Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any gin connoseurs on here? 18:47 - Feb 18 with 2928 viewssatrdayboy

I've recently had a bottle of tanqueret gin bought for me, and very nice it is to. I've seen the Penderyn gin today in asda and was wondering is it any good.
Any gin connoseurs on here? on 23:31 - Feb 18 with 2862 viewsmax936

Call in Hogarths by the Cross Keys, it's a Gin bar, bastard nuisance when the bar's full and bar staff are busy mixing gins holding peeps like me up when all l want is a beer

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 23:38 - Feb 18 with 2859 viewsPacemaker

It's ok I was introduced to Hendricks gin a few years ago and I believe that it is the one to measure the others against, very pleasant.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 00:21 - Feb 19 with 2843 viewsKerouac

Usually drink 'Bombay Sapphire' or 'Tanqueret' and tonic, with a good squeeze of lime and as much ice as you can cram in, but have recently got into 'Monkey 47'....which I can heartily recommend.
Not tried the Penderyn yet though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 01:45 - Feb 19 with 2823 viewsLeonisGod

Gin festival coming to Swansea soon apparently. If i can find this thread again, I'll post the details when they are released.
Any gin connoseurs on here? on 07:54 - Feb 19 with 2773 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You can't beat a double sapphire with lemonade, slice of lemon and plenty of ice in Hogarts .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 08:08 - Feb 19 with 2762 viewsswanny

Plymouth gin for me - I really don't like Hendricks it tastes like genevre to me (just my personal opinion) I also have a lot of time for the Lidl premium gin (name escapes me) it's got quite a citrusy tang. Always have mine with no ice if I'm at home - chill the glass and keep the tonic in the fridge.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 10:16 - Feb 19 with 2720 viewsJack_y_Jwc

When I go on holiday, I'll always pick up 2 x Gordons (1ltr bottles) for £22 which are 47.5% not the 38% crap you get in supermarkets.

Although, I'm currently drinking a Six o'clock Gin, which has to seved with full fat tonic, plenty of ice and lime.
My all time favourite is a bottle of Martin MIller I had for Christmas a few years ago.

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 10:18 - Feb 19 with 2717 viewsDarran

Razor was the gin expert on here.

Max text him and tell him to get back on here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 10:39 - Feb 19 with 2703 viewslondonlisa2001

Pointless having a good gin and using rubbish tonic. If you're having a quick G&T with a basic gin then no problem, but if you're having an expensive gin then it really makes a difference if you use something like Fever Tree rather than Schweppes or supermarket tonic. A lot of the taste is coming from the tonic.

In a gin place, they'll never use cheap tonic.

Edited to add: by the way Tanqueray Ten is very nice.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 10:44]
Any gin connoseurs on here? on 17:57 - Feb 19 with 2637 viewsmalagajack

Larios hits the spot for me
Any gin connoseurs on here? on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 2626 viewsmax936

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 07:54 - Feb 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

You can't beat a double sapphire with lemonade, slice of lemon and plenty of ice in Hogarts .

Posh tw@t, slurp a proper drink mun

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 18:22 - Feb 19 with 2620 viewsmax936

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 10:18 - Feb 19 by Darran

Razor was the gin expert on here.

Max text him and tell him to get back on here.

No chance, top man is Razor he won't be back on here though.

Any gin connoseurs on here? on 20:56 - Feb 19 with 2564 viewsleighton1318

If you ever see a gin called Rock Rose try it. It is my wife's current fave. comes from Shetland. Particularly herbal.

The Botanist, from Islay, is also a good 'winter' gin in her view - very strongly flavoured.

She (who is the gin drinker in the house) also rates Portobello Road, which may be more widely available.

Don't quite get this Fever Tree stuff. Do you want to taste the gin, or the tonic?
Any gin connoseurs on here? on 21:05 - Feb 19 with 2559 viewsDan_Swan

I've tried your bog standard gins over the years, but the best I've tasted was Sipsmith's bloody superb

Still following Dr's orders!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024