Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist 08:56 - Sep 26 with 11085 viewsjackjackjackjack

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1851957/next-swnasea-manager-us-owners-w

Next Swansea manager: US owners want Bob Bradley to be considered but Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs remains first choice

New American owners want former US coach to be on shortlist to take over from Francesco Guidolin

SWANSEA’S new American backers want to talk to former United States coach Bob Bradley about becoming their new boss.
The Yanks are keen for Bradley to be considered for the post as Francesco Guidolin struggles and the Welsh outfit search for a replacement.

Ryan Giggs is top of the wanted list drawn up by Swansea supremo Huw Jenkins, but the Americans insist that Bradley should be a contender.
Bradley, 58, is currently coach at French Second Division side Le Havre but is best known for a six-year spell with the United States national team.
And that means a lot to the American investors Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan who have pumped cash into the club.

Giggs's lack of experience as a manager is a nagging concern for the Americans and even bringing in a sidekick like Phil Neville leaves that doubt.
Bradley has never worked in England either but has a long CV. He could also involve former Everton player Landon Donovan in a management team.
Donovan, a key player for Bradley at international level, is advising Swansea and could become even more part of the scene.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 11:49 - Sep 26 with 1985 viewsOldjack

Lay your bets folks ,when will the first STARS and STRIPES be seen at the Liberty

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 12:12 - Sep 26 with 1961 viewswaynekerr55

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 09:44 - Sep 26 by WarwickHunt

"pumped cash into the club. "

I must have missed that meeting...

Must be some kind of sexual innuendo Warwick me ol' China...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 13:00 - Sep 26 with 1894 viewsperchrockjack

I d like guido to walk but I d like us to do it in a professional manner.

Our pr ,if nothing else, is shocking.

Giggs? Agreed.

Frankly, I'm speechless

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 13:36 - Sep 26 with 1838 viewsjackal

What's happening to my club?

I sometimes long for those wet, windy evenings at the Vetch, playing Southport, Mansfield, York etc.

At least it was our club, For Swansea people and run by Swansea people.

" Yankee, go home!"
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 14:10 - Sep 26 with 1784 viewsWatchman

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 13:36 - Sep 26 by jackal

What's happening to my club?

I sometimes long for those wet, windy evenings at the Vetch, playing Southport, Mansfield, York etc.

At least it was our club, For Swansea people and run by Swansea people.

" Yankee, go home!"

Not yankee doing problem closer to home swansea greed

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 14:15 - Sep 26 with 1774 viewsSwanseajill

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 09:29 - Sep 26 by Dewi1jack

It looks like a straight choice between Bob Hope and no hope.

At least the Merrycans may back Bob as he's one of them

It's an easy choice, on a par with a vote for The Monster Raving Loony Party....or Cannabis is safer than alcohol party.
Simple, or someone is.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 14:41 - Sep 26 with 1709 viewsyescomeon

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 11:33 - Sep 26 by longlostjack

From Wiki

"It was reported on January 2, 2014, that Bradley had agreed to manage Stabæk Fotball, making him the first American to manage a club in a European top flight."

Enough said.

Did a hell of a Job there mind.

Upthecity!

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 14:43 - Sep 26 with 1697 viewsTrewyddfa_Jack

Bob Bradley! I'd rather Uncle Tom Cobley 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 14:57 - Sep 26 with 1661 viewsperchrockjack

What s happened to our club.

Well, we planned for and made premier league.

Thenceforce we should have pressed on . We haven't commercially and it seems our planning is wanting as is our assessment of players. No gog is the most bizarre acquisition ever made by any prem league club.

I d have thought we d have learned , move on mentally, given up the village mentality.

We haven't

We ve left the crsphole thst really was the vetch .its 2016 but somecarecstill pining for the old times.
Trust me,mine seen more than most .it was feckn awful

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:41 - Sep 26 with 1606 viewsSwanseajill

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 14:57 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

What s happened to our club.

Well, we planned for and made premier league.

Thenceforce we should have pressed on . We haven't commercially and it seems our planning is wanting as is our assessment of players. No gog is the most bizarre acquisition ever made by any prem league club.

I d have thought we d have learned , move on mentally, given up the village mentality.

We haven't

We ve left the crsphole thst really was the vetch .its 2016 but somecarecstill pining for the old times.
Trust me,mine seen more than most .it was feckn awful

But, it was our feckn awful.

You can take the fan out of The Vetch, but you'll never take the memories out of the fan Richie.

And as fans WE don't make the rules, so if we have a village mentality, it matters not a jot.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:46 - Sep 26 with 1589 viewsperchrockjack

Certainly true Lorraine.

Loved it as a kid but sorry ,it became a cesspit.

I'm very proud of our rise . People here have commented on my smart swans logo sweater during the Canada v Russia hockey game.

We re world wide brand now and this be reflected in the way our club is marketed

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 17:58 - Sep 26 with 1498 viewscockneyswan

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 09:26 - Sep 26 by monmouth

The treatment of a man in post, want him or not, disgusts me. And yes, I know it's probably the norm, but it is just so c*ntish. He has always acted with dignity. The club must be colluding in this too, or at least passively condoning it. Remember all those lofty ideals Jenks.....not just another football club eh?

Spot on, Jenkins needs to show FG some respect and come out publicly with a statement Swansea City are not currently looking for a a new manager.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 18:01 - Sep 26 with 1492 viewsDr_Winston

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 17:58 - Sep 26 by cockneyswan

Spot on, Jenkins needs to show FG some respect and come out publicly with a statement Swansea City are not currently looking for a a new manager.

They might be though. They'd look even sillier if they declared that they weren't looking for a new manager than appointed one a week later.

Not quite as silly as they did when they declared Curt would be manager for the season then brought Guidolin in, but nearly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 18:07 - Sep 26 with 1479 viewslondonlisa2001

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 18:01 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

They might be though. They'd look even sillier if they declared that they weren't looking for a new manager than appointed one a week later.

Not quite as silly as they did when they declared Curt would be manager for the season then brought Guidolin in, but nearly.

If they don't issue a statement tonight I think you have to assume that we are changing manager (or they don't know their ar*e from their elbow).

But perhaps they should work as hard to keep information away from the press about management issues as they did about selling the club? This wouldn't then be the second week of incessant rumours.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 18:09 - Sep 26 with 1474 viewsDr_Winston

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 18:07 - Sep 26 by londonlisa2001

If they don't issue a statement tonight I think you have to assume that we are changing manager (or they don't know their ar*e from their elbow).

But perhaps they should work as hard to keep information away from the press about management issues as they did about selling the club? This wouldn't then be the second week of incessant rumours.

Did Neil Taylor know anything about the takeover?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 18:10 - Sep 26 with 1371 viewslondonlisa2001

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 18:09 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

Did Neil Taylor know anything about the takeover?

Snigger.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 20:49 - Sep 26 with 1286 viewsRevJames

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 13:00 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

I d like guido to walk but I d like us to do it in a professional manner.

Our pr ,if nothing else, is shocking.

Giggs? Agreed.

Frankly, I'm speechless

Club's PR philosophy must be if there's nothing to say, say nothing.

The trouble is that football, with all the intense media and fans scrutiny, isn't like any other industry.

If the rumours about Guidolin, Giggs etc are all untrue, then for stability and to save the the Manager and players from the pointless unease, why doesn't the Club just come out and say it's a load of bolox?

After Saturday, Guidolin deserves more time so for everyone's sake just come out and say something positive. Get behind him ffs!
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 20:50 - Sep 26 with 1281 viewsjackjackjackjack

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1856872/swansea-hold-talks-with-former-u

USA'S THE WAY Swansea hold talks with former USA boss Bob Bradley to replace Francesco Guidolin as manager
Ryan Giggs remains an option but lack of managerial experience is a cause for concern

BOB BRADLEY has had talks with Swansea supremo Huw Jenkins about becoming the Welsh club’s new manager.
The American flew in for a top-secret meeting with Jenkins and is top of the wanted list of the investors who are now backing Swans — as we revealed yesterday.

Bradley is currently coaching French side Le Havre but has long wanted a crack at the Premier League and has powerful backers.
However there seems to be a split in the camp about who to offer the job to as Jenkins is keen on the idea of Ryan Giggs making his managerial debut in his homeland.
Francesco Guidolin is limping along in the job just now while the Swansea factions think over who is his best replacement.

Giggs is keen on the post as he looks for a return to football management after leaving Manchester United.
The American money men are concerned about his lack of experience as a number one and the fact that Jenkins has now met Bradley suggests they are winning the argument.

Bradley made his name when he was appointed manager of the USA national team and enjoyed immediate success when his side beat Mexico in the 2007 Gold Cup final.
The 58-year-old later took USA to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and ended up topping the group ahead of England before being knocked out to Ghana after extra-time.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 21:02 - Sep 26 with 1241 viewsWarwickHunt

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 20:50 - Sep 26 by jackjackjackjack

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1856872/swansea-hold-talks-with-former-u

USA'S THE WAY Swansea hold talks with former USA boss Bob Bradley to replace Francesco Guidolin as manager
Ryan Giggs remains an option but lack of managerial experience is a cause for concern

BOB BRADLEY has had talks with Swansea supremo Huw Jenkins about becoming the Welsh club’s new manager.
The American flew in for a top-secret meeting with Jenkins and is top of the wanted list of the investors who are now backing Swans — as we revealed yesterday.

Bradley is currently coaching French side Le Havre but has long wanted a crack at the Premier League and has powerful backers.
However there seems to be a split in the camp about who to offer the job to as Jenkins is keen on the idea of Ryan Giggs making his managerial debut in his homeland.
Francesco Guidolin is limping along in the job just now while the Swansea factions think over who is his best replacement.

Giggs is keen on the post as he looks for a return to football management after leaving Manchester United.
The American money men are concerned about his lack of experience as a number one and the fact that Jenkins has now met Bradley suggests they are winning the argument.

Bradley made his name when he was appointed manager of the USA national team and enjoyed immediate success when his side beat Mexico in the 2007 Gold Cup final.
The 58-year-old later took USA to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and ended up topping the group ahead of England before being knocked out to Ghana after extra-time.

"a top-secret meeting with Jenkins "

Aye - that'll be it.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 21:04 - Sep 26 with 1239 viewslifelong

Tiresome.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 03:00 - Sep 27 with 1120 viewsstAteSwan

Have not posted in a while, but I still read here and thought I would offer an American's opinion on Bradley.

He's a players manager, who is known for getting the most out of his current players. Every European job he's taken since leaving the US has been with clubs that have small transfer budgets. He's done excessive scouting of lower European leagues looking to find talent that bigger clubs often overlook. The success has been there, he managed to get Stabaek into the Europa League in Norway. He also took Egypt to within 90 minutes of the 2014 World Cup despite all of the turmoil over there, and was a goal short of leading Le Havre to the French top Flight last season.

He's a polarizing figure in the states. His son is currently captain for the US National Team, and there were a lot of fans over here who were upset that the US Fired Bradley essentially because of an ugly loss to Mexico in the 2011 Gold Cup. US press love him because he's great about giving interviews, and is pretty famous for not holding his tongue.

The problem is, I don't think he fits Swansea. His experience serves great for a French 2nd Division side, but not a Premier League side. He's almost always played a 4-4-2 as long as I have known him, and he's not a possession first type of manager. The other problem is that he thinks a lot of himself. He's given interviews before comparing his managerial ability to Jurgen Klopp, and his people have insinuated in the past that he's not being considered for better European Jobs because he's American.

All of that said, I highly doubt he would bring in Donovan as an Assistant Manager. The Sun had to come up with that out of thin air.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 03:11 - Sep 27 with 1117 viewsWanderer

Bob Bradley, Bob F****g Bradley, seriously?
Get the F**k out of here
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 09:16 - Sep 27 with 1033 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 20:50 - Sep 26 by jackjackjackjack

If FG is toast then that lot of unadulterated crap has almost certainly been leaked by the club. Guidolin limping along whilst the article makes Huw seem a blameless supremo decisively making up for the inadequacies of his manager.
most on here know it is Huw covering his ass after his transfer window cock ups.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 09:46 - Sep 27 with 1012 viewsexiledinenglandjack

The only way I can see this happening is if he comes in as a DoF in charge of scouting and player recruitment and giggs is the head coach. But we all know Huw wouldn't give up the reigns that easily
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 09:52 - Sep 27 with 1003 viewsLeonisGod

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 09:16 - Sep 27 by Private_Partz

If FG is toast then that lot of unadulterated crap has almost certainly been leaked by the club. Guidolin limping along whilst the article makes Huw seem a blameless supremo decisively making up for the inadequacies of his manager.
most on here know it is Huw covering his ass after his transfer window cock ups.

We don't know anything, unless anyone here has been party to the conversations between Huw and the Americans.

If there's a leak, it could be Huw, the Americans, a different board member, an ex-board member, a player, a players agent, a pissed off employee....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024