Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This club become a joke. 20:51 - Aug 31 with 5292 viewsjoshdon10

I never have posted. Just come on here to check the news etc.

This club has become a joke. Getting rid of our best players pretty much a big offer comes in. It's about time we say no and stick by our words. Fed up of seeing our best players go after a few seasons rather by sticking to our guns and just do what west brom done to berahino. (Your under contract and we decided if you leave. If you throw a strop then sit on the bench)

I love huw for what he's done to our club but it's about time he let's go of his pride and let the managers decided what players they want. Not let huw choose them for him. Seeing stoke get Allen and now bony. Just sums it all up. Every club has seemed to have improved their squad. Apart from Baston the other signings seems to be not a improvement.

had to come on here and post that to see if anyone else feels the same. Because at the moment I don't feel confident going into the rest of the season..
This club become a joke. on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 1137 viewsAngelRangelQS

This club become a joke. on 21:34 - Aug 31 by Shonky

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/7666/Premier-League-deals-top-20-expensi

They must have made a mistake. They have got us in here.

Valid point if we hadn't made three times that amount on selling players
This club become a joke. on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 1137 viewsLeonisGod

This club become a joke. on 21:20 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

Or whether we signed his mates.

Do you reckon that was it? It's not as if he's gone to Stoke.

More likely to be the chance to work under one of the greatest centre halves to ever play the game (no not Garry Monk ). Which, maybe, could be interpreted that he had little confidence in Guidolin. Pure speculation mind.
This club become a joke. on 22:03 - Aug 31 with 1091 viewsmajorraglan

This club become a joke. on 21:17 - Aug 31 by LeonisGod

But apparently we offered to match Ash's salary at Everton according to his agent, so that's simply wrong. Ayew was always going to go - he'd practically stated last year that we were a stepping stone. Gomois was another big earner, and should have gone 6 months earlier. So we either wanted rid of them or they wanted to go even though we were prepared to pay. And who knows how much Llorente and Borja are on?

Ash is more worrying, not because he went necessarily, but because of why he went. If we were matching his salary it obviously wasn't about money. What does that say about the direction he felt we were going?

I have no issue with getting rid of the high earners.....If they aren't making a contribution to the cause. There has been a lot of criticism of certain players on this and some of the other forums, so if for example Gomis isn't working out then it makes sense to try and move him on, he gets a fresh start and we get to free up some of our valuable resources to bring someone else who may work out in. There are other players in our squad being moved on/loaned out, Bartley, Grimes, Tabanou, Gomis, Williams, Emnes, some are fringe players and some have been regular starters, but the net effect must surely be 200k per week off our wages bill or £10m pa.
The big problem arises when you lose vital players of quality from the squad and don't replace them effectively or you have players in need of replacing but you do nothing about it. Ash was getting on, but he was a leader and a vital cog in the team and I don't think he's been replaced. If we were prepared to match Everton offer but he wouldn't stay, that would really concern me. Hopefully Llorente and Borja will score the goals to keep us mid table, but they aren't superhuman and they will need some help, not sure where it's coming from though!

Unlike a lot of American sports, the Premier League isn't ring fenced and our American owners will have to spend enough to keep the club competitive. If our season goes belly up, then I suspect HJ will be looking over his shoulder, the fans won't be happy neither will Messrs Levein and Kaplin.

A number of our stallwarts are fast approaching the end of their careers and need replacing, we need to get our scouting/recruiting in order because we don't have the money the big clubs have and we can't afford to waste what we have, every penny counts.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 22:28]
This club become a joke. on 22:05 - Aug 31 with 1079 viewsGowerjack

This club become a joke. on 21:17 - Aug 31 by airedale

I wonder how many man hours goes on recruitment of playing staff each week?

4 1/2 minutes

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

This club become a joke. on 22:35 - Aug 31 with 1009 viewsLeonisGod

This club become a joke. on 22:03 - Aug 31 by majorraglan

I have no issue with getting rid of the high earners.....If they aren't making a contribution to the cause. There has been a lot of criticism of certain players on this and some of the other forums, so if for example Gomis isn't working out then it makes sense to try and move him on, he gets a fresh start and we get to free up some of our valuable resources to bring someone else who may work out in. There are other players in our squad being moved on/loaned out, Bartley, Grimes, Tabanou, Gomis, Williams, Emnes, some are fringe players and some have been regular starters, but the net effect must surely be 200k per week off our wages bill or £10m pa.
The big problem arises when you lose vital players of quality from the squad and don't replace them effectively or you have players in need of replacing but you do nothing about it. Ash was getting on, but he was a leader and a vital cog in the team and I don't think he's been replaced. If we were prepared to match Everton offer but he wouldn't stay, that would really concern me. Hopefully Llorente and Borja will score the goals to keep us mid table, but they aren't superhuman and they will need some help, not sure where it's coming from though!

Unlike a lot of American sports, the Premier League isn't ring fenced and our American owners will have to spend enough to keep the club competitive. If our season goes belly up, then I suspect HJ will be looking over his shoulder, the fans won't be happy neither will Messrs Levein and Kaplin.

A number of our stallwarts are fast approaching the end of their careers and need replacing, we need to get our scouting/recruiting in order because we don't have the money the big clubs have and we can't afford to waste what we have, every penny counts.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 22:28]

I don't disagree to that. I've been saying for a while that Ash would be my first name on the team sheet, but many don't seem to agree. He's a big loss. I can see what they're doing - Ash came from the lower leagues and made the step up, so Mawson may be able to do the same. But Ash had several years to develop through the leagues and hit the PL in his prime. It's a big ask for Mawson to make that jump in a shorter space of time - maybe if he had Ash alongside....

Ash's agent Moralee confirmed the club were prepared to match Everton's salary offer, but Everton was a chance to move to a "bigger club" (true). Whether that's Ash wanting to go or Moralee persuading him so he could have a pay day is unknown. But of all people, I'd have thought we could retain Ash if money wasn't an issue - it is a bit worrying. But he'd have needed replacing sooner rather than later in any case.

Regarding replacements, I reckon the club got sucked into a false sense of security off the back of some decent performances with FF and Amat at the back last season. And they did look ok then. Amat must be seen as the logical replacement? The trouble with replacing Ash by buying a new player is that we'd have to spend silly money to get a top quality, proven CH in the current market - probably well above our means. It's inevitable we need to gamble - but I agree it's a huge gamble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024