Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DOOM & GLOOM 10:37 - Aug 28 with 3080 viewsJethroJack

FFS cheer up mun!

Its only 3 games in, we got 3pts at Burnley, got mugged by a (proving to be decent) Hull & lost by the odd goal to a typically rampant Leicester, even though we finished the stronger after Lucasz's penalty save (by the way, whilst Mahrez is a class act, Steptoe's son is a TVVAT....2-1 to the Ice-er-lund 😊

Also, Redturds 0-1 Royals 89th minute winner...that's gotta be worth a smile 😁
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 10:38]
DOOM & GLOOM on 14:00 - Aug 28 with 899 viewsmax936

DOOM & GLOOM on 13:29 - Aug 28 by Murph75

Jenkins stated a full review would happen at the end of last season to make sure we didn't find ourselves in that position again.

Either that review didn't take place or the board have spectacularly cocked things up.

It probably never took place due to the Takeover taking so long, Huw and Co had their own finances to get sorted before anything as trivial as sorting plans out for another Premier League campaign.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 14:03]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:02 - Aug 28 with 890 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:00 - Aug 28 by max936

It probably never took place due to the Takeover taking so long, Huw and Co had their own finances to get sorted before anything as trivial as sorting plans out for another Premier League campaign.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 14:03]

Aye, booking a holiday can sometimes be a stressful thing.
DOOM & GLOOM on 14:04 - Aug 28 with 876 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 12:53 - Aug 28 by Murph75

Blind optimism mush. Love it.

I'm not blind mush, eyes wide open, saw enough in last 30mins to encourage me, not that you would have spotted that, being a born pessimist. Keep on worrying, but you never know, it might not happen.
DOOM & GLOOM on 14:05 - Aug 28 with 875 viewsmax936

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:02 - Aug 28 by Murph75

Aye, booking a holiday can sometimes be a stressful thing.

Indeed, shopping for a new swiming cossie takes it out you

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:06 - Aug 28 with 871 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:05 - Aug 28 by max936

Indeed, shopping for a new swiming cossie takes it out you

Especially if you're blessed in the manhood department.
DOOM & GLOOM on 14:20 - Aug 28 with 853 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 12:48 - Aug 28 by 1983

Can't remember saying get rid of our chairman & manager?

And with your expert knowledge of the Premiership can't wait until we smash Chelsea and Man City (twice) in the next few weeks! and what impact does cardiff city have losing in a league lower than us? couldn't give a hoot about cardiff
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 12:50]

It doesn't take expert knowledge to know that the Premier League is the most competitive on the planet, so your expectation of getting 7pts from our first 3 games shows that you haven't even been able to grasp that most basic of facts. Give yourself a break & go and support a club that can "guarantee" you your expected number of points, eg Real or Barca should fit the bill.
DOOM & GLOOM on 14:26 - Aug 28 with 841 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:20 - Aug 28 by JethroJack

It doesn't take expert knowledge to know that the Premier League is the most competitive on the planet, so your expectation of getting 7pts from our first 3 games shows that you haven't even been able to grasp that most basic of facts. Give yourself a break & go and support a club that can "guarantee" you your expected number of points, eg Real or Barca should fit the bill.

On paper we should be sitting pretty with at least 6 points.

Why are you so aggressive with your posts?
DOOM & GLOOM on 14:39 - Aug 28 with 829 viewsperchrockjack

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:44 - Aug 28 with 819 viewspencoedjack

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:04 - Aug 28 by JethroJack

I'm not blind mush, eyes wide open, saw enough in last 30mins to encourage me, not that you would have spotted that, being a born pessimist. Keep on worrying, but you never know, it might not happen.

Fighting a losing battle fella I am sure people like seeing us lose so they can fuking moan
DOOM & GLOOM on 14:53 - Aug 28 with 803 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Eer yeah. The last 30 minutes of yesterday's game were a great indication of what we could play like. You fellas really know your stuff

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:53 - Aug 28 with 801 viewsperchrockjack

That s been levelled at me. It's very wrong . It's actually quite a dick of a thing to say.

People react and that s good. When they don't you have real problems

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

DOOM & GLOOM on 15:04 - Aug 28 with 778 viewsJohnw102

Two points from yesterday's game that seem to be overlooked, their second goal Huth handball to push it to Morgan and Schmichael deliberate hand ball outside the area at the point where he got injured, could have been red carded. Think we will get points at Saints and Arsenal (we always do!) and points at home v Chelski and Man City, looking for 6/7 points from next 5 games that should calm the panic.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

DOOM & GLOOM on 15:42 - Aug 28 with 752 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:26 - Aug 28 by Murph75

On paper we should be sitting pretty with at least 6 points.

Why are you so aggressive with your posts?

7pts is now down to at least 6....some perspective creeping in.
DOOM & GLOOM on 15:54 - Aug 28 with 727 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 14:44 - Aug 28 by pencoedjack

Fighting a losing battle fella I am sure people like seeing us lose so they can fuking moan

You're probably right.

I'm not trying to convert the moaners...once a drama queen, always a drama queen.
Clearly, we're not playing anywhere near the level required, but some would have us dead & buried after 3 games...the lack of perspective gets tedious at times.

I'm surprised that nobody's claimed (yet) that Everton are 2nd in the league because Ash went there....and that West Ham are shite because Ayew got injured.
DOOM & GLOOM on 16:18 - Aug 28 with 702 viewsAngelRangelQS

It may only have been three games but the worrying thing is that there doesn't seem to be any improvement on last season. We were told that Guidolin would be playing fast, attractive football but there hasn't been much evidence of that, our defending is still abysmal, still conceding from corners... He's now had 7 months to sort this out.

Despite the increase in TV money and despite selling £40m worth of players, we have just two senior strikers in our whole squad, both of whom are unknown quantities in this league and we are questionable in other areas too.

I just don't understand some of the decisions we've made this summer. No idea why Dyer was given a new contract, no idea why we signed the Aussie GK and no idea why Nordfelt was given a new contract also. None of it makes any sense if we are looking to save money, unless we've agreed a lower weekly wage for them but over a longer period of time... Can't see that though?
DOOM & GLOOM on 16:20 - Aug 28 with 544 viewsraynor94

Well the Hammers are taking a spanking, we really not as bad as some are trying to make out on here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:27 - Aug 28 with 527 viewscostalotta

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:20 - Aug 28 by raynor94

Well the Hammers are taking a spanking, we really not as bad as some are trying to make out on here

How does West Ham being 2 down after 15 make us not a bad team? I fail to see the logic in that?
DOOM & GLOOM on 16:28 - Aug 28 with 521 viewsJethroJack

Careful..some reckon that we've stagnated while West Ham, Stoke, Southampton & Leicester are thriving. Leicester..yes..but the other 3? West Ham must be distracted by the Europa League....oh no, hang on.
DOOM & GLOOM on 16:29 - Aug 28 with 519 viewsJoe_bradshaw

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:27 - Aug 28 by costalotta

How does West Ham being 2 down after 15 make us not a bad team? I fail to see the logic in that?

We've just gone up a place mun.

All's well with the world.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:33 - Aug 28 with 511 viewsNeiltheTaylor

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:18 - Aug 28 by AngelRangelQS

It may only have been three games but the worrying thing is that there doesn't seem to be any improvement on last season. We were told that Guidolin would be playing fast, attractive football but there hasn't been much evidence of that, our defending is still abysmal, still conceding from corners... He's now had 7 months to sort this out.

Despite the increase in TV money and despite selling £40m worth of players, we have just two senior strikers in our whole squad, both of whom are unknown quantities in this league and we are questionable in other areas too.

I just don't understand some of the decisions we've made this summer. No idea why Dyer was given a new contract, no idea why we signed the Aussie GK and no idea why Nordfelt was given a new contract also. None of it makes any sense if we are looking to save money, unless we've agreed a lower weekly wage for them but over a longer period of time... Can't see that though?

I presume there is a fully audit able paper chain of transfer money, and where payments went, available to the Trust Director for scrutiny?

I know that some agents are more welcome than others - hopefully the reasons for that are noble.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:36 - Aug 28 with 503 viewsSmellyplumz

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:18 - Aug 28 by AngelRangelQS

Francesco need to get a grip on this team very fkn quickly, fitness needs to be 50% better than it is, they need to hammer passing and they need to up the passing tempo. I'm not convinced FG can do it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:40 - Aug 28 with 490 viewsharryhpalmer

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:27 - Aug 28 by costalotta

I think it is the context of West Ham are clueless against City.

Just like West Brom and Boro were toothless earlier.

Southampton and Sunderland abject, with no creativity.

Watford in a million minds - another 10+ players added. too many for a 25 man squad, and a lack of HG too. Plus a new manager that has played 22 players in 3 games. Started with a 3-1-4-2 formation and quickly went 3 nil down. Changed to 4-4-2 2nd half once the game was over.

Bournemouth and Palace both blunt.

Hull, despite their good start, and togetherness under siege, cannot do that all season with 13 first team players.

So in context, we're not so bad.

We're far from great or where we should be if we want to survive. But we are not doomed as some make out.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:50 - Aug 28 with 472 viewsSmellyplumz

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:40 - Aug 28 by harryhpalmer

I think it is the context of West Ham are clueless against City.

Just like West Brom and Boro were toothless earlier.

Southampton and Sunderland abject, with no creativity.

Watford in a million minds - another 10+ players added. too many for a 25 man squad, and a lack of HG too. Plus a new manager that has played 22 players in 3 games. Started with a 3-1-4-2 formation and quickly went 3 nil down. Changed to 4-4-2 2nd half once the game was over.

Bournemouth and Palace both blunt.

Hull, despite their good start, and togetherness under siege, cannot do that all season with 13 first team players.

So in context, we're not so bad.

We're far from great or where we should be if we want to survive. But we are not doomed as some make out.

So we are far from where we want to be to survive but we are not doomed.. Ok

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:59 - Aug 28 with 450 viewsMurph75

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:28 - Aug 28 by JethroJack

Careful..some reckon that we've stagnated while West Ham, Stoke, Southampton & Leicester are thriving. Leicester..yes..but the other 3? West Ham must be distracted by the Europa League....oh no, hang on.

West Ham have just moved in to a 60,000 seater stadium whilst we still dither about expanding ours. The extra match day revenue this will generate for them will help them grow.

Clubs stagnate on and off the field.

Look I like your optimism its refreshing. Just because I've voiced my opinion and concern of the where the club is heading certainly doesn't make me a pessimist.

Try not letting your emotions dictate what you post. You're coming across as a little unpleasant.
DOOM & GLOOM on 18:13 - Aug 28 with 415 viewsJethroJack

DOOM & GLOOM on 16:59 - Aug 28 by Murph75

West Ham have just moved in to a 60,000 seater stadium whilst we still dither about expanding ours. The extra match day revenue this will generate for them will help them grow.

Clubs stagnate on and off the field.

Look I like your optimism its refreshing. Just because I've voiced my opinion and concern of the where the club is heading certainly doesn't make me a pessimist.

Try not letting your emotions dictate what you post. You're coming across as a little unpleasant.

Judging by the stuff you've written, you seem to be a little sensitive. Just because I've disagreed with your negativity doesn't make me unpleasant. Regarding West Ham's move to the Olympic Stadium, they didn't have to stump up significant millions to do so. Also, judging by the lack of atmosphere there, they may well regret that move in future. So, I don't think the stadium comparison is relevant.

I wonder what justification you think you have to also suggest that Stoke & Southampton are progressing compared to our stagnation. On my drive home from Leicester, 606 had many calls from disgruntled fans (like yourself) moaning about their respective plights eg. Saints constantly selling players, Sparky's crap & should be sacked.

Just out of interest, were you at the King Power Stadium?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024