Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... 11:30 - Feb 7 with 5145 viewsBrynmill_Jack

..........In Porth I think advertised with a pay rate of £4.35 to £6.70 an hour. Is this actually legal?

Further down the ad the claim appears that Farm foods can offer (among other benefits) a "competitive salary".
Who are they competing against exactly? Lidl Vladivostok???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 11:34 - Feb 7 with 3553 viewsDan_Swan

Minimum wage is dependant on age. Perhaps the job is aimed at younger people?

21 and over £6.70

18 to 20 £5.30

Under 18 £3.87

Apprentice* £3.30

Still following Dr's orders!

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 11:36 - Feb 7 with 3546 viewsPozuelosSideys

Yeh. £6.70 is minimum wage for over 21's. The £4.35 is for somebody less than 18.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 12:27 - Feb 7 with 3477 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 11:36 - Feb 7 by PozuelosSideys

Yeh. £6.70 is minimum wage for over 21's. The £4.35 is for somebody less than 18.

Wow. So it IS legal. Should please some of the conservative fan boys on here.

Although better paid jobs yield higher taxes so a better means of reducing the deficit. Quick, someone tell Gideon

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 12:40 - Feb 7 with 3441 viewsjackportis

It is consistent with the job and place of work. If say for example you were in the dentists and they advertised for jobs it would have. Dentist circa 70k+ per year. That's the way of the world. I did a yts scheme which was 29.5 per week. However if one is intelligent one can look past this have a plan, keep your head down work hard and you can apply for better paid jobs. There is no reason why a young kid could take that job and many years be the main man in farm foods.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 12:48 - Feb 7 with 3418 viewsJackfath

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 12:40 - Feb 7 by jackportis

It is consistent with the job and place of work. If say for example you were in the dentists and they advertised for jobs it would have. Dentist circa 70k+ per year. That's the way of the world. I did a yts scheme which was 29.5 per week. However if one is intelligent one can look past this have a plan, keep your head down work hard and you can apply for better paid jobs. There is no reason why a young kid could take that job and many years be the main man in farm foods.

Indeed. Some people expect to be paid "decent" wages for such jobs and would prefer to sit around all day instead of working. They're the same people who then complain that no locals can get jobs as the immigants have them all.

Much of it also depends on your local community and family role models.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:00 - Feb 7 with 3392 viewsexiledclaseboy

No adult with a family can be expected to support themselves on £6.30 an hour. I suppose it'll do as a part time jobs for kids doing their A levels or something.

Poll: Tory leader

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:02 - Feb 7 with 3383 viewsjackportis

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:00 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

No adult with a family can be expected to support themselves on £6.30 an hour. I suppose it'll do as a part time jobs for kids doing their A levels or something.

An adult would get topped up with benefits so it is possible.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:10 - Feb 7 with 3366 viewsexiledclaseboy

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:02 - Feb 7 by jackportis

Yeah which was kind of the point mun. The government has to subsidise low paying employers.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 13:11]

Login to get fewer ads

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:12 - Feb 7 with 3355 viewsJackfath

I'd also expect the employee to get a discount on the food in there so they could fill their family up on the wholesome produce on offer. It's becoming more appealing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:15 - Feb 7 with 3345 viewsjackportis

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:12 - Feb 7 by Jackfath

I'd also expect the employee to get a discount on the food in there so they could fill their family up on the wholesome produce on offer. It's becoming more appealing.

And no tax to pay free uniform pension scheme job security.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:15 - Feb 7 with 3344 viewsexiledclaseboy

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:15 - Feb 7 by jackportis

And no tax to pay free uniform pension scheme job security.

Does farm foods offer a pension scheme then?

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:32 - Feb 7 with 3313 viewsJackfath

They dont look like a good complany to work for. I think the OP should look elsewhere for employment.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Benefits/Farmfoods-UK-Benefits-EI_IE653424.0,9_IL.10

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:51 - Feb 7 with 3282 viewsjackportis

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:15 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Does farm foods offer a pension scheme then?

They will have to from April up to employees to opt out.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 15:25 - Feb 7 with 3190 viewsskippyjack

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 12:48 - Feb 7 by Jackfath

Indeed. Some people expect to be paid "decent" wages for such jobs and would prefer to sit around all day instead of working. They're the same people who then complain that no locals can get jobs as the immigants have them all.

Much of it also depends on your local community and family role models.

F*cking right, especially the way Education, Health and the Police have treated me...

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 15:31 - Feb 7 with 3173 viewsraynor94

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 15:25 - Feb 7 by skippyjack

F*cking right, especially the way Education, Health and the Police have treated me...

Yawn! change the record, you do realize how tedious you are?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 15:33 - Feb 7 with 3164 viewsskippyjack

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 15:31 - Feb 7 by raynor94

Yawn! change the record, you do realize how tedious you are?

The fact is, people don't realise

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 15:50 - Feb 7 with 3140 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:32 - Feb 7 by Jackfath

They dont look like a good complany to work for. I think the OP should look elsewhere for employment.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Benefits/Farmfoods-UK-Benefits-EI_IE653424.0,9_IL.10

Oh, I am employed. I was just highlighting the poor pay.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 16:28 - Feb 7 with 3110 viewsbuilthjack

Any adult should have a reasonable wage. Rent, rates,water, gas , leccy, would be about £700 - £800 a month for a small house. If someone's on £6.70 an hour and being given 37 hours a week that's roughly £248 a week before stoppages. Food, car, etc to buy also.
£6.70 an hour is not enough to live on.
Min wage needs to be £8 - £8.50

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 16:58 - Feb 7 with 3066 viewsfbreath

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 16:28 - Feb 7 by builthjack

Any adult should have a reasonable wage. Rent, rates,water, gas , leccy, would be about £700 - £800 a month for a small house. If someone's on £6.70 an hour and being given 37 hours a week that's roughly £248 a week before stoppages. Food, car, etc to buy also.
£6.70 an hour is not enough to live on.
Min wage needs to be £8 - £8.50

Are you prepared to pay more for what you buy or do you look for cheapest you can buy.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 18:25 - Feb 7 with 3010 viewsjohnlangy

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:02 - Feb 7 by jackportis

Yes it is possible. It's possible because we, as tax payers, subsidise the profits of Farm Foods and many more by topping up the pay of many of the people they employ on minimum wages.

I find it strange that, when a firm is in profit the people at the top are rewarded with huge salaries because of the good job they are doing whereas the people at the bottom don't even get paid enough to live on even though they have also helped create the profit.
Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 19:41 - Feb 7 with 2954 viewsjackportis

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 18:25 - Feb 7 by johnlangy

Yes it is possible. It's possible because we, as tax payers, subsidise the profits of Farm Foods and many more by topping up the pay of many of the people they employ on minimum wages.

I find it strange that, when a firm is in profit the people at the top are rewarded with huge salaries because of the good job they are doing whereas the people at the bottom don't even get paid enough to live on even though they have also helped create the profit.

Do they really help create a profit? Sit on a till, put stock out, told what to do. They follow the basics. Those up the top look at bottom line profit, analysis of what sells, trading agreements with suppliers, the list goes on.. Shops will fill those vacancies ten fold. Next time u go to the supermarket look at a member of staff and ask do they add value to that business.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 19:43 - Feb 7 with 2947 viewsJackfath

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 19:41 - Feb 7 by jackportis

Do they really help create a profit? Sit on a till, put stock out, told what to do. They follow the basics. Those up the top look at bottom line profit, analysis of what sells, trading agreements with suppliers, the list goes on.. Shops will fill those vacancies ten fold. Next time u go to the supermarket look at a member of staff and ask do they add value to that business.

I was in Asda earlier today and I think many of the staff are told to dress down to make the shoppers feel more at home.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 19:52 - Feb 7 with 2932 viewsjackportis

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 19:43 - Feb 7 by Jackfath

I was in Asda earlier today and I think many of the staff are told to dress down to make the shoppers feel more at home.

They never seem to wash or comb their hair Asda staff. U go into next the staff are smart and should get at least a quid an hour more. Right Asda manager... Line staff up tell them to tuck uniforms in, no chewing gum, look happy, walk and work with purpose. No shouting to other colleagues down the aisles it's unprofessional. There that's free.. Standards. Retail is detail.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 19:56 - Feb 7 with 2917 viewsjackportis

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 19:52 - Feb 7 by jackportis

They never seem to wash or comb their hair Asda staff. U go into next the staff are smart and should get at least a quid an hour more. Right Asda manager... Line staff up tell them to tuck uniforms in, no chewing gum, look happy, walk and work with purpose. No shouting to other colleagues down the aisles it's unprofessional. There that's free.. Standards. Retail is detail.

And male colleagues to take earrings out. Not for chav reasons or hygiene but some customers will loose respect.

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 21:20 - Feb 7 with 2840 viewsBanosswan

Just saw a job in farmfoods ......... on 13:10 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah which was kind of the point mun. The government has to subsidise low paying employers.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 13:11]

And yet when the government tried to change tax credit laws, Labour were in uproar?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024