Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson: Official 18:25 - Aug 30 with 6920 viewsAngelRangelQS

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/alfie-mawson-completes-swanse

Interesting to see how he'll get on. Not holding my breath if it had anything to do with Jenkins mind
Mawson: Official on 15:17 - Sep 2 with 879 viewsLandore_Jack

Mawson: Official on 15:08 - Sep 2 by monmouth

Forgive me Mr Blame Huw Jenkins, but what exactly are we blaming him for? Have we been relegated?

Now I have my own issues with how he's behaved along with some others, and I don't like the control freakery vibe in general, but haven't we have been in the PL for six straight seasons ending solidly mid table each time? Is that what we are blaming him for?

John Stones my arse. Amazing how many people always claim 'we could have signed him, I always saw his talent' when someone turns out to be a success. About as convincing as that Everton joker saying they turned down Sissoko because they didn't want to upset James McCarthy because he is like family.

Declining the opportunity to sign Stones was not the correct decision. It has turned out to be a mistake.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 15:19]

#backtojack

Mawson: Official on 15:17 - Sep 2 with 877 viewskyswans

Mawson: Official on 15:11 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

Hindsight is 20:20, we can't buy all of the kids our scouts recommend, and we can't prevent other clubs from getting the same recommendations from their own.

Yep. Remember last year there were so many reports coming out on who missed out on Vardy and Mahrez.

We were one of the clubs, but there were plenty who said no. It happens.
Mawson: Official on 15:21 - Sep 2 with 858 viewsairedale

We should never have sold Chinaglia, crap management imo. I said so at the time.
Mawson: Official on 15:22 - Sep 2 with 856 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Mawson: Official on 15:08 - Sep 2 by monmouth

Forgive me Mr Blame Huw Jenkins, but what exactly are we blaming him for? Have we been relegated?

Now I have my own issues with how he's behaved along with some others, and I don't like the control freakery vibe in general, but haven't we have been in the PL for six straight seasons ending solidly mid table each time? Is that what we are blaming him for?

John Stones my arse. Amazing how many people always claim 'we could have signed him, I always saw his talent' when someone turns out to be a success. About as convincing as that Everton joker saying they turned down Sissoko because they didn't want to upset James McCarthy because he is like family.

Well I am blaming him for;

the many years of failures in the transfer windows,

allowing key members of the squad to be able to go behind a managers back at will to the chairman and whisper in his ear,

overseeing the appointments of people to behind the scenes jobs they are not qualified for,

actively seeking to sell his and other persons shares to the first concrete offer that came along,

using the clubs own money to help fund a commercial to sell his shares,

... I could go on.
Mawson: Official on 15:25 - Sep 2 with 832 viewsicecoldjack

Mawson: Official on 14:26 - Sep 2 by Landore_Jack

To rub salt into the wound Everton paid £3M for Stones before selling him for £50M. I bet the club are kicking themselves.

yes but if it was the same John Stones at Swansea and playing exactly the same way, we'd be sellingfor £20m instead!

Not sure what to make of the story as everything coming from the club seems to be bullsht these days.
Mawson seems instantly likable and there seems to be a positive vibe which is defo what we need.
There is a nonsense in the story of us not needing centre backs at the time because a brief cast back to then tells us it was an ageing Garry Monk alongside Ash, a player who was coming to an end with us, Stones would have been a very sound move IMO.

I have a good feeling about our new player though, his attitude in the article when signing smacked of hunger and confidence, something that you need in the Prem league in buckets. Him wanting to play football and complementing us on how we try to play was also nice to hear,i'm hoping he was refering to a more vintage Swans rather than the one of the last 18 months!

Looking forward to seeing him play, rooting for him to do well.
Mawson: Official on 16:25 - Sep 2 with 746 viewsLandore_Jack

How Swansea City missed out on John Stones three years before his £50 million move to Manchester City

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-swansea-city-misse

#backtojack

Mawson: Official on 18:19 - Sep 2 with 623 viewslondonlisa2001

Mawson: Official on 15:25 - Sep 2 by icecoldjack

yes but if it was the same John Stones at Swansea and playing exactly the same way, we'd be sellingfor £20m instead!

Not sure what to make of the story as everything coming from the club seems to be bullsht these days.
Mawson seems instantly likable and there seems to be a positive vibe which is defo what we need.
There is a nonsense in the story of us not needing centre backs at the time because a brief cast back to then tells us it was an ageing Garry Monk alongside Ash, a player who was coming to an end with us, Stones would have been a very sound move IMO.

I have a good feeling about our new player though, his attitude in the article when signing smacked of hunger and confidence, something that you need in the Prem league in buckets. Him wanting to play football and complementing us on how we try to play was also nice to hear,i'm hoping he was refering to a more vintage Swans rather than the one of the last 18 months!

Looking forward to seeing him play, rooting for him to do well.

I have a good feeling about him as well.

He's got some bottle as well hasn't he - accepting Ash's number. Some young players would shy away from that and want to avoid the comparison. Good for him.
Mawson: Official on 18:23 - Sep 2 with 619 viewsGriffting

Mawson: Official on 16:25 - Sep 2 by Landore_Jack

How Swansea City missed out on John Stones three years before his £50 million move to Manchester City

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-swansea-city-misse

'Swans miss out on stones' - just as much as every other team who didn't sign him. That title makes it sound like we lost him at the 11th hour from right under our nose. We likely keep an eye on most youngsters that are doing well in the lower leagues, doesn't mean we are going to sign every single one. And if we would have bought him, some fans would have had the same reaction as Alfie has got 'underwhelming', 'no experience', 'who?'
Login to get fewer ads

Mawson: Official on 18:55 - Sep 2 with 583 viewsclloy2

Mawson: Official on 18:23 - Sep 2 by Griffting

'Swans miss out on stones' - just as much as every other team who didn't sign him. That title makes it sound like we lost him at the 11th hour from right under our nose. We likely keep an eye on most youngsters that are doing well in the lower leagues, doesn't mean we are going to sign every single one. And if we would have bought him, some fans would have had the same reaction as Alfie has got 'underwhelming', 'no experience', 'who?'

If only he'd been playing for Falkirk, wed have had him then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024