Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wills and the stupidity of people 10:46 - Aug 31 with 2919 viewsperchrockjack

How about this.

Was in a store recently and a Wills Service salesman is doing is but and approaches a guy around 35/40 and says, "Good morning sir can I ask if you e made a Will" .He snorts back ,"as if I need a will at my age". He drove off with a car full of kids.

No answer to that one really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:13 - Aug 31 with 2385 viewsItchySphincter

Why was hen in a wills shop?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:18 - Aug 31 with 2375 viewsperchrockjack

Its often the case a franchise will have a sales outlet in a store.

Amazing really we ve had no comments regarding the most important document you could sign in your life .

You made one itchy?

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:49 - Aug 31 with 2337 viewsLord_Bony

It's not a legal requirement to use a third party company or a solicitor to draw up a will these days.

I did mine online, got two witness signatories and keep a copy in my safe and online.

It cost me £19.95...all perfectly valid and legal.

That young fella would be better off doing the same.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 2332 viewsJackfath

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:49 - Aug 31 by Lord_Bony

It's not a legal requirement to use a third party company or a solicitor to draw up a will these days.

I did mine online, got two witness signatories and keep a copy in my safe and online.

What site did you use?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:54 - Aug 31 with 2319 viewsLord_Bony

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:50 - Aug 31 by Jackfath

What site did you use?

I can't remember but it would have been something like the following.

Remember ,you can write out a will on a fag packet for free and it will still be valid,as long as its witnessed.

http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjPx8KH2evOAhVrvu0KHUg9DiEYABAF&sig=A

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Wills and the stupidity of people on 14:15 - Aug 31 with 2282 viewsperchrockjack

iNDEED so but if done incorrectly or if any ambiguity then there will be massive problems.

My point was/is that many do not simply give any thought to how they want to dispose of their assets.

My advice would be to ensure that your money doesn not go to whom you do NOT want it .

This applies with divorcees, remarried couple with kids.

Serious subject

What say you itchy?

Wills and the stupidity of people on 14:28 - Aug 31 with 2266 viewsCooperman

A very serious subject indeed. I've seen friends experience a lot of pain as a result of ambiguous detail surrounding wills. Get it sorted and keep it up to date.
You won't experience the output of a will yourself but your beneficiaries will! Just make sure the beneficiaries are the intended ones.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wills and the stupidity of people on 14:33 - Aug 31 with 2255 viewsperchrockjack

and finally a post to treasure.

SADLY, some will ignore this subject and the repercussions will be significant for the descendants.

what ya think itchy?

Anything to add on THIS subject

Login to get fewer ads

Wills and the stupidity of people on 15:09 - Aug 31 with 2206 viewssherpajacob

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:49 - Aug 31 by Lord_Bony

I would advise against storing the original will at home.

As an aside, people with wills on average live longer than people without wills.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Wills and the stupidity of people on 15:15 - Aug 31 with 2196 viewsperchrockjack

Come November ,there are often will promotions,sometimes "free" with a fee going to a charity.

See a solicitor and keep original with him and copy at home. ..is good advice.

Don't put it in loft as someone I know has. Houses catch fire.

Please lets not see this topic derailed by anyone as it could be crucial.

Wills and the stupidity of people on 15:32 - Aug 31 with 2157 viewssherpajacob

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/diy-wills-what-you-need-to-kno

DIY wills should be treated with extreme caution, it might only cost you £20, but could cost your loved ones £ thousands.

Like anything these days, factual information is available on line to anyone free of charge.

However, practical, sound and relevant advice from a professional who knows what they're doing is priceless.

Wills and the stupidity of people on 17:20 - Aug 31 with 2068 viewssiralan

All depends on how complex the will is.

If leaving everything to one person online DIY
sites such as 10minutewil are fine they even check it ti
See everything is in order.
Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:00 - Aug 31 with 1979 viewsSenhin

I don't have a will. I don't see the point and it hadn't occurred to me before now.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:04 - Aug 31 with 1965 viewsperchrockjack

Simply makes it easier for your relatives when probate is granted.

Things can get very messy within families where money is concerned

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:08 - Aug 31 with 1957 viewsSenhin

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:04 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

Simply makes it easier for your relatives when probate is granted.

Things can get very messy within families where money is concerned

Well, I don't feel like I'm on deaths door yet considering my age... obviously, I know there can be accidents but I'd say the odds are pretty low.

If something did happen to me, well I'm pretty sure my mother doesn't need my money as she has no mortgage on two houses... one of which is very expensive... has retired early and has a really high pension, a lodger in the one house and her partner paying her rent on the one she lives in.

Sure, my brother isn't exactly loaded... but he hasn't left his bedroom other than for work in the 5 years and may never move out of my mother's house.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:10 - Aug 31 with 1951 viewsDDCH

To be honest I have never bothered either. Just me, the mrs and our child. Being married I assumed everything just heads her way or vice versa anyhow.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:18 - Aug 31 with 1935 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:10 - Aug 31 by DDCH

To be honest I have never bothered either. Just me, the mrs and our child. Being married I assumed everything just heads her way or vice versa anyhow.

I haven't got one either.

Poll: Tory leader

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:34 - Aug 31 with 1920 viewsperchrockjack

It's the case monies will go to surviving kin. Problems arise with former wives children etc. It's then messy.

It's a nice feeling yo gave in writing your last wishes for those you love

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:43 - Aug 31 with 1904 viewssherpajacob

https://www.gov.uk/inherits-someone-dies-without-will

Worth checking out, it doesnt all automatically go to spouse.

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:46 - Aug 31 with 1897 viewslatchford

One of the most important documents you can have. So why would you try to save a few quid with a DIY one? The number I've seen which aren't valid is amazing. The safest thing to do is use a local solicitor. Shouldn't cost you more than around a hundred pounds or look at one of the free wills scheme referred to above.
Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:47 - Aug 31 with 1896 viewsSwanzay

While we are on the this sort of topic, Ive learned over the last few days that apparently premium bonds do not automatically go to the next of kin, apparently if they are not transferred, any investment goes straight to the state?
Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:51 - Aug 31 with 1881 viewsperchrockjack

...which was the reason I started this thread.
Any comments prosser .

Hope you ve taken steps to protect your considerable assets

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:53 - Aug 31 with 1874 viewsCooperman

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:34 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

It's the case monies will go to surviving kin. Problems arise with former wives children etc. It's then messy.

It's a nice feeling yo gave in writing your last wishes for those you love

It goes even further than that. We've made declarations regarding what happens to the children should the worst happen to both my wife and myself at the same time. Whilst they get the majority of our estate we have made provision for those that provide their care. The solicitor we saw asked us to consider this type of scenario. It didn't cost a fortune to have the advice of a solicitor and I'm sure that they highlighted scenarios that wouldn't be obvious had I sat down at the kitchen table and scribbled on the back of a fag packet. And yes, writing it left me with a nice feeling thinking that one day my son will read the contents and have some of his pain nullified by what he finds.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wills and the stupidity of people on 21:58 - Aug 31 with 1859 viewsperchrockjack

Great reading cooper.

All need to read thst and take it in.

People seem clueless on the whole.

The state WILL come calling as soon you are dead. The HMCI will be the first to ask you to enumerate your loved one s assets.

It's summat that hits people like a stone.

HM is the first to go looking to screw you after death

Wills and the stupidity of people on 13:17 - Sep 1 with 1741 viewsMrSwansea

What age did people have their first will?

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024