Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Agents 15:25 - Sep 1 with 10995 viewsJackBaston

So after a disastrous deadline day, where we probably needed 4 signings, not just a West Ham reject, could we possibly look to free agents?

Sky Sports have a Free agents XI up and dare i say there's some good options there?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10561244/free-agents-xi

Caceres is the pick of the bunch for me
Free Agents on 10:47 - Sep 6 with 1805 viewsLeonisGod

Free Agents on 03:15 - Sep 6 by AussieSwan

Wages probably have something to do with it - as I dare say it would for most others on that list

But he has a raft of top tier experience across several countries (like Flamini) and is only 29... I think he would be a fantastic signing, and certainly add a lot of steel to our defence. A pay-as-you-play contract would work well for us too. But he wouldn't come here if Chelsea have a serious offer on the table (and who could blame him)

Could equally be a case of the name being bigger than the current player. Pretty much like we experienced with Gomis (he was on fire for the 3 years before we signed him). And worryingly it looks like Llorente could be another one who may fail to live up to his previous heights (early days mind).

On paper Caceres looks good, but no one here has any idea how his fitness is, and he's been plagued by injuries this last couple of years by the looks of things. Flamini probably less of a risk as he looked good the few times he played last season.

As others have said though I imagine wages rule us out straight away.

Edit - besides Huw said that they'd be looking to January to top up if they failed in landing targets in the window. That doesn't rule anything out of course, but it looks unlikely.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 10:48]
Free Agents on 14:37 - Sep 6 with 1684 viewsAussieSwan

Free Agents on 10:47 - Sep 6 by LeonisGod

Could equally be a case of the name being bigger than the current player. Pretty much like we experienced with Gomis (he was on fire for the 3 years before we signed him). And worryingly it looks like Llorente could be another one who may fail to live up to his previous heights (early days mind).

On paper Caceres looks good, but no one here has any idea how his fitness is, and he's been plagued by injuries this last couple of years by the looks of things. Flamini probably less of a risk as he looked good the few times he played last season.

As others have said though I imagine wages rule us out straight away.

Edit - besides Huw said that they'd be looking to January to top up if they failed in landing targets in the window. That doesn't rule anything out of course, but it looks unlikely.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 10:48]

Agree, but again I think it shows a lack of ambition not going for some of those players with proven pedigree. The only free agent I can see coming in is Hoilett.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Free Agents on 10:57 - Sep 7 with 1566 viewstomdickharry

Palace looking at Flamini wonder if we are interested?
Free Agents on 11:41 - Sep 8 with 1420 viewsAussieSwan

Free Agents on 10:57 - Sep 7 by tomdickharry

Palace looking at Flamini wonder if we are interested?

Flamini to Palace signed sealed and delivered. Caps off a great summer for them

Front six of Cabaye, Flamini, Zaha, Townsend, Remy and Benteke

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Free Agents on 12:48 - Sep 8 with 1366 viewstomdickharry

Free Agents on 11:41 - Sep 8 by AussieSwan

Can't see them being relegated.
Free Agents on 12:49 - Sep 8 with 1362 viewsjack247

Free Agents on 11:41 - Sep 8 by AussieSwan

They have really gone for it. We haven't spent enough, but it can go the other way too. If Pardew can't get those players to gel, they could end up like Newcastle after the January window.

#clutchingatstraws
Free Agents on 14:07 - Sep 8 with 1284 viewsjasper_T

Free Agents on 12:48 - Sep 8 by tomdickharry

I can.
Free Agents on 14:18 - Sep 8 with 1262 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Free Agents on 12:48 - Sep 8 by tomdickharry

The Pardew effect

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Login to get fewer ads

Free Agents on 16:02 - Sep 8 with 1198 viewsjasper_T

Remy's already injured.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024