Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests 09:17 - Aug 22 with 7391 viewsJackfath

I thought the folk of Planet Swans would enjoy this one.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/offering-black-and-asian-people-free-eye

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:46 - Aug 22 with 907 viewsMurph75

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:44 - Aug 22 by Darran

I don't believe anyone should be having free eye tests what age or colour they are.

Harsh.

How do you feel about people driving in bus lanes and people taking photos of people driving in bus lanes?
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:54 - Aug 22 with 885 viewsJackfath

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:44 - Aug 22 by Darran

I don't believe anyone should be having free eye tests what age or colour they are.

What about diabetics?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:56 - Aug 22 with 873 viewsDarran

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:46 - Aug 22 by Murph75

Harsh.

How do you feel about people driving in bus lanes and people taking photos of people driving in bus lanes?

It's not really though is it?
It's not as if people need an eye test every week and if they can't afford a fiver once a year,a fiver that will go back into the Welsh health system they can f*ck off and go blind as far as I'm concerned.

The same goes for prescriptions as I've mentioned on here before,whoever the brainiac was that came out with the idea of free prescriptions should be shot. Prescriptions were £3.50 an item and then overnight went to zero,they could have changed £1 a prescription however many items were on it at least that £1 would have gone back into the system.

People blame the Tories but this is Welsh Labour that made these rules.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:57 - Aug 22 with 873 viewsLord_Bony

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:32 - Aug 22 by NeathJack

I just think the comparison would be interesting to see the full picture in context.

Research suggests black minority and ethnic (BME) groups are up to six times more likely to suffer conditions which could lead to blindness, but three times less likely to seek treatment.

Prof Tim Wess said this must change.

"It's no exaggeration to say that we're teetering on the brink of a health care catastrophe if nothing is done."

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:57 - Aug 22 with 872 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:54 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

What about diabetics?

What colour is diabetic? A sort of blue I think?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:01 - Aug 22 with 859 viewsMurph75

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 18:57 - Aug 22 by Lord_Bony

Research suggests black minority and ethnic (BME) groups are up to six times more likely to suffer conditions which could lead to blindness, but three times less likely to seek treatment.

Prof Tim Wess said this must change.

"It's no exaggeration to say that we're teetering on the brink of a health care catastrophe if nothing is done."

So what your really saying is black people are going to bring the NHS to knees?
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:06 - Aug 22 with 843 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I think I've seen that bloke before

[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 19:15]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:14 - Aug 22 with 804 viewsFlashberryjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:01 - Aug 22 by Murph75

I don't think it is, but I do think that people using and abusing it without having contributed to it are.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:15 - Aug 22 with 803 viewsLord_Bony

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:01 - Aug 22 by Murph75

I m quoting from an article...I did nt write it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:16 - Aug 22 with 796 viewsexiledclaseboy

I did enjoy the shameless use of the age old "I'm not racist but..." trope by the fella who was so outraged by this that he went to the Evening Post.

I bet some of his best friends are black too.

Poll: Tory leader

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:24 - Aug 22 with 778 viewsMurph75

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:15 - Aug 22 by Lord_Bony

I m quoting from an article...I did nt write it.

Same difference.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:25 - Aug 22 with 777 viewsMurph75

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:16 - Aug 22 by exiledclaseboy

I did enjoy the shameless use of the age old "I'm not racist but..." trope by the fella who was so outraged by this that he went to the Evening Post.

I was thinking the same.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:43 - Aug 22 with 742 viewslondonlisa2001

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 17:20 - Aug 22 by Highjack

I thought the whole point of the nhs is that it's for those who need it regardless of the ability to pay.

Of course it is.

I'm merely responding to Skippy's comment about people 'who haven't paid into the system' getting treatment for nothing, and going on to use the words 'we'll pay' when talking about refugees. Quite why people who happen to be black or Asian won't have paid into the system I don't know but that's neither here nor there.

I asked if skippy had himself ever paid into the system which is relevant given his views.

It'll be followed as ever by some crap about fascists, or superiority complexes, or him not trusting experts, or people with an education or whatever.
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:46 - Aug 22 with 732 viewsBigPhilG

My father told me that too much masturbating would make me go blind. So I stopped. For a bit anyway. Maybe all the Asian and black dad's should tell their kids the same so we could save a few bob. I just wish my dad told me before I got to 34
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:50 - Aug 22 with 728 viewsperchrockjack

legions of people of all colours make a decision early on in adult life to live via the system
These people have children without any thought whatsoever as they know the state will provide.

Compare this with the majority who work for minimum wage or zero hour contracts and basically live from hand to mouth. I have nothing but admiration for these people and abject contempt for the former.

This country needs to provide encouragement for people to look for work , maybe provide for their future and for their family .

This country has long lost this culture.

I would add that this suggestion simply nurtures latent racists

Anyway, thanks for reading but I'm back in my box

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:58 - Aug 22 with 712 viewsFlashberryjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:16 - Aug 22 by exiledclaseboy

Some of my best friends are black.....

Hello

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:59 - Aug 22 with 705 viewsDarran

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:50 - Aug 22 by perchrockjack

legions of people of all colours make a decision early on in adult life to live via the system
These people have children without any thought whatsoever as they know the state will provide.

Compare this with the majority who work for minimum wage or zero hour contracts and basically live from hand to mouth. I have nothing but admiration for these people and abject contempt for the former.

This country needs to provide encouragement for people to look for work , maybe provide for their future and for their family .

This country has long lost this culture.

I would add that this suggestion simply nurtures latent racists

Anyway, thanks for reading but I'm back in my box

Racist.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:03 - Aug 22 with 699 viewsMurph75

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:58 - Aug 22 by Flashberryjack

Some of my best friends are black.....

Can they see ok?
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:14 - Aug 22 with 690 viewsyescomeon

Perfectly good reason given in the article. I was taken aback by the headline, but didn't know the reasoning behind. Having read it, fair enough.

Upthecity!

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:15 - Aug 22 with 686 viewsMurph75

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:14 - Aug 22 by yescomeon

Perfectly good reason given in the article. I was taken aback by the headline, but didn't know the reasoning behind. Having read it, fair enough.

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:16 - Aug 22 with 683 viewsyescomeon

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 11:55 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

When have you paid into the system Skippy?

Upthecity!

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:28 - Aug 22 with 659 viewsFlashberryjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:03 - Aug 22 by Murph75

Can they see ok?

Yes they can, but they're unable to talk.

Hello

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:32 - Aug 22 with 651 viewsMurph75

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:28 - Aug 22 by Flashberryjack

Yes they can, but they're unable to talk.

I bet they don't moan though?
Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:37 - Aug 22 with 638 viewsHighjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 19:46 - Aug 22 by BigPhilG

My father told me that too much masturbating would make me go blind. So I stopped. For a bit anyway. Maybe all the Asian and black dad's should tell their kids the same so we could save a few bob. I just wish my dad told me before I got to 34

I think that masterbation only makes you go blind if you accidentally spunk in your own eye. I usually wear heavy duty safety goggles whilst yanking the old one eyed wonder weasel and my sight is near perfect.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:46 - Aug 22 with 613 viewsFlashberryjack

Offering Black and Asian people free eye tests on 20:32 - Aug 22 by Murph75

I bet they don't moan though?

Only when I don't give them food on time.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024