Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke played a blinder 10:01 - Jul 23 with 3041 viewsGoldminer

Forced our hand into paying more for Joey than we wanted. Made Ki excess to requirements with Joey's arrival and so they get the man they want.
Stoke played a blinder on 10:08 - Jul 23 with 3002 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Then we just charge more for Ki, innit

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke played a blinder on 10:11 - Jul 23 with 2983 viewsraynor94

10 million please

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Stoke played a blinder on 10:17 - Jul 23 with 2956 viewsMattG

Arguably we forced our own hand by not getting a deal sorted sooner.

Regardless, I still see £13m or thereabouts for Joe as a good deal in the current market and if we can get anything close to £10m for Ki then happy days.
Stoke played a blinder on 10:23 - Jul 23 with 2913 viewsjacabertawe

Stoke played a blinder on 10:17 - Jul 23 by MattG

Regardless, I still see £13m or thereabouts for Joe as a good deal in the current market and if we can get anything close to £10m for Ki then happy days.

I agree.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Stoke played a blinder on 10:31 - Jul 23 with 2852 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Being a bit premature aren't we?
Stoke played a blinder on 12:20 - Jul 23 with 2531 viewsJacTawe

It all sounds good, but may I ask where has this information come from? Is there evidence out there that we are on the verge of signing Allen and that Stoke want Ki?

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Stoke played a blinder on 12:32 - Jul 23 with 2473 viewsraynor94

Stoke played a blinder on 12:20 - Jul 23 by JacTawe

It all sounds good, but may I ask where has this information come from? Is there evidence out there that we are on the verge of signing Allen and that Stoke want Ki?

Huw said last night we are interested in Joe, and the post reported we turned down a 7 million offer from Stoke

Stoke played a blinder on 12:46 - Jul 23 with 2393 viewsheadcleaner

Be nice to keep em both. Both offer different things and a great option in the middle of the park.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke played a blinder on 12:57 - Jul 23 with 2336 viewsJacTawe

Stoke played a blinder on 12:32 - Jul 23 by raynor94

Huw said last night we are interested in Joe, and the post reported we turned down a 7 million offer from Stoke

Thank you, it makes sense, it could also be putting two and two together and making five.
Let's hope it's the first!

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Stoke played a blinder on 13:38 - Jul 23 with 2232 viewsItchySphincter

We'll be lucky to get £10 for Ki. Let's be honest, would anyone miss him even if we didn't sign Joe Allen?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Stoke played a blinder on 14:28 - Jul 23 with 2107 viewsicecoldjack

I agree also.
Stoke played a blinder on 14:32 - Jul 23 with 2093 viewsraynor94

In fairness how could we have got the deal done earlier, he's under contract, the window didn't open till July first, he was at the Euros, and we were in limbo

Stoke played a blinder on 14:41 - Jul 23 with 2071 viewsicecoldjack

Stoke played a blinder on 14:32 - Jul 23 by raynor94

In fairness how could we have got the deal done earlier, he's under contract, the window didn't open till July first, he was at the Euros, and we were in limbo

I'm sure there were a few deals that were agreed and then finalised when the window opened.

I think it's often the the case that deals are worked on irrelevent of what time of the year it is or if the window is closed or open.
Stoke played a blinder on 14:43 - Jul 23 with 2061 viewsraynor94

Stoke played a blinder on 14:41 - Jul 23 by icecoldjack

I'm sure there were a few deals that were agreed and then finalised when the window opened.

I think it's often the the case that deals are worked on irrelevent of what time of the year it is or if the window is closed or open.

Do you think we were waiting for the go ahead from the Americans?

Stoke played a blinder on 14:56 - Jul 23 with 2021 viewscontroversial_jack

I'd prefer Chadli, he can score
Stoke played a blinder on 14:58 - Jul 23 with 2008 viewsicecoldjack

Stoke played a blinder on 14:43 - Jul 23 by raynor94

Do you think we were waiting for the go ahead from the Americans?

I think the yanks wanted all major spending on ice until the deal was finalised, so yes.

Why that needed to be the case or if it was I've no idea.

If we made an offer in January and an apparent offer before the euros it meant we had nothing to gain by waiting for a potential rise in fee after the tournement.

Seems from the outside looking in that our hands have been tied until the yanks are in full control.

Just my take.
Stoke played a blinder on 15:07 - Jul 23 with 1963 viewstomdickharry

Mark Hughes knows he can get Ki and knows he can't get Joe, we are at a point where money to effect the deal is a balancing act between the clubs over a million or 2, nowadays peanuts in their turnover,however,a million saved here means it can be spent more beneficially elsewhere.As Joe is back from hols next week,hopefully,the deal will be concluded by this time next week and we can move on to signing the quality strike we urgently need.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024