Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager appointment 21:18 - Mar 21 with 1894 viewsyogibear_412

I hope the board are not just scratching around like they were when Monks reign was coming to an end. I'm hoping that Huw has just been treading water and has a master stroke up his sleeve. I'm glad Guiolin has had respect from the fans and if he should get the job I'd get behind him - but part of me is saying for next season - new direction - new management and we reinstate our philosophy of pass and move football.

If we end up just giving him the job at the end of the summer I'll not be impressed as the club will have had plenty of time to come up with a plan.

Next manager appointment on 12:16 - Mar 22 with 1751 viewsmax936

John Harston talking on Talksport earlier said that Wales need to give Chris Coleman what he wants, because Swansea City could jump in with a good offer to him to manage us, l can't really see that happening, particularly as he's often said that he could never manage his home town club, the pressures would be to great.

Could be an interesting one though, considering he's done well at Wales and didn't do that bad a job at Fulham until the money ran out.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2016 17:07]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Next manager appointment on 12:28 - Mar 22 with 1717 viewsjackjackjackjack

The board weren't scratching around, they offered the job to Rodgers, Bielsa and probably others, they all refused because we were in a relegation battle.

I'm glad they took their time, and gave the job to Guidolin, who looks likely to achieve survival, rather than rushing to appoint someone who was willing to do the job, but didn't fit in with the club's future plans.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2016 12:52]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Next manager appointment on 12:36 - Mar 22 with 1687 viewscrix

as I don't see much point writing a similar thing out again ill just copy/paste what I wrote on the OTHER thread about next seasons manager.

it wouldn't be the end of the world if Brenda came back but I wouldn't be very enthused by his return.

guidolin is a weird one though I'm not sure whats going on there, the villa performance was woeful, but as has been pointed out already hes obviously setting up not to lose and maybe pinch a goal a la typical Italian to get us across the finishing line of survival. however hes not known for that style of play, so maybe a square peg in a round hole at the moment? maybe he could give us what we want with a pre season and his own players, who knows.

personally though Id like us to really have a proper go at getting sampaoli, not a half arsed attempt that we seem to think happened after monks demise. ofc its a bit of a risk being as he has not managed in the premier league before, but sometimes you need to take a chance. i fancy he could find us a few south American starlets too for decent money given his knowledge of that continent.

to sum up, whoever the board decides is the person to take us forward they need to get it sorted as soon as the season ends. so whoever is in charge can have as much time as possible to sort out who we are getting rid of and who the replacements are going to be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024