Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Jacks tried the curry here? 18:38 - Aug 17 with 11405 viewslonglostjack

The rats would have added to the flavour of a good scrumpy - not so sure about a curry.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/curry-house-boss-banned-running-117
[Post edited 17 Aug 2016 18:39]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Any Jacks tried the curry here? on 10:34 - Aug 21 with 1130 viewsMuteswan

Any Jacks tried the curry here? on 21:08 - Aug 17 by union_jack

I believe it was on Alexandra Rd opposite the old police station, same row as the Glynn Vivian. All buildings demolished now. What it was called I don't know.

Little choice in those days. Chicken leg in a very dark curry sauce served in a white bowl.

Was that the Gate of India?
Any Jacks tried the curry here? on 12:35 - Aug 21 with 1091 viewsunion_jack

Any Jacks tried the curry here? on 10:34 - Aug 21 by Muteswan

I really don't know, a little before my time.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Any Jacks tried the curry here? on 13:02 - Aug 21 with 1083 viewsmonmouth

Just reminiscing with an old mate after this thread and he reminded me that one saturday night in the Taj on Walter Road I demanded the hottest curry they could make. It arrives; I take a mouthful and declare very loudly 'f**k me that's hot'. About 30 minutes later I'm returning it to them with quite a few pints of worthington dark outside their front door.

I felt bound to remind him of when he was sick in his curry at the New Delhi, fell asleep head on table, woke up and started eating it.

I'm glad I'm not young anymore.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Any Jacks tried the curry here? on 17:05 - Aug 21 with 1033 viewsjacktar

Any Jacks tried the curry here? on 10:34 - Aug 21 by Muteswan

The Gate of India was in the block that is between Clifton Hill and the old fire station, opposite Grove House. It's actually Grove Place and not Alexandra Road.
Lal who has been mentioned in previous posts moved up to this place, I think after the Anglo Asia. He was a real gent and worked many of the restaurants in town including If my memory serve me correctly, the one that opened in Mumbles where the old Canopic restaurant used to be opposite Knab Rock but the name escapes me.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Any Jacks tried the curry here? on 18:43 - Aug 21 with 1000 viewsWingstandwood

Curry powder can hide a multitude of culinary sins especially when served to a less fussy clientele after drinking a few pints. You could put an old dap in a curry and they'd still be none the wiser and eat it!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024