Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon firestick and KODI 17:38 - Feb 12 with 21723 viewsJacandme

Can someone advise if this is a handy investment? Will all this streaming stuff just get blocked?
Amazon firestick and KODI on 18:34 - Feb 15 with 4928 viewsNeathJack

Amazon firestick and KODI on 18:00 - Feb 15 by Elward

The new Exodus addon is amazing!

Yep, looks spot on 👍
Amazon firestick and KODI on 09:49 - Feb 16 with 4827 viewsElward

Anyone else having trouble getting on the Kodi website or is it just me? Was hoping to download it onto laptop to have as backup however the site wont load?
Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:06 - Feb 16 with 4762 viewsElward

Best addon for watchijg Sky sports and BT sports? Tried the links on phoenix for them but they keep saying one or more items failed to play. Was hoping on catching tonights champions league game. Thanks in advance
Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:08 - Feb 16 with 4756 viewsmonmouth

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:06 - Feb 16 by Elward

Best addon for watchijg Sky sports and BT sports? Tried the links on phoenix for them but they keep saying one or more items failed to play. Was hoping on catching tonights champions league game. Thanks in advance

UK turks works for me. If all else fails, Sports Devil is my fail safe.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:12 - Feb 16 with 4750 viewsElward

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:08 - Feb 16 by monmouth

UK turks works for me. If all else fails, Sports Devil is my fail safe.

Thanks mate!
Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:16 - Feb 16 with 4747 viewsmonmouth

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:12 - Feb 16 by Elward

Thanks mate!

Or if on pc, forget kodi and use goatdee on your browser. Been consistently perfect for me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:19 - Feb 16 with 4743 viewsElward

Got Ukturks now and seems fine so far so all good matey! Thank you very much
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 19:20]
Amazon firestick and KODI on 21:04 - Feb 16 with 4687 viewsJack123

Amazon firestick and KODI on 09:49 - Feb 16 by Elward

Anyone else having trouble getting on the Kodi website or is it just me? Was hoping to download it onto laptop to have as backup however the site wont load?

They are back on now, the last 24 hours they have been hit twice by dos attacks they suspect.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:33 - Feb 24 with 4526 viewsairedale

Amazon firestick and KODI on 15:01 - Feb 15 by BLAZE

But Virgin Media's fibre optic network aside, it's the telephone line that 'carries' the Internet connection to your property - that's why you pay line rental. Without renting that line you wouldn't have Internet, so it's not a scam

That Exodus looks promising, and from the Genesis developer too, so could be good

Up until the late 1990s the line coming to your house was called a 'telephone line', its now called a 'digital subscriber line'. Telephone companies at the moment charge you twice for it.

When I get round to it I'm gonna make a complaint to Ofcom and see my MP about it. Why are we always scammed in this country by big businesses?
Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:57 - Feb 24 with 4508 viewsBLAZE

Sorry but I don't understand how you're charged twice?
Amazon firestick and KODI on 15:58 - Feb 25 with 4383 viewsairedale

Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:57 - Feb 24 by BLAZE

Sorry but I don't understand how you're charged twice?

Because I just want to use the DSL for broadband. I have no use for a voice facility as I have a mobile phone contract. If my mobile was broke I'd use (free) VoIP.

There must be millions of people like me.

Virgin will only do business with you if you pay for a useless voice facility, and they charge about £18 a month. If you force the issue with them, and tell them that as far as you are concerned their voice facility is as much use a a chocolate teapot, then they say OK, you ban just have the broadband but we will charge you £28 per month for it.

At least some companies are offering 'free' broadband deals now, probably before they are forced to.
Amazon firestick and KODI on 20:06 - Feb 25 with 4349 viewsLord_Bony

Got my fire stick upstairs. Am really pleased I joined Amazon Prime Well recommended and available on all my devices through the app.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Amazon firestick and KODI on 11:44 - Feb 26 with 4294 viewsBLAZE

Amazon firestick and KODI on 15:58 - Feb 25 by airedale

Because I just want to use the DSL for broadband. I have no use for a voice facility as I have a mobile phone contract. If my mobile was broke I'd use (free) VoIP.

There must be millions of people like me.

Virgin will only do business with you if you pay for a useless voice facility, and they charge about £18 a month. If you force the issue with them, and tell them that as far as you are concerned their voice facility is as much use a a chocolate teapot, then they say OK, you ban just have the broadband but we will charge you £28 per month for it.

At least some companies are offering 'free' broadband deals now, probably before they are forced to.

I understand your issue with Virgin trying to force you to take out a telephone line that you don't want - and isn't needed - as their fibre broadband isn't dependant on an active telephone line, but for virtually all other providers the line rental charge is quite obviously fair

If you don't pay line rental for use of BTs network (which covers maintenance costs of said network) how else are they expected to deliver broadband to your property?

Whether you use that line for its original purpose - making telephone calls - is completely up to you but totally irrelevant here - afterall you are only charged for the 'voice facility' if you make calls, which you clearly don't, so you aren't being charged for it. However you are still using their network for their broadband facility so of course you're gonna have to pay line rental for the privilege
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 11:47]
Amazon firestick and KODI on 23:23 - Feb 26 with 4216 viewsJFSwan

Got a stick with Kodi installed which has decided to stop working. It only boots to the Amazon white logo screen and nothing work.

The internet tells me the device might be ,'bricked ' tried changing power supply and pressing various remote button combos to no luck !.

Anybody ?
Amazon firestick and KODI on 23:47 - Feb 26 with 4210 viewsNeathJack

Amazon firestick and KODI on 11:44 - Feb 26 by BLAZE

I understand your issue with Virgin trying to force you to take out a telephone line that you don't want - and isn't needed - as their fibre broadband isn't dependant on an active telephone line, but for virtually all other providers the line rental charge is quite obviously fair

If you don't pay line rental for use of BTs network (which covers maintenance costs of said network) how else are they expected to deliver broadband to your property?

Whether you use that line for its original purpose - making telephone calls - is completely up to you but totally irrelevant here - afterall you are only charged for the 'voice facility' if you make calls, which you clearly don't, so you aren't being charged for it. However you are still using their network for their broadband facility so of course you're gonna have to pay line rental for the privilege
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 11:47]

Isn't that what the broadband charge is for though?
Amazon firestick and KODI on 09:05 - Feb 27 with 4167 viewsBLAZE

No, the line rental charge ultimately goes to BT for use of their network, whilst the broadband charge is where your provider (for example TalkTalk, EE) make their money and is for the package of broadband you've subscribed to (ie 50mb, unlimited download or whatever)

The two charges are displayed separately because it makes a better advert when you're offering broadband for say less than £5 a month with the line rental charge hidden in the small print. But ultimately the two charges are for two different things, so you aren't being charged twice for the same thing
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 9:09]
Amazon firestick and KODI on 11:57 - Feb 27 with 4113 viewsairedale

Amazon firestick and KODI on 09:05 - Feb 27 by BLAZE

No, the line rental charge ultimately goes to BT for use of their network, whilst the broadband charge is where your provider (for example TalkTalk, EE) make their money and is for the package of broadband you've subscribed to (ie 50mb, unlimited download or whatever)

The two charges are displayed separately because it makes a better advert when you're offering broadband for say less than £5 a month with the line rental charge hidden in the small print. But ultimately the two charges are for two different things, so you aren't being charged twice for the same thing
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 9:09]

In our house, like everyone else, there is one dsl line. The imaginary telephone line provider is BT, and they also provide the broadband. They charge abour £18 for said imaginary telephone line and £15 for the Broadband.

If our provider was say Talk Talk, BT would charge them a wholesale rental for the (one) dsl line. Talk Talk would then have the pleasure of ripping us off.

The government are currently in the process of forcing BT to open up their crap copper network to other providers, but providers are busy expanding their own fibre networks.
Amazon firestick and KODI on 15:38 - Feb 27 with 4050 viewsBLAZE

No. You're charged £18 for use of BTs Open Reach network, and you're charged a further £15 for the broadband package you've elected to have sent through that network to your property. It's kinda like hiring a car - you pay a hire fee for the car (line rental) but you've still got to pay for the fuel you put into it, too (broadband package)

I'm getting dizzy from going around in circles so I'll leave it at that
Amazon firestick and KODI on 18:56 - Feb 27 with 3996 viewsairedale

The BT network is just that. Openreach are the mechanics who are supposed to deal with faults (ha ha!). The single, dsl cable that comes into your hacienda allows a poor broadband connection. Also, if you possess a handset (which I don't) you can use the line to make telephone calls. This dsl line costs me £18 per month rent plus £15 per month rent.

Oh, almost forgot, we've both got mobile phone contracts too, which give us unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and oodles of downloads. Grrr!
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 19:02]
Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:23 - Mar 8 with 3789 viewsElward

Anyone can tell me how i can get rid of the menu bar at the bottom of the screen? Once its up i cant figure out how to get rid of it. Probably something simple but no idea
Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:30 - Mar 8 with 3779 viewsJackfath

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:23 - Mar 8 by Elward

Anyone can tell me how i can get rid of the menu bar at the bottom of the screen? Once its up i cant figure out how to get rid of it. Probably something simple but no idea

I had this issue and couldn't get rid of it. In the end I got some black insulating tape and ran it the whole width of the TV obscuring the bar. Irritating at first but soon got used to it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:37 - Mar 8 with 3775 viewsElward

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:30 - Mar 8 by Jackfath

I had this issue and couldn't get rid of it. In the end I got some black insulating tape and ran it the whole width of the TV obscuring the bar. Irritating at first but soon got used to it.

I was 30 mins into a film when without thinking used the menu bar to pause. Had to watch the other hour and half with it up or start over again. Surely theres a way? Otherwise your idea might be coming into practice
Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:41 - Mar 8 with 3773 viewsNeathJack

Amazon firestick and KODI on 19:23 - Mar 8 by Elward

I assume you mean once a movie, tv show etc is playing?

If so, just press escape if you've got a keyboard, right click if using a mouse or press the back button on your kodi device remote.
Amazon firestick and KODI on 07:31 - Jun 8 with 1920 viewskodikwiz

Amazon firestick and KODI on 17:49 - Feb 12 by Jacandme

£50 jailbroken whatever that means. I dont fancy losing 50 nicker if its no use to be fair.

If you do it correctly, there is no harm. We recommend you referring a well-informed blog. For further details, you may visit:
http://www.kodikwiz.com/install-kodi-18-firestick/

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024