Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ok 23:04 - Feb 6 with 2593 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

plenty of talk about town

no pace in the team .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

ok on 23:05 - Feb 6 with 2582 viewsskippyjack

I said it in pre season.. the skilled people make the decisions

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

ok on 23:08 - Feb 6 with 2558 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

ok on 23:05 - Feb 6 by skippyjack

I said it in pre season.. the skilled people make the decisions

indeed

Rangel had 40 yards to maraud into today.he played well fair do.

wide players
no pace
no guile

ok on 23:26 - Feb 6 with 2494 viewsmorningstar

ok on 23:08 - Feb 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

indeed

Rangel had 40 yards to maraud into today.he played well fair do.

wide players
no pace
no guile

We have pace, when defending we have no problems breaking out and turning into attack. Problem is, when we get anywhere near 20 yards from goal we don't know what the f**k to do!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

ok on 10:31 - Feb 7 with 2237 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"no pace in the team . "
We have pace in the team, but they sit on the bench for most if not all of the game.
ok on 11:33 - Feb 7 with 2193 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

ok on 10:31 - Feb 7 by A_Fans_Dad

"no pace in the team . "
We have pace in the team, but they sit on the bench for most if not all of the game.

Indeed
All of the pace is in the bench.

ok on 11:49 - Feb 7 with 2153 viewsPrivate_Partz

ok on 11:33 - Feb 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed
All of the pace is in the bench.

Cracked record here. This is because we are keeping it tight. Currently players who Play this way and tackle back are are getting the nod as we go for safety first and a result. Leon and Corky are having to work much harder. The former driving down the middle more and the latter making space on the flanks.
I will be surprised if this does not change if / when we are safe or approaching safety with games left to play.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

ok on 12:06 - Feb 7 with 2111 viewsA_Fans_Dad

ok on 11:49 - Feb 7 by Private_Partz

Cracked record here. This is because we are keeping it tight. Currently players who Play this way and tackle back are are getting the nod as we go for safety first and a result. Leon and Corky are having to work much harder. The former driving down the middle more and the latter making space on the flanks.
I will be surprised if this does not change if / when we are safe or approaching safety with games left to play.

Wayne does not track back, but Barrow does, so we are not even playing the "safe" option in that respect.
The safest option is to score a lot more goals than the opposition, when we start doing that we will win instead of draw.
ok on 12:11 - Feb 7 with 2098 viewsPrivate_Partz

ok on 12:06 - Feb 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Wayne does not track back, but Barrow does, so we are not even playing the "safe" option in that respect.
The safest option is to score a lot more goals than the opposition, when we start doing that we will win instead of draw.

Bit unfair on Routlage. I think he has put In a defensive shift and keeps shape better than Barrow. barrow offers much more of a goal thread but he is raw. Can easily burn himself out and he is not good at defending due to inexperience.
I take the post about Wayne though. He is blowing hot and cold and could not argue with the substitution.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

ok on 12:16 - Feb 7 with 2091 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

ok on 12:11 - Feb 7 by Private_Partz

Bit unfair on Routlage. I think he has put In a defensive shift and keeps shape better than Barrow. barrow offers much more of a goal thread but he is raw. Can easily burn himself out and he is not good at defending due to inexperience.
I take the post about Wayne though. He is blowing hot and cold and could not argue with the substitution.

We need to get at teams at home , their left back was dreadful yesterday and didn't have anyone to mark until barrow came on.

ok on 12:17 - Feb 7 with 2084 viewsA_Fans_Dad

ok on 12:11 - Feb 7 by Private_Partz

Have you looked at Barrow's Defensive Statistics, twice as good as Wayne's
Barrow is getting more polished each time he plays, which is what he needs, more minutes on the field.
ok on 12:48 - Feb 7 with 2047 viewsmonmouth

In other news nathan Dyer could get a Premier League champions medal after playing a total of about 45 minutes. Funny old game.

Barrow with Rangel down the right and Montero left could have killed them yesterday. I honestly can't understand why it wasn't obvious from the bench. Routs or Ayew can roam behind, but not both.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 12:49]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

ok on 12:55 - Feb 7 with 2021 viewsBrynmill_Jack

ok on 11:49 - Feb 7 by Private_Partz

Yesterday wasn't a day for safety first though with respect. We should have gone 451 with Barrow in place of Cork and gone for it.

Palace doubled Taylor and got someone past him. It frustrates me that we don't do the same.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

ok on 12:57 - Feb 7 with 2013 viewsBrynmill_Jack

ok on 12:06 - Feb 7 by A_Fans_Dad

ThIs because "Wayne" was playing more as the second striker. Ditch the diamond ! (At least when we're home)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

ok on 15:42 - Feb 7 with 1896 viewsPrivate_Partz

ok on 12:55 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Yesterday wasn't a day for safety first though with respect. We should have gone 451 with Barrow in place of Cork and gone for it.

Palace doubled Taylor and got someone past him. It frustrates me that we don't do the same.

Fair comment. Another option would have been to have gone for the jugular but Palace were thriving when teams were doing that hence their amazing away record and mediocre home one. I have an open mind on this. All I am saying is I can see the argument for caution until we have decent buffer from the bottom three.

ok on 15:47 - Feb 7 with 1878 viewsPrivate_Partz

ok on 12:17 - Feb 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Have you looked at Barrow's Defensive Statistics, twice as good as Wayne's
Barrow is getting more polished each time he plays, which is what he needs, more minutes on the field.

No, have not seen them. How are they measured and who measures them? I guess it is easier to have better stats when you only play half the games and those are cameo appearances when teams are tiring.
Fair comment though maybe Modo is a superior defender. I will concentrate a bit more on that aspect if his game. :-) He certainly offers more threat going forward as does Jeff. It is very important we get the ball out quickly to them however so they are not receiving it back to goal with 4 defenders on them. That particularly apples to Jeff.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 15:49]

ok on 16:00 - Feb 7 with 1831 viewsAl_Bundy

Routledge is ticking all the right boxes with some of our fans at the moment.

Based on what exactly i'm not quite sure.
ok on 16:23 - Feb 7 with 1794 viewsLandore_Jack

We need to move the ball quicker. That will exploit the gaps. Some players take extra touches that are unnecessary, others hold the ball for far too long. We need to improve going forward.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 16:27]

#backtojack

ok on 16:28 - Feb 7 with 1772 viewsjasper_T

ok on 16:23 - Feb 7 by Landore_Jack

We need to move the ball quicker. That will exploit the gaps. Some players take extra touches that are unnecessary, others hold the ball for far too long. We need to improve going forward.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 16:27]

Wanting to move the ball quicker is what's leading to all those aimless crosses into two 5'9 guys in a packed penalty area. Palace left Rangel alone for good reason.
ok on 16:40 - Feb 7 with 1754 viewsLandore_Jack

ok on 16:28 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

Wanting to move the ball quicker is what's leading to all those aimless crosses into two 5'9 guys in a packed penalty area. Palace left Rangel alone for good reason.

We need to get more players into the box.

#backtojack

ok on 18:00 - Feb 7 with 1672 viewskarnataka

ok on 16:28 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

The guy who sits next to me said that Rangel was putting in some decent crosses in the first half. I pointed out that they were not the right balls and we needed them on the floor played across behind the last defender like Naughton's ball in for Ayew to score the winner against Villa which was a perfect example of playing to your striker's strengths. Paloschi and Ayew will score more from those than high balls towards the far post. Hopefully, Francesco will get them doing that.
ok on 18:27 - Feb 7 with 1634 viewsjack247

We had 19 shots yesterday and put 3 on target. That isn't a pace issue.

The team that started yesterday were ther team that were very unlucky against West Brom, where the biggest issue was also finishing. Routledge was ok yesterday, not nearly as good as on Tuesday and was rightly subbed, possibly a little too late. Barrow looked great when he came on, but Siggy and Ayew didn't look quite as threatening. Partly because they were tiring probably, but also partly because Barrow is more direct and doesn't bring others into play as much.

Id keep it as it is, or possibly bring in Ki if fit. Keep Barrow as an impact sub as he does it very well.
ok on 17:01 - Feb 8 with 1488 viewsjacktheripper

ok on 16:00 - Feb 7 by Al_Bundy

Routledge is ticking all the right boxes with some of our fans at the moment.

Based on what exactly i'm not quite sure.

Apparently its because he's good at defending, according to some on here. I'd much rather my attacking players have the ability to provide opportunitys to score or even chip in with the odd one or two.
ok on 17:04 - Feb 8 with 1472 viewsvetchonian

ok on 17:01 - Feb 8 by jacktheripper

Apparently its because he's good at defending, according to some on here. I'd much rather my attacking players have the ability to provide opportunitys to score or even chip in with the odd one or two.

Actually Routeledge does keep defenders busy if he was that great a finisher he would not have been the journeyman he has been and certainly would not be here.
Yes he is frustrating with the "chances" he spurns but just watch the work he puts in in attack and the trouble he gives defences allowing space for other players

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024