Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL Cup 12:36 - Jul 6 with 5304 viewsjakarmi

Looks like our Academy side/ U21s will be in this next season. I cant see any negative in this as will line up our younger players against lower league teams - good for their development. Sorry if been posted before but cant see it anywhere.
EFL Cup on 12:40 - Jul 6 with 5286 viewsAl_Bundy

Be good to see where they are in their development.

Get rolled heavily by Newport could be a worrying sign.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2016 20:13]
EFL Cup on 12:41 - Jul 6 with 5282 viewsjakarmi

Could also let us scout the best youngsters from lower leagues as there are talented players there to be found
EFL Cup on 12:44 - Jul 6 with 5275 viewsexiledinenglandjack

It'll be interesting to see our loan policy this year, think we'll see some of our brightest stay pre-Christmas to take part in this
EFL Cup on 12:51 - Jul 6 with 5246 viewsjackjackjackjack

They'll be playing home matches at the Liberty?

If so, keep the prices cheap, and get some new fans on the seats.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

EFL Cup on 17:18 - Jul 7 with 5041 viewsAngelRangelQS

Good for us and it should be interesting to see our approach to it. We can field 5 over 21 players in our side too.

Good for the game as a whole though? How would we feel if we were down there?
EFL Cup on 17:23 - Jul 7 with 5025 viewsChrisSCFC

EFL Cup on 17:18 - Jul 7 by AngelRangelQS

Good for us and it should be interesting to see our approach to it. We can field 5 over 21 players in our side too.

It's a joke.
EFL Cup on 17:25 - Jul 7 with 5019 viewsChrisSCFC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3679020/Tottenham-join-Manches

Tottenham & Man U have pulled out.
EFL Cup on 17:39 - Jul 7 with 4981 viewsPhil_S

EFL Cup on 17:18 - Jul 7 by AngelRangelQS

We would be majorly p*ssed off an against it if we were in the lower leagues

I actually don't agree with it but clearly that's what the authorities want so we should take the chance
Login to get fewer ads

EFL Cup on 17:40 - Jul 7 with 4978 viewsChrisSCFC

EFL Cup on 17:39 - Jul 7 by Phil_S

I actually don't agree with it but clearly that's what the authorities want so we should take the chance

Liverpool set to pull out too apparently.
EFL Cup on 17:50 - Jul 7 with 4954 viewsAngelRangelQS

EFL Cup on 17:39 - Jul 7 by Phil_S

Absolutely.

If we were in league one, the likes of Sheffield United, Bolton, Coventry - if they were in the PL would be taking full advantage and therefore so should we. We don't owe anybody a duty of care
EFL Cup on 18:23 - Jul 7 with 4897 viewsJack_Kass

At the end of the day it'll be judged by the number of people who turn up to watch it, not whether the young players truly get any development from it.

The format that they decided upon will probably kill it more than anything else

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

EFL Cup on 19:20 - Jul 7 with 4819 viewsjasper_T

League One and Two sides will stuff most academy teams.

We've got a competitive Cat One u21 team, and our better players have proven capable of playing for poor League Two fare like Yeovil.

The lower league teams will enjoy themselves, and the kids will get some life lessons.
EFL Cup on 20:48 - Jul 7 with 4721 viewsKilkennyjack

EFL Cup on 17:23 - Jul 7 by ChrisSCFC

It's a joke.

I agree.

Beware of the Risen People

EFL Cup on 21:58 - Jul 7 with 4665 viewsOxOsp

EFL Cup on 20:48 - Jul 7 by Kilkennyjack

I agree.

Me too.

Getting to the Autoglass Final for our first trip to Wembley was a magical experience. My daughter's first Swan's game was the Carlisle Final at the Millennium Stadium.

This is the FA Cup for the smaller teams. A real treat for the fans. The prospect of Chelsea's Academy playing West Ham's Academy at Wembley in front of no fans should send a shudder through everyone.

The way to develop players is getting them into the Premier League teams or send them out on loan to play with lower league first teams.
EFL Cup on 22:06 - Jul 7 with 4650 viewshobo

An excellent idea and I'm looking forward to seeing our youngsters testing themselves in the competition
EFL Cup on 22:10 - Jul 7 with 4643 viewsJack_Kass

It's easy to be look at it with rose tinted specs, but my last memory of this competition was Martinez subbing players off after 10 minutes, so that could meet the 'first team player' quota.

It's thought of as a distraction among lower league clubs, until they get to the final.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

EFL Cup on 10:06 - Jul 8 with 4515 viewsOxOsp

EFL Cup on 22:10 - Jul 7 by Jack_Kass

It's easy to be look at it with rose tinted specs, but my last memory of this competition was Martinez subbing players off after 10 minutes, so that could meet the 'first team player' quota.

It's thought of as a distraction among lower league clubs, until they get to the final.

To some extent. But people enjoy it because it gives a chance of getting to Wembley. This idea demeans the competition and does nothing to develop players.

I'm a regular at AFC Wimbledon and they are fuming about it.
EFL Cup on 12:54 - Jul 8 with 4435 viewshobo

EFL Cup on 10:06 - Jul 8 by OxOsp

To some extent. But people enjoy it because it gives a chance of getting to Wembley. This idea demeans the competition and does nothing to develop players.

A good L1 side should really be beating a Premier League U21 side, so I see no problems with it.
EFL Cup on 15:39 - Jul 8 with 4364 viewsOxOsp

Premier League teams already declining the invitation. They have until 11th July to make a decision. Which means their places will be offered to Cat 1 Academies in the Championship like Aston Villa, Fulham, Norwich and Reading.

What a farce.
EFL Cup on 13:33 - Jul 27 with 4093 viewsOxOsp

EFL Cup on 10:06 - Jul 8 by OxOsp

Oh, the irony....
EFL Cup on 15:36 - Jul 27 with 4006 views3swan

A bit condescending and I can’t see what our youngsters would gain from a couple of games., where a loan period would be of more benefit.
Most clubs put out weakened teams for the early stages, so would there be an interest of a league 1 or 2 team playing a youth (basically) team from the Prem
EFL Cup on 16:01 - Jul 27 with 3963 viewsjasper_T

EFL Cup on 15:36 - Jul 27 by 3swan

A bit condescending and I can’t see what our youngsters would gain from a couple of games., where a loan period would be of more benefit.
Most clubs put out weakened teams for the early stages, so would there be an interest of a league 1 or 2 team playing a youth (basically) team from the Prem

We're not turning down loan offers for these academy players. They aren't good enough for League football. Many never will be (unless you mean League of Wales).

The ones good enough to go on loan will go. The academy sides will feature a mix of younger/poorer prospects, and those on the fringes of the first team who are kept around for emergencies.
EFL Cup on 19:07 - Jul 27 with 3883 viewsSgorioFruit

SgorioFruit has just found out about the draw and the fact that a Swans team will be playing Newport County

wahey.

cant wait

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

EFL Cup on 17:08 - Aug 16 with 3701 viewsCountyJim

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14685091.Trophy_dates_confirmed_for_Newpo

Confirmed as October 4th
EFL Cup on 18:22 - Aug 16 with 3583 viewsBYMJacks

swans under 23s are playing afc wimbledon in this cup a week tuesday away is anyone going to this one me and my cousin are going to this one and newport as it is two grounds to tick off
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024