Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English 'yobs' 07:18 - Jun 13 with 9138 viewscaerleon_jack

I used to work with a guy that follows England all over the world. Hasn't missed a game in about 20 years, home or away. I'm still in contact with him through Facebook and his posts over the last 24 hours have been quite interesting. He is a sensible and honest lad, and I would trust what he says implicitly.

The violence that has taken place over the last few days has been planned and organised by Russian gangs, Marsaille ultras and local yobs. They have generally been 'tooled up' and have more often than not targeted groups of England fans that include families who are out eating in local cafes and restaurants. There is no denial that there has not been retaliation from England fans, but the general chain of events is as follows.

Scumbags turn up and attack England fans. England fans react and retaliate. Meanwhile, French police who have watched the attackers congregate and prepare, allow the fighting to begin before showering everyone with tear gas, followed by water cannons. At this point the majority of the attackers run away and the England fans are left with all the chaos around them to shoulder the blame. Of course, the issue with tear gas is that it affects anyone in the vicinity, not just those fighting, so the amount of innocent bystanders (French/English/whoever) who have been left with stinging eyes and difficulty breathing is disgusting, and amongst these are plenty of women and children.

The England fans themselves are incredibly disappointed with the way this has been reported by the English media, they feel that it has been totally misrepresented and that a lot of the good work that has gone on to restore their reputation since Euro 2000 is being destroyed, not just by a local police force who are not interested in protecting them from organised violence, but by a British media that is not presenting the truth.

Be as cynical as you want, but I trust this guy to be telling the truth, and what seems to be happening to the 99% of England fans who are just trying to enjoy this football tournament is disgraceful.

Insert something witty here

English 'yobs' on 17:19 - Jun 13 with 1762 viewsBrynmill_Jack

English 'yobs' on 08:53 - Jun 13 by Landore_Jack

The French response is to ban alcohol near venues and fan zones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36513700

At least the English will be sober enough when the Russians steam into them next time. F*cking French are c*nts (well the police I mean)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

English 'yobs' on 17:21 - Jun 13 with 1765 viewsWingstandwood

English 'yobs' on 16:33 - Jun 13 by FieryJack

Kingsclere, Caerleon & Private Partz - agree with all you say.

On a side note, I remember being surprised to read - about 20 years ago - some interviews with "hardcore" hooligans from various English club sides (Stoke, Chelsea, Newcastle amongst many others) who, whilst supporting England, would never follow England abroad because they considered their followers to be lightweights on the whole. In fact, they more or less derided their compatriots as being largely middle class & not proper hooligans at all. This makes more sense to me now.

It explains why, for example, the vast majority of England flags that I've seen on display over the years are from such hotbeds of thuggery (joke) as Cheltenham, Basingstoke, Bingley, Broadstairs etc.

Put another way: what do you think would have happened if those Russian fans, at the end of Saturday night's game, instead of wading into seats occupied by mainly affluent, middle class, family-oriented English fans, had instead tried to trespass into an away end full of Liverpool or Leeds or West Ham or Cardiff (pick your own club) fans?

They would, I wager, have met a far more violent reaction, and would have ended up being run back into their own seats.

I am not impressed in the slightest by a bunch of (many carrying weapons) East European bullies using surprise and the large number of an organised marauding gang to attack families/pop and crisps supporters.

They bang on about English drunkenness?...... But I do rather get the vibe that the Russians are themselves drunk on anabolic/androgenic medication. Now?.... That does rather make them (side-effects) far braver and aggressive whilst giving them a physical edge.

These 'roiders' have various names of derogatory theme e.g. honey monsters, water babies, cocktail heroes etc..... Take em seriously? Take "the gear" away from them, take them away from the safety of a superior in number 'juiced-up' gang? What do you end up with exactly?......A bunch of insecure and immature saddoes whose theme tune should be Gary Glitters "Do you wanna be in my gang".

Argus!

English 'yobs' on 17:26 - Jun 13 with 1750 viewsBrynmill_Jack

English 'yobs' on 17:21 - Jun 13 by Wingstandwood

I am not impressed in the slightest by a bunch of (many carrying weapons) East European bullies using surprise and the large number of an organised marauding gang to attack families/pop and crisps supporters.

They bang on about English drunkenness?...... But I do rather get the vibe that the Russians are themselves drunk on anabolic/androgenic medication. Now?.... That does rather make them (side-effects) far braver and aggressive whilst giving them a physical edge.

These 'roiders' have various names of derogatory theme e.g. honey monsters, water babies, cocktail heroes etc..... Take em seriously? Take "the gear" away from them, take them away from the safety of a superior in number 'juiced-up' gang? What do you end up with exactly?......A bunch of insecure and immature saddoes whose theme tune should be Gary Glitters "Do you wanna be in my gang".

Aye. But the do look fighting fit. Not an ounce of flab on those boys

English 'yobs' (n/t) on 17:30 - Jun 13 with 1748 viewsdailew

English 'yobs' on 08:19 - Jun 13 by Kingsclere_Jack

I am English and was in Marseille and that post is fairly accurate. England fans were by no means innocent and I am not defending their behavior. However, there were two completely different levels of trouble in Marseille. Some England fans were generally getting drunk and getting rowdy and they were the ones who had tear gas used on them for a few nights. They were behaving like idiots but nothing too serious. Again, I am not defending them but it is the sort of thing that is easy to avoid if you do not want to be involved with it.
The Russians, however were really looking for trouble. They were sober and organised and were going round attacking people. There was loads of trouble on the way to the ground. The bar we were in watching the Wales game got hit as Russians. were randomly attacking people outside The bar had women and children in it as well as fans from both countries. (Most fans from both England and Russia are here for a good time and to enjoy themsleves just like the Welsh are!) The police did absolutely nothing to stop it except use more tear gas. It was the worst football trouble I have ever seen and there were only six arrests which says a lot.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 17:31]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

English 'yobs' on 17:40 - Jun 13 with 1710 viewsWingstandwood

English 'yobs' on 17:26 - Jun 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Aye. But the do look fighting fit. Not an ounce of flab on those boys

Winstrol, Trenbolone, and Anavar? What better medication and well known for (specifically) that very look...............Hey presto take you pick of various 'medication' for anabolic effect, androgenic effect, fat removal effect etc........ the 'stacking-cocktail' can be itemised and administered specifically for individual requirement.

Argus!

English 'yobs' on 17:43 - Jun 13 with 1696 viewsLandore_Jack

On a side note, I remember being surprised to read - about 20 years ago - some interviews with "hardcore" hooligans from various English club sides (Stoke, Chelsea, Newcastle amongst many others) who, whilst supporting England, would never follow England abroad because they considered their followers to be lightweights on the whole. In fact, they more or less derided their compatriots as being largely middle class & not proper hooligans at all. This makes more sense to me now.

It explains why, for example, the vast majority of England flags that I've seen on display over the years are from such hotbeds of thuggery (joke) as Cheltenham, Basingstoke, Bingley, Broadstairs etc.

Put another way: what do you think would have happened if those Russian fans, at the end of Saturday night's game, instead of wading into seats occupied by mainly affluent, middle class, family-oriented English fans, had instead tried to trespass into an away end full of Liverpool or Leeds or West Ham or Cardiff (pick your own club) fans?

They would, I wager, have met a far more violent reaction, and would have ended up being run back into their own seats.

There are alot of English hooligans that did not travel because they have a banning order.

#backtojack

English 'yobs' on 17:52 - Jun 13 with 1674 viewsraynor94

The ones I feel sorry for is the poor English scarfers, who copped it in the stadium, the so called hooligan brigade who gave it the big one for two nights before the Russians arrived are still running, the French authorities have been pathetic, about time these Russians were arrested, surely there's enough video evidence about

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

English 'yobs' on 18:02 - Jun 13 with 1650 viewsBrynmill_Jack

English 'yobs' on 17:43 - Jun 13 by Landore_Jack

There are alot of English hooligans that did not travel because they have a banning order.

It's quite sad and ironic really. The instant the English authorities through banning orders stripped the loons from the traveling support to allow the families and scarfers to travel in safety those same peaceful fans reap the wrath of the seeds sown by aforementioned idiots.
May have been a different story for the Russians if big mobs of hardened Leeds/Millwall/WHU and other notorious "firms" were there to face them.

Login to get fewer ads

English 'yobs' on 18:13 - Jun 13 with 1640 viewsjackrabbit

What you say is very pertinent. There's a picture in today's Telegraph showing a scene from inside the Stade Velodrome on Saturday. A fat harmless-looking English fan in an 'Ellesse' t-shirt, recoils in horror, his hands raised in front of him in an attempt to defend himself, as a Russian thug in an incongruous tweed deer-stalker hat, fists clenched, is just about to punch him in the face.

I know what thugs look like, and this Englishman is a pussy not a thug. Wrong place wrong time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024