to our old ways but he never did and we've never been the same since.It isn't easy playing the same way every game in this league.i.e the Swansea way.Haven't you noticed how sides chase us down nowadays and never give us time on the ball?

like we used to do to sides?
What happened to our plan? on 20:21 - Jan 21 with 5665 viewsCopaMundial

Laudrup was taking us down...oh really,guess we'll never know and no I haven't noticed teams chasing us down just our own inability to string more than two passes together although things have improved slightly lately.
I don't want to fall into the ridiculous swanselona crap but people were saying not too long ago that the Barcelona Tiki Taka was dead ,don't hear them anymore though.
What happened to our plan? on 20:22 - Jan 21 with 5654 viewsRancid

What happened to our plan? on 20:20 - Jan 21 by stonedroses

like we used to do to sides?

Indeed.We now do neither although our work rate and closing down the opposition improved under Curt but we still couldn't keep hold of the ball.The Watford game, especially second half showed this.
What happened to our plan? on 20:28 - Jan 21 with 5632 viewsRancid

What happened to our plan? on 20:21 - Jan 21 by CopaMundial

Laudrup was taking us down...oh really,guess we'll never know and no I haven't noticed teams chasing us down just our own inability to string more than two passes together although things have improved slightly lately.
I don't want to fall into the ridiculous swanselona crap but people were saying not too long ago that the Barcelona Tiki Taka was dead ,don't hear them anymore though.

Ok.
What happened to our plan? on 20:35 - Jan 21 with 5597 viewsstonedroses

What happened to our plan? on 20:21 - Jan 21 by CopaMundial

swanselona was the medias take on us. of course we wernt a patch on barcelonas tiki taka but it was our way of getting results in the premier league with limited resources (which have come to the fore this year).
What happened to our plan? on 20:36 - Jan 21 with 5594 viewsandrew

I really wish people would stop moaning, no one on here actually knows what's going on, not even the ITK's.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024