Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mad to get rid of Guidolin 10:56 - Sep 25 with 3016 viewsSwaneeRiver

Yesterday was the first time we looked like a coherent team this season.
For much of the game, the best side in Britain and one of the best coaches in the world were matched by the tactics of our very own OAP and a team that wouldn't amount in total value to one of their "stars".
Only mistake FG made yesterday was not subbibg early enough.
I enjoyed yesterday and it gave me hope.
Changing the manager now would help no-one.
Also showed all the crap about losing the dressing room is just that - crap
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:06 - Sep 25 with 915 viewsangryjack

thing that gets me is he too defensive even at home,3 holding midfielders and diamond formation at home,its ok away but should be trying to get at them at home no matter who we playing,he goes out not to lose games rather than win games and only changes that when too late...got to go for me
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:13 - Sep 25 with 899 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:06 - Sep 25 by angryjack

thing that gets me is he too defensive even at home,3 holding midfielders and diamond formation at home,its ok away but should be trying to get at them at home no matter who we playing,he goes out not to lose games rather than win games and only changes that when too late...got to go for me

Did you even watch the game yesterday?
We matched one of the best teams in the UK, if not THE best team for the whole of the first half.
We had just as many shots on goal, but were actually 3 times more accurate.
You talk absolute BS.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:20 - Sep 25 with 879 viewsjruss1

Playing Siggurdson (remember he called him the perfect number 10) out on the wing is getting very annoying.

His set up worked to a point yesterday but when you play counter attacking football you need pace. Only Routs had any in that line up yesterday.

Jack Cork operates too far forward too often.

He's already been through 3 different formations and various different players/set ups within them this season. This is my biggest issue with him. He has not shown any kind of football identity and changes his approach weekly. Very difficult to have sucess like that.

And if the players do not respect him...losing battle.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:29 - Sep 25 with 859 viewsmonmouth

But then again.....almost everyone has moaned we have no plan B at some stage (Monk only had Plan B). Now we seem to have plans F, G, H and J. Next week look out for plans K & L, soccer specials.

Bonanza.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:33 - Sep 25 with 846 viewslondonlisa2001

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 11:45 - Sep 25 by Darran

Well if he came out and said he wouldn't have any input into transfers he obviously did know.
Can you imagine a manager at any other club agreeing to that or can you imagine any other managed worth his salt coming to Swansea City and agreeing to it?

People can blame whoever they want for this,they can go on about agendas/hounding as much as they want but the fella obviously knew what he was taking on.

There's a difference that a lot seem to be missing between saying that you have no input into transfers (he didn't say that) and saying you are not responsible for transfers (he did say that).
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:35 - Sep 25 with 841 viewslondonlisa2001

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:14 - Sep 25 by Darran

It's looking like a big if to me.

Good job you're supporting whoever is the manager at the time Darran.

I'd hate to think how negative you'd be about Guidolin if you had decided not to do that...
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:37 - Sep 25 with 830 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:35 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

I'd hate to think how negative you'd be about Guidolin if you had decided not to do that...

I'm talking about results Lisa,nothing but results.

Do you think the 'results' are currently positive then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:38 - Sep 25 with 821 views34dfgdf54

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:35 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

He's still getting over the fact Monk f*cked absolutely everything up.

Guidolin should be given time. Changing managers, especially with the names being mentioned would be pointless. HJ should not be allowed to make this decision, and no manager should have to work under him.
Login to get fewer ads

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:43 - Sep 25 with 815 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:38 - Sep 25 by 34dfgdf54

He's still getting over the fact Monk f*cked absolutely everything up.

Guidolin should be given time. Changing managers, especially with the names being mentioned would be pointless. HJ should not be allowed to make this decision, and no manager should have to work under him.

Monks gone Blaine,long gone.

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:44 - Sep 25 with 808 viewslondonlisa2001

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:37 - Sep 25 by Darran

I'm talking about results Lisa,nothing but results.

Do you think the 'results' are currently positive then?

No, but then I'm not the sort of nut job that expected us to get more than a point from two games against Chelsea and Man City.

The only result which was worse than it 'should' have been was Hull so 3 points down. The flip side was Chelsea was better than it 'should' have been so 1 point up there.

So by my reckoning we are 2 points down so far on where we should be. Given the transfer window and the late pre season I don't think that is too bad in terms of results. In terms of performance, this week has seen a marked improvement. If we continue as we played yesterday, we'll be fine.

The biggest issue is how much better we look with players that shouldn't any longer be in the starting 11 - Leon and Rangel. They should by now be backups because of their age, and it is an indication of how badly the transfer business has been done that they are not.

Guidolin can't win with many supporters - I think he's showing signs of getting somewhere with a poor squad.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:47 - Sep 25 with 798 viewsDarran

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:44 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

No, but then I'm not the sort of nut job that expected us to get more than a point from two games against Chelsea and Man City.

The only result which was worse than it 'should' have been was Hull so 3 points down. The flip side was Chelsea was better than it 'should' have been so 1 point up there.

So by my reckoning we are 2 points down so far on where we should be. Given the transfer window and the late pre season I don't think that is too bad in terms of results. In terms of performance, this week has seen a marked improvement. If we continue as we played yesterday, we'll be fine.

The biggest issue is how much better we look with players that shouldn't any longer be in the starting 11 - Leon and Rangel. They should by now be backups because of their age, and it is an indication of how badly the transfer business has been done that they are not.

Guidolin can't win with many supporters - I think he's showing signs of getting somewhere with a poor squad.

I hope you're right.

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:49 - Sep 25 with 790 viewslondonlisa2001

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:47 - Sep 25 by Darran

I hope you're right.

A crucial point is the whole 'losing the team' bit. When that happens there is generally no way back (as Mourinho found last season).

I was concerned that may be the case, but for me, yesterday firmly proved it to be rubbish. There is not a chance that team wasn't playing exactly how Guidolin had asked them to do so and they had bought into it. I hope we get rid of the bad eggs in the squad as soon as we can.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:54 - Sep 25 with 774 viewsjasper_T

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:20 - Sep 25 by jruss1

Playing Siggurdson (remember he called him the perfect number 10) out on the wing is getting very annoying.

His set up worked to a point yesterday but when you play counter attacking football you need pace. Only Routs had any in that line up yesterday.

Jack Cork operates too far forward too often.

He's already been through 3 different formations and various different players/set ups within them this season. This is my biggest issue with him. He has not shown any kind of football identity and changes his approach weekly. Very difficult to have sucess like that.

And if the players do not respect him...losing battle.

If Jack Cork isn't making those forward runs who will? No one else seems to bother (or when they do don't get back half as quick).
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:55 - Sep 25 with 772 views34dfgdf54

Spot on Lisa.

Watford will be a massive game, I can't imagine us picking up any points until then realistically. Getting us out of the slump will be Guidolins biggest job, he's done it before.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:59 - Sep 25 with 758 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lisa, I agree completely.
My only concern now is the Choice and Timing of the Subs.
They still seem to be too late and not what the fans are expecting.
I am sure he has a reason for them (as did Curt, who also did much the same), but it is not apparent to us.
ps I completely understood them in the Cup game, but not this one.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 16:01 - Sep 25 with 697 viewslondonlisa2001

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:55 - Sep 25 by 34dfgdf54

Spot on Lisa.

Watford will be a massive game, I can't imagine us picking up any points until then realistically. Getting us out of the slump will be Guidolins biggest job, he's done it before.

I've a sneaky feeling we may get something from Liverpool.

I'm not expecting it to the extent that I'll be gutted if we don't, but I have a feeling we may.

I'd love to see the club just be supportive of Guidolin now for a while. See what happens, and if at the end of October we haven't turned a corner then so be it. But the constant chatter can't be helping. Don't know why Jenkins didn't do programme notes yesterday, but next week he should shut this nonsense talk down.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 16:04 - Sep 25 with 690 viewsjojaca

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:55 - Sep 25 by 34dfgdf54

Spot on Lisa.

If we perform like we did yesterday, I can see us getting a win over Liverpool or Arsenal. It's a shame that we have to bring the old guard back to improve our possession play. I was flabbergasted with the starting line yesterday and was proven wrong. Yesterday just proves that Guidolin is still trying to find the magic formula with regards to our first eleven selection, formation and tactics.

Even when you know, you never know?

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 16:05 - Sep 25 with 685 viewslondonlisa2001

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 15:59 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Lisa, I agree completely.
My only concern now is the Choice and Timing of the Subs.
They still seem to be too late and not what the fans are expecting.
I am sure he has a reason for them (as did Curt, who also did much the same), but it is not apparent to us.
ps I completely understood them in the Cup game, but not this one.

Yes - the subs should have been made earlier yesterday. In terms of choice - I believe Montero has had a knock, so perhaps that's why he wasn't brought on. Borja at the end was a Hail Mary, and I thought the Barrow one was right.

Sometimes they're juggling stuff like small knocks we don't necessarily know about.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 16:06 - Sep 25 with 681 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 16:01 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

I've a sneaky feeling we may get something from Liverpool.

I'm not expecting it to the extent that I'll be gutted if we don't, but I have a feeling we may.

I'd love to see the club just be supportive of Guidolin now for a while. See what happens, and if at the end of October we haven't turned a corner then so be it. But the constant chatter can't be helping. Don't know why Jenkins didn't do programme notes yesterday, but next week he should shut this nonsense talk down.

Is the "keeping his job" game different for Jenkins now? Maybe needs to cover his arse, so can't be seen to be championing a decision his bosses may not come to believe in.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 16:14]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 16:29 - Sep 25 with 648 viewslondonlisa2001

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 16:06 - Sep 25 by NeiltheTaylor

Is the "keeping his job" game different for Jenkins now? Maybe needs to cover his arse, so can't be seen to be championing a decision his bosses may not come to believe in.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 16:14]

Possibly - don't know.

It takes a calm head to accept that you're working through a transition and it will take some time. Sometimes the automatic response is to change - anything that can be changed, which at this point is pretty much just the manager.
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 16:47 - Sep 25 with 632 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Aye. If we can make it through a tough spell and Guido fully establishes his authority and control etc. We could be laughing for a (comparative) while

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 17:03 - Sep 25 with 588 viewsLord_Bony

Much more encouraged after the last two performances...any fool can see we are trending upwards not downwards in our performance.

Yes we ll prob lose against liverpool but so what...if we play that match well then give him a longer spell before getting the knives out.

Lets wait and see.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 07:05 - Sep 26 with 452 viewsSwaneeRiver

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 12:27 - Sep 25 by Private_Partz

He iis 61 and not an oap either as another poster has suggested. He is confident in his ability to work with the squad despite the Jenkins transfer market fiasco.I think he knows how he wants the ream to play and I suspect there is a plan a,b and c. Probably more. The lateness of our signings were the problem. It looks like it is starting to come together now. I don't give a toss about the style of football. Needs must at the moment. Style can come later when we have a set up capable of bring the players in we actually need and on time as well.

I posted tongue in cheek that he was an OAP to highlight the crap that has been written and spoken writing him off (although he is entitled to a bus pass)
Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 08:05 - Sep 26 with 406 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I have a theory that HJ has become mildly obsessed with getting Giggs as manager before another team does and he's no doubt been trying to sell the idea to the new owners over the past couple of weeks (particularly the 'big name' aspect, sponsorship deals, yadda yadda). It's less a reflection on FG's ability than HJ thinking the opportunity to give Giggs his first managerial position here is too good an opportunity to turn down.

Personally, I'd rather we just stick with FG and see where we are later in the year. I just think HJ has got a mancrush on Giggs and he's itching to make the first move.

Giggedy.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 08:09 - Sep 26 with 403 viewsDr_Winston

Mad to get rid of Guidolin on 08:05 - Sep 26 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I have a theory that HJ has become mildly obsessed with getting Giggs as manager before another team does and he's no doubt been trying to sell the idea to the new owners over the past couple of weeks (particularly the 'big name' aspect, sponsorship deals, yadda yadda). It's less a reflection on FG's ability than HJ thinking the opportunity to give Giggs his first managerial position here is too good an opportunity to turn down.

Personally, I'd rather we just stick with FG and see where we are later in the year. I just think HJ has got a mancrush on Giggs and he's itching to make the first move.

Giggedy.

Still having a hard time believing that Jenkins is the one making all the running on Giggs given his previous problems with "big name" managers and subsequent promotion of Monk as a result.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024