Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? 10:12 - Aug 11 with 1996 viewswestside

http://www.democraticaudit.com/?p=23990
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 10:15 - Aug 11 with 1567 viewsadamswan

Not again please, please God.
Doomed! We're all doomed! That's what you wanted to hear, now let's get on with panicking about Borja's medical and not the financial security of the country.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 10:30 - Aug 11 with 1546 viewsWhiterockin

We are all doomed
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 10:53 - Aug 11 with 1517 viewsdeanscfc

The whole UK vote was a case of turkeys voting for Christmas. Just one look at the way the pound plummeted and didn't recover tells anyone that. Or the way the job market has slowed since late July. Or the way the service sector contracted..and the property sector..and the manufacturing sector.... . The pound drops with every bit of bad news. i could go on but it's there for everyone to see. We will have many years of uncertainty now and financial instability. Even the prospect of new trade deals wont help much because they will take many years longer to implement than the 2 years which we would have to be out of the EU and as expected, ignorant and reckless leave voters are shouting that article 50 should be invoked immediately. Not trading with our closest neighbours is economic suicide and the only way to instantly rectify the way the economy is headed is to scrap the whole referendum result altogether and announce that we're staying. That is the reality whether people like it or not.

Edit: Don't shoot the messenger - look at the facts.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 12:33]
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 11:14 - Aug 11 with 1492 viewsskippyjack

For about the one thousand and ninety eighth time.. We are in no way 'funded' by the EU.. I stopped reading after that..

and he's an 'expert' in his field.. f*cking ell.. we're producing a few turkeys.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 11:25 - Aug 11 with 1480 viewsdeanscfc

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 11:14 - Aug 11 by skippyjack

For about the one thousand and ninety eighth time.. We are in no way 'funded' by the EU.. I stopped reading after that..

and he's an 'expert' in his field.. f*cking ell.. we're producing a few turkeys.

No, but our economy does benefit greatly from being part of the largest single free market in the world.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 11:28 - Aug 11 with 1473 viewsWhiterockin

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 10:53 - Aug 11 by deanscfc

The whole UK vote was a case of turkeys voting for Christmas. Just one look at the way the pound plummeted and didn't recover tells anyone that. Or the way the job market has slowed since late July. Or the way the service sector contracted..and the property sector..and the manufacturing sector.... . The pound drops with every bit of bad news. i could go on but it's there for everyone to see. We will have many years of uncertainty now and financial instability. Even the prospect of new trade deals wont help much because they will take many years longer to implement than the 2 years which we would have to be out of the EU and as expected, ignorant and reckless leave voters are shouting that article 50 should be invoked immediately. Not trading with our closest neighbours is economic suicide and the only way to instantly rectify the way the economy is headed is to scrap the whole referendum result altogether and announce that we're staying. That is the reality whether people like it or not.

You have two choices, take a pill or just leave.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 11:39 - Aug 11 with 1463 viewsdeanscfc

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 11:28 - Aug 11 by Whiterockin

You have two choices, take a pill or just leave.

??
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:01 - Aug 11 with 1446 viewsHighjack

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 10:53 - Aug 11 by deanscfc

How do you function on a daily basis with all this pessimism?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:06 - Aug 11 with 1435 viewsadamswan

I'm struggling to remember what part of the referendum result means we will "not be trading with our closest neighbours". Still sensationalising.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:08 - Aug 11 with 1433 viewsJackSomething

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:01 - Aug 11 by Highjack

He's a Swans fan who posts on Planet Swans. I presume he's used to the pessimism.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:24 - Aug 11 with 1397 viewsdeanscfc

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:01 - Aug 11 by Highjack

It's reality - the economic facts are there for all to see. Economists said it would happen and it is happening. Try going on holiday to the USA now and compare how much it would have cost you pre referendum. Pound is down against the euro too so nobody can claim it is a global trend...it is 100% linked. Every day there is more negative news coming out; yesterday it was that the job market has slowed, today that the property market has slowed. The week before that all of our major industries are suddenly contracting.. there for everyone to see. The likes of Johnson and Gove arrogantly dismissed any expert views as 'project fear'. They did so for their own personal gain and 52% of people in this country bought into it.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:31 - Aug 11 with 1391 viewsdeanscfc

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:06 - Aug 11 by adamswan

I'm struggling to remember what part of the referendum result means we will "not be trading with our closest neighbours". Still sensationalising.

Ok, well nobody has a clue or a plan what those trading arrangements would be. Not one leave campaiger or voter has any genuine plan for how things would work. To be fair, how can they when it is largely up to the EU to state the terms and conditions for trading with them? Canada is still trying to agree a trade deal with the EU 7 years later. We have years and years of uncertainty ahead of us and there is absolutely no way that it is good for the economy. Anyone who researched things properly and without bias beforehand was aware of this pre referendum.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:42 - Aug 11 with 1375 viewsadamswan

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:31 - Aug 11 by deanscfc

Ok, well nobody has a clue or a plan what those trading arrangements would be. Not one leave campaiger or voter has any genuine plan for how things would work. To be fair, how can they when it is largely up to the EU to state the terms and conditions for trading with them? Canada is still trying to agree a trade deal with the EU 7 years later. We have years and years of uncertainty ahead of us and there is absolutely no way that it is good for the economy. Anyone who researched things properly and without bias beforehand was aware of this pre referendum.

Do you think that maybe your point regarding Canada and it's struggles, given how stable Canada is, completely illustrates how stagnant the EU is? Im not going to argue over semantics, you think no one has a plan, because this is the fashionable thing to say. Unfortunately for you, there have been numerous documents produced, which are readily available. And, and it's a big and, how can you "plan" trade deals in the way you want when it's entirely dependant on negotiations? No one has a crystal ball. Just move on and make the best of it, all this Britain bashing is helping no one.

I'm sure the EU would be delighted to see their economies reduced to rubble when the British economy apocalypse arrives that many lefties are praying for. .... bet they can't wait to join us in ruin.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 14:05 - Aug 11 with 1307 viewsdeanscfc

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 12:42 - Aug 11 by adamswan

Do you think that maybe your point regarding Canada and it's struggles, given how stable Canada is, completely illustrates how stagnant the EU is? Im not going to argue over semantics, you think no one has a plan, because this is the fashionable thing to say. Unfortunately for you, there have been numerous documents produced, which are readily available. And, and it's a big and, how can you "plan" trade deals in the way you want when it's entirely dependant on negotiations? No one has a crystal ball. Just move on and make the best of it, all this Britain bashing is helping no one.

I'm sure the EU would be delighted to see their economies reduced to rubble when the British economy apocalypse arrives that many lefties are praying for. .... bet they can't wait to join us in ruin.

Whether you think the time taken for the Canada deal reflects badly on the EU is irrelevant. It is what it is. Trade deals are notoriously complex. The UK doesn't even have trade negotiators and is talking about borrowing them from countries like New Zealand. Do those begging for the PM to invoke article 50 immediately honestly think that we can somehow negotiate better trade deals with other countries within the two years that we would have to leave the EU? Again, it defies all logic or reason - they have no plan.

You say it is fashionable to say there is no plan but what is the plan? These documents, what do they say and how can they say it given that the EU holds a lot of the cards? People talking about the sudden collapse of the EU are just naive. 27 countries are not going to simply stop trading with each other in union. Remember, our pound has fallen compared to the EU as a result of the referendum result and not the other way around. Do you think we will be in a good position to negotiate when we are in a recession? Because looking at the figures, there is a very good chance of that happening.

It's not 'Britain Bashing' to acknowledge the facts. It is bashing Britain to continue on a path which is already affecting the country negatively. Those pledges made by leave campaigners about how the economy would not be affected; they are already proven wrong. Pound fell below 1.30 to the dollar again today, still around a 31 year low.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 14:09]
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 15:38 - Aug 11 with 1238 viewsadamswan

I'm willing to bet that you read we don't have negotiators in the Guardian didn't you. Do you expect me to believe, that the UK, one of the world's biggest economies, with a massive financial sector has to go begging New Zealand, a country with one 20th of the population with a largely agricultural based economy for trade negotiators? Give me a break
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 15:58 - Aug 11 with 1226 viewsdeanscfc

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 15:38 - Aug 11 by adamswan

I'm willing to bet that you read we don't have negotiators in the Guardian didn't you. Do you expect me to believe, that the UK, one of the world's biggest economies, with a massive financial sector has to go begging New Zealand, a country with one 20th of the population with a largely agricultural based economy for trade negotiators? Give me a break

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3722059/UK-desperately-short-trade-e

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3673241/Britain-hire-foreign-tr

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3678776/Britain-needs-boost-tra

There's three articles discussing it from the most biased, right wing, pro brexit and frankly rubbish tabloid newspaper out there. I repeat all the points that I made above about leave campaigners/voters not having any plan or real clue about how difficult and bad a brexit is for the economy of the UK.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 15:59]
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 16:30 - Aug 11 with 1202 viewsadamswan

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 15:58 - Aug 11 by deanscfc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3722059/UK-desperately-short-trade-e

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3673241/Britain-hire-foreign-tr

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3678776/Britain-needs-boost-tra

There's three articles discussing it from the most biased, right wing, pro brexit and frankly rubbish tabloid newspaper out there. I repeat all the points that I made above about leave campaigners/voters not having any plan or real clue about how difficult and bad a brexit is for the economy of the UK.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2016 15:59]

This is why it's a waste of time debating with remainers like yourself. You won't accept anything, you generalise 17 million people, many of whom are far more politically and economically astute than yourself, you quite literally crave economic failure to back up your argument. It's lose lose trying to debate with you.

If the remain campaigns claims had come true, we would already be living in straw huts. Checked the FTSE lately have you?
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 17:35 - Aug 11 with 1177 viewsBatterseajack

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 16:30 - Aug 11 by adamswan

This is why it's a waste of time debating with remainers like yourself. You won't accept anything, you generalise 17 million people, many of whom are far more politically and economically astute than yourself, you quite literally crave economic failure to back up your argument. It's lose lose trying to debate with you.

If the remain campaigns claims had come true, we would already be living in straw huts. Checked the FTSE lately have you?

Do you not think the 52%ers should not be held account then if this is all goes tits up for mine and our children generation then?
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 18:05 - Aug 11 with 1155 viewsBanosswan

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 17:35 - Aug 11 by Batterseajack

Do you not think the 52%ers should not be held account then if this is all goes tits up for mine and our children generation then?

No, because it may have gone tits up had we remained.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 18:42 - Aug 11 with 1131 viewsdeanscfc

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 16:30 - Aug 11 by adamswan

It seems like you are doing the generalising...'remainers crave economic failure', 'living in straw huts if remain claims had come true'? Trust me, I am in no way happy that if I want to go on holiday then it will suddenly cost me a lot more.

The remain campaigners warned of the risks based on economist reports. It would have been negligent of them not to do so. Very few if any serious economists would have thought that the many years of uncertainty a brexit vote would cause could be positive for the economy. This is from an article prior to June 23rd:

"A British exit from the European Union would be so devastating for the pound that 29 out of 34 economists in a Bloomberg survey see it sinking to $1.35 or below within a week of a vote to leave -- levels last seen in 1985."

It happened. It never really rose. Today it dipped to $1.29, even less than was predicted. The FTSE is linked to the low pound. I only posted facts about the data we have seen since the referendum. Economic output in every sector is down since June 23rd, the jobs market slowed, the property market slowed. I didn't even mention our countries credit rating being downgraded or our base interest rates being cut to record lows to deal with the negative impact of the result.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 19:08 - Aug 11 with 1114 viewssquarebear

The markets hate uncertainty. That's why they've dipped. Everyone (?) knows that.

This does not mean we are doomed.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 19:34 - Aug 11 with 1097 viewsBanosswan

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 18:42 - Aug 11 by deanscfc

It seems like you are doing the generalising...'remainers crave economic failure', 'living in straw huts if remain claims had come true'? Trust me, I am in no way happy that if I want to go on holiday then it will suddenly cost me a lot more.

The remain campaigners warned of the risks based on economist reports. It would have been negligent of them not to do so. Very few if any serious economists would have thought that the many years of uncertainty a brexit vote would cause could be positive for the economy. This is from an article prior to June 23rd:

"A British exit from the European Union would be so devastating for the pound that 29 out of 34 economists in a Bloomberg survey see it sinking to $1.35 or below within a week of a vote to leave -- levels last seen in 1985."

It happened. It never really rose. Today it dipped to $1.29, even less than was predicted. The FTSE is linked to the low pound. I only posted facts about the data we have seen since the referendum. Economic output in every sector is down since June 23rd, the jobs market slowed, the property market slowed. I didn't even mention our countries credit rating being downgraded or our base interest rates being cut to record lows to deal with the negative impact of the result.

You're miffed because your holidays will cost more?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 20:59 - Aug 11 with 1054 viewsadamswan

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 17:35 - Aug 11 by Batterseajack

If, in the unlikely event it does go 'tits up', absolutely. The language you are using is suggesting it has and somehow those that have leaves owe you an apology, it's nonsense, and you have zero right to a moral high ground. Let's keep an eye on the EU, that bastion of progress and financial prosperity you live so dearly and see what happens over the next 5-10 years the I'll invite you to ask me and everyone else for an apology if you are owed it. Until then, quit the lecturing and doom mongering, because as of yet, not much has changed,and we might have done your and everyone else's kids a favour.
Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 21:23 - Aug 11 with 1028 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 20:59 - Aug 11 by adamswan

If, in the unlikely event it does go 'tits up', absolutely. The language you are using is suggesting it has and somehow those that have leaves owe you an apology, it's nonsense, and you have zero right to a moral high ground. Let's keep an eye on the EU, that bastion of progress and financial prosperity you live so dearly and see what happens over the next 5-10 years the I'll invite you to ask me and everyone else for an apology if you are owed it. Until then, quit the lecturing and doom mongering, because as of yet, not much has changed,and we might have done your and everyone else's kids a favour.

The leave voters were basically the ignorant, the gullible, and the scared.
By any measure being part of our increasingly networked world is essential, unless you cherish the isolation of North Korea.
And make no mistake the likes of Boris and Gove deliberately mislead people for their own personal gain. No so Farage - who is just a joke figure.

And now real people will suffer with less employment.
Its a dreadful business. Shocking.

And the Welsh people who voted leave ? Simply duped. People voted against their own self interest. Shows the power of the London media.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales and the Brexit vote: a case of turkeys voting for Christmas? on 22:06 - Aug 11 with 998 viewswestside

A woman in work went out of her way to tell everyone how she voted to leave.

The reason being "that we're overrun by immigrants"

She then said that she reads the daily mail everynight

Nobody even bothered talking to her as she sounded so gullible
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024