Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eisteddfod 2016 22:11 - Jul 29 with 2915 viewsmorningstar

Where does the hypocrisy start here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36923420

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Eisteddfod 2016 on 07:38 - Jul 30 with 616 viewsjack247

I'm not bothered whether they honoured the Welsh football team or not, but: 'Welsh is the biggest, strongest Weapon we have as a nation and without it, we have nothing'

Jesus, lunatics like that shouldn't be allowed to cross the road on their own, let alone speak to the media. Makes us look like a bunch of primative, uneducated cave dwellers.
Eisteddfod 2016 on 08:11 - Jul 30 with 604 viewsDr_Winston

Eisteddfod 2016 on 07:38 - Jul 30 by jack247

I'm not bothered whether they honoured the Welsh football team or not, but: 'Welsh is the biggest, strongest Weapon we have as a nation and without it, we have nothing'

Jesus, lunatics like that shouldn't be allowed to cross the road on their own, let alone speak to the media. Makes us look like a bunch of primative, uneducated cave dwellers.

Is there any connection to that loonball who wanted to ethnically cleanse people who couldn't speak Welsh from up by Craig Y Nos?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Eisteddfod 2016 on 08:26 - Jul 30 with 593 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:40 - Jul 29 by Banosswan

Again, as a Welsh speaker I'm f@cked off by this response.

Rather than take an opportunity to welcome the Welsh team, encourage the non Welsh speakers to learn a few lines to speak to the crowd and obviously reward fluent Welsh speakers Arron Ramsey and Ben Davies (there may be others, apologies if I've missed any) in the tradition of the gorsedd, the 'tradition' must be upheld.

All it does is fuel anti Welsh language feeling.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2016 22:42]

And Joe Allen

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Eisteddfod 2016 on 08:33 - Jul 30 with 587 viewsKilkennyjack

J.R.R Tolkien - 'Welsh is of this soil, this island, the senior language of the men of Britain; and Welsh is beautiful'.

Its a treasure. Its quite normal to have 2 languages. Be kind to the language.

I guess 800 years of people being told they are basically useless, must generate a self loathing that is beyond my understanding.

Embrace the old language like the FAW and use at least one word of it every day.

Think Positive - ben, rambo, joey, !

Beware of the Risen People

Eisteddfod 2016 on 08:34 - Jul 30 with 585 viewshammy

Eisteddfod 2016 on 22:48 - Jul 29 by skippyjack

F*cking ell.. when did we start speaking English?.. when old mythical Gruffydd popped his clogs?.. The 'real' Welsh language is a myth anyway.. The Romans and Picts/Celts reformed and created a new language, due to the Romans opening their education institutions for the indigenous folk.. then the English took over..

The Welsh language is a Roman dialect, with Pictish and Celt spin offs.. Welsh is more Latin than true Pictish tongue.

Possibly the most insignificant, hypocritical language about.. costs us billions an all.

(Lohengrin shakes his head in agreement)

That it is quite an hilarious summary of the Welsh language.

Just as a matter of interest, how and when did the English language come about ?

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Eisteddfod 2016 on 09:48 - Jul 30 with 539 viewsmax936

Eisteddfod 2016 on 00:45 - Jul 30 by lifelong

You're never too old to learn Steve, there's a very good course on the net.. Saysomethinginwelsh.com, you can download the lessons to your phone.

Cheers Lifey, I'll have a looksee.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Eisteddfod 2016 on 09:51 - Jul 30 with 537 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Eisteddfod 2016 on 09:48 - Jul 30 by max936

Cheers Lifey, I'll have a looksee.

There you are, you're doing well already!

Eisteddfod 2016 on 09:54 - Jul 30 with 533 viewsmax936

Eisteddfod 2016 on 09:51 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

There you are, you're doing well already!

I know plenty who speak it as well, so its definitely a possibility.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Eisteddfod 2016 on 09:59 - Jul 30 with 520 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Eisteddfod 2016 on 09:54 - Jul 30 by max936

I know plenty who speak it as well, so its definitely a possibility.

Whoosh lol

Eisteddfod 2016 on 10:19 - Jul 30 with 503 viewsBarrySwan

On a more positive note

None of the current Welsh team will have to prance about in bedsheets flourishing a sword over their head like the ludicrous Robin McBryde.

i thought that the Gorsedd and bedsheets stuff was invented by Victorian fantasist and fraudster Iolo Morgannwg, aka Eddie Williams, anyway?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2016 10:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024