Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? 10:42 - Jun 28 with 8214 viewsKerouac

This is what I think...

The referendum was "non-binding",
we have yet to invoke 'article 50' and can do so at our leisure.
The EU wants us to exit ASAP and desires a swift conclusion.
Why?
Because it is creating financial turmoil for them too....because they are prevented from moving forward with deeper union until this has been resolved....and because it is creating tensions within individual states, there is a serious risk of EU break-up.

Despite wishing for a swift conclusion they have stated that there will be "no informal negotiations" and that "negotiations will only begin once 'Article 50' is invoked".

Frankly, the decision for when we invoke 'Article 50' is out of their hands....and the more they stamp their feet and be unreasonable the more the political tensions in their own countries and between EU states increase.

I can see us dragging this out and creating as much mischief as possible within the EU.
Nothing has changed at the moment....all the anxiety concerns what speculators are doing in financial markets.
The longer this drags on, the longer the financial uncertainty, the more the political tensions in the EU increase.

They will HAVE to start informal negotiations with us.
There is NOTHING they can do about the timescale.
We will hold out for a good deal and we will get it or the EU will burn down.
Why?
Mass youth unemployment, piss weak economies, mass immigration, TTIP and terrorism.
The Greeks are now anti-EU, the party making all the gains in Italy are Eurosceptic, an anti-EU party in Germany is increasing in the polls, France have Marine Le Pen on the far right demanding a referendum and many on the far left unhappy with the EU, the Eastern European states have openly disobeyed the EU, Poland is already stating that it is the EU who should be bending to keep the UK, There are tensions in Holland and Scandinavia too....the EU does not win at the ballot box in any European state.
The other European citizens will be demanding their say at the ballot box.

We have the cards, we now just need someone with a cool head to play them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 17:54 - Jun 28 with 1116 viewsskippyjack

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 17:18 - Jun 28 by johnlangy

I can't remember who said it but they stated that our exports/imports to Eire are more than to the entire commonwealth.

We'll be able to set up new trade deals once we've left the EU but the disparity between our current EU deals and the commonwealth ones are incomparable in size.

Lohengrin.. This is what the education system is producing mind.. They consider me a dumb, stupid, thick pleb.. but come on mun.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 18:28 - Jun 28 with 1090 viewsWatchman

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 13:06 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

It's increasingly apparent that the article 50 delay may be partly political games from Cameron against Boris, partly a chance to try to get some sort of stability in the markets, but also partly because there is absolutely no plan whatsoever for this and no one has the faintest idea what to do and with the exception possibly of Farage, who has no mandate to do anything, nobody on the leave side actually thinks anything other than it's a disaster.

There is no way DC would invoke it as he does not want to be seen as the PM that broke up the UK, he will leave that to those that wanted it(leave) and they will have to deal with the consequences
All this has done is show the politicians for what they are, untalented and useless with not one with a spine or any form of leadership for the common good
It is such a mess its almost as if it had been engineered!
There will be 33 degree Freemasons salivating over this nonsense
ordo ab chao

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 18:35 - Jun 28 with 1077 viewsyescomeon

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 17:54 - Jun 28 by skippyjack

Lohengrin.. This is what the education system is producing mind.. They consider me a dumb, stupid, thick pleb.. but come on mun.

Don't consider you any of those things mate. Baring the Commonwealth countries that are in the EU, surely trade with commonwealth nations is inherently more costly due to the distance of those countries from the UK. Also, the EU is a bigger economy that the Commonwealth. Leaving the EU to trade with the Commonwealth instead seems counter-intuitive to me.

Upthecity!

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 18:49 - Jun 28 with 1068 viewsskippyjack

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 18:35 - Jun 28 by yescomeon

Don't consider you any of those things mate. Baring the Commonwealth countries that are in the EU, surely trade with commonwealth nations is inherently more costly due to the distance of those countries from the UK. Also, the EU is a bigger economy that the Commonwealth. Leaving the EU to trade with the Commonwealth instead seems counter-intuitive to me.

will the EU want to cease trading with the entire commonwealth?.. the 3rd most powerful economy in the world.. The EU could potentially drop down below us.

I think they're underestimating the UKs exit.. especially on their economy.

Our economy will obviously drop.. but the EU are underestimating their drop.

millions around Europe are panicking by the UKs exit..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 18:59 - Jun 28 with 1056 viewsjackonicko

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 16:24 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

You and many others I suspect ...

Cheer me up by saying you're going to the U.S. so I can laugh if the Trumpster gets in will you !

Nah. A country that embraces free trade areas, financial services and deals with pesky things like democracy via (benign) dictatorship.

Singapore.
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 19:05 - Jun 28 with 1050 viewslondonlisa2001

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 18:59 - Jun 28 by jackonicko

Nah. A country that embraces free trade areas, financial services and deals with pesky things like democracy via (benign) dictatorship.

Singapore.

Oh wow !

Beautiful botanical gardens and some great shops ;-)

With work?
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 19:24 - Jun 28 with 1031 viewsKerouac

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 14:46 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

Well they've definitely been helped by the BofE injecting billions in to the markets today :-)

In all honesty, Mark Carney is playing a blinder at the moment.

Oh...how much money has the BoE "injected into markets" today?

You do realise that Mark Carmey is just the front man don't you....there are teams of people working to a well laid out plan.

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 19:32 - Jun 28 with 1017 viewsyescomeon

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 18:49 - Jun 28 by skippyjack

will the EU want to cease trading with the entire commonwealth?.. the 3rd most powerful economy in the world.. The EU could potentially drop down below us.

I think they're underestimating the UKs exit.. especially on their economy.

Our economy will obviously drop.. but the EU are underestimating their drop.

millions around Europe are panicking by the UKs exit..

Does the UK leaving mean they have to? There would still be 2 more commonwealth countries in the EU even if the UK leaves.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 19:46 - Jun 28 with 1002 viewslondonlisa2001

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 19:24 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

You do realise that Mark Carmey is just the front man don't you....there are teams of people working to a well laid out plan.

What do you mean he's just the front man? I don't understand. He is the Bank of England surely. I mean he may have an assistant I suppose - I have heard talk of an old lady but that's something to do with a needle or something. Does she take up his trousers do you think? Or has she retired now?

Is he just on his own now - in that big building as well - do you think he's lonely?

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 20:07 - Jun 28 with 978 viewsWarwickHunt

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 19:24 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

It's Carney, and yes, he doesn't run the BoE on his own...
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 21:02 - Jun 28 with 938 viewssherpajacob

Brexit :The Blackest of black comedies.
We ve had remain voters hijacking a leave voters petition
IDS saying "I never said that" about the campaigns flagship slogan.
Labour MPs in revolt even though their supporters actually voted overwhelming to remain.
People who voted leave to stop Muslims coming in from Africa.
Boris is now in favour of the single market and free movement

and now this which I think would be the ultimately irony. A main leave issue was the fact that our own parliament no longer had control of Great Britain.. Vote leave and take back control they said.

In transpires that our parliament and MPs do have control and the ultimate say after all. We've voted to give control to our own parliamentary democracy, and our elected representatives when presented with Article 50, are well within their rights to say,, "No, we'll stay as we are thank you" I trust they do just that.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/27/stop-brexit-mp-vote-refere

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 21:03 - Jun 28 with 938 viewsKerouac

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 19:46 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

What do you mean he's just the front man? I don't understand. He is the Bank of England surely. I mean he may have an assistant I suppose - I have heard talk of an old lady but that's something to do with a needle or something. Does she take up his trousers do you think? Or has she retired now?

Is he just on his own now - in that big building as well - do you think he's lonely?

Wonderful, and how much money has the BoE "injected into markets" today?

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 21:05 - Jun 28 with 928 viewsKerouac

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 20:07 - Jun 28 by WarwickHunt

It's Carney, and yes, he doesn't run the BoE on his own...

Is this spot the typo.

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 21:41 - Jun 28 with 903 viewsWarwickHunt

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 21:05 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

Is this spot the typo.

No, it's spot the f*ckwit.
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:20 - Jun 28 with 881 viewsKerouac

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 21:41 - Jun 28 by WarwickHunt

No, it's spot the f*ckwit.

Oh that's easy, that'll be Worra pedantic Kunt.

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:30 - Jun 28 with 871 viewsWarwickHunt

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:20 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

Oh that's easy, that'll be Worra pedantic Kunt.

Thanks for pointing out that the governor of the BoE has staff.

Dopey c*nt.
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:39 - Jun 28 with 861 viewsdailew

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 13:05 - Jun 28 by Lord_Bony

Lads n lasses.

It's good to have debate... the country is split right down the middle over it.

Half say the future of the UK is better out.

Half say the future is better in.

The simple answer is none of us know the outcome.

Myself, I prefer to take the example of Iceland. Since leaving the EU and jailing their incompetent bankers a few years back they have flourished as an island and are trading happily with the world....things have never been better for them...

There is no reason why we can't do the same...only better.

All this gloom and doom,I don't buy it. Long term things will pan out just fine,we are a strong country with a good future for us all.

Iceland have never been in the EU.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:48 - Jun 28 with 850 viewslondonlisa2001

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 21:03 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

Wonderful, and how much money has the BoE "injected into markets" today?

£3.072bn via an ITLR. Next scheduled for 5th July for £5bn.

Overall, pledged £250bn in support of Brexit.
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:50 - Jun 28 with 849 viewsKerouac

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:30 - Jun 28 by WarwickHunt

Thanks for pointing out that the governor of the BoE has staff.

Dopey c*nt.

Well it needed pointing out as some were wittering nonsense like "thank god for Mark Carney" or some such drivel.....
Like he is the most important factor in the resilience of the UK economy, he alone stood there with his finger in the dyke, one Canadian between us and armageddon....

.... as opposed to the facts
- that the BoE has always paid it's debts, a proud record that has stood for hundreds of years.
- that we have our own currency and therefore have all the tools at our disposal to stabilise the situation ourselves
- that we have had literally YEARS to prepare for this (the Scottish referendum being the dry run), to prepare our banks to run through all likely scenarios....there has long been a plan in place that involves a great number of people both in planning the strategy and implementing the plan.

BUT THANK FUKK FOR MARK CARNEY.
Let's all get down on our knees and genuflect before the guy because he's the bloke that reads out the statements on TV.

Talking of "dopey kunts" can you tell me how much money the BoE has "injected into markets" today?
Got another snappy one liner for me
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 22:51]

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:53 - Jun 28 with 842 viewsKerouac

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:48 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

£3.072bn via an ITLR. Next scheduled for 5th July for £5bn.

Overall, pledged £250bn in support of Brexit.

£250bn is the back stop.

£3bn in loans to provide liquidity to banks as a precaution.....that is it in total.
Which as you know, in this context, is not a lot of money.

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 23:00 - Jun 28 with 821 viewsWarwickHunt

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:50 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

Well it needed pointing out as some were wittering nonsense like "thank god for Mark Carney" or some such drivel.....
Like he is the most important factor in the resilience of the UK economy, he alone stood there with his finger in the dyke, one Canadian between us and armageddon....

- that the BoE has always paid it's debts, a proud record that has stood for hundreds of years.
- that we have our own currency and therefore have all the tools at our disposal to stabilise the situation ourselves
- that we have had literally YEARS to prepare for this (the Scottish referendum being the dry run), to prepare our banks to run through all likely scenarios....there has long been a plan in place that involves a great number of people both in planning the strategy and implementing the plan.

Let's all get down on our knees and genuflect before the guy because he's the bloke that reads out the statements on TV.

Talking of "dopey kunts" can you tell me how much money the BoE has "injected into markets" today?

I refer you to Lisa's response above. She's already schooled you in this thread.

Talking of schooling - try to use question marks where needed and refrain from using apostrophes with the possessive pronoun. An ellipsis is three dots, not four.

You'll look less of a pompous tw@t.
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 23:05 - Jun 28 with 813 viewsKerouac

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 23:00 - Jun 28 by WarwickHunt

I refer you to Lisa's response above. She's already schooled you in this thread.

Talking of schooling - try to use question marks where needed and refrain from using apostrophes with the possessive pronoun. An ellipsis is three dots, not four.

You'll look less of a pompous tw@t.

Of course, it was me who was schooled.

I'll argue the points at hand and provide the perspective, you stick to the grammar and the excitable fanny routine sweetheart.

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 23:10 - Jun 28 with 1099 viewslondonlisa2001

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:50 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

I said Carney was playing a blinder nothing about genuflecting or that he was single handedly doing anything.

I know damn well what's involved and there are 'a great number of people' involved. I personally have two friends who are just as an example.

He has done well in the past few days - while the Chancellor, Shadow Chancellor and all members of the leave campaign were significantly absent.
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 23:12 - Jun 28 with 1098 viewsWarwickHunt

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 23:05 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

Of course, it was me who was schooled.

I'll argue the points at hand and provide the perspective, you stick to the grammar and the excitable fanny routine sweetheart.

Aren't we due this week's essay on how fab the Lib Dems are?

Hurry up, mun - we're all gagging....
EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 23:17 - Jun 28 with 1088 viewslondonlisa2001

EU negotiations - How do you see them panning out? on 22:53 - Jun 28 by Kerouac

£250bn is the back stop.

£3bn in loans to provide liquidity to banks as a precaution.....that is it in total.
Which as you know, in this context, is not a lot of money.

It's only been two days! As I said another £5bn is going in next week (Tuesday).

So that's £8.1bn - as you say, not a lot in some ways, but quite a lot in 10 days given that the annual budget for the Welsh Government last year was £15.3bn.

The 'backstop' as you casually describe it, is real - it's a commitment to inject that amount if needed, not an assurance given off the hoof.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024