Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any doggy peeps here 17:58 - Sep 27 with 2649 viewsmax936

that know any decent Doberman breeders, probably left it a bit late in the year now, but there maybe a few decent pups about worth a look.

Please PM me if you are aware of any, TA.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 17:59]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Any doggy peeps here on 10:02 - Sep 30 with 591 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 09:48 - Sep 30 by max936

Pro's and Con's of Annual inoculations for Dogs and Cats

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/general/vaccinating

http://www.doglistener.co.uk/depth-annual-dog-vaccination-dangers

Lots say that they only need to be repeated every 2 to 3 yrs yet RSPCA say that they should be repeated every year.

There seems to be no clear answer one way or the other.

My thoughts are that while some say that us Humans don't get annual vaccination boosters, I can't compare our day to day lives to dogs they've got their noses into everything whilst out walking in the garden etc where they come across other animals droppings and the like, birds, rodents all carry nasties, so it is probably sensible advice to have them inoculated every year.

Any doggy peeps here on 10:45 - Sep 30 with 585 viewsSwanjaxs

Any doggy peeps here on 09:09 - Sep 30 by Trundle10

A fool and his money...........

Another fackin know it all 😂😂😂#bonehead

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Any doggy peeps here on 13:56 - Sep 30 with 563 viewsTrundle10

Any doggy peeps here on 10:45 - Sep 30 by Swanjaxs

Another fackin know it all 😂😂😂#bonehead

says the tool who throws his money away and believes the rubbish he is being fed. Once you are immune you are immune. I am not sure what part of that you cannot grasp my friend. I wonder why vets suggest boosters?? I will give you a clue.... £££££££££. (its is a money making scheme)
Gullible people like yourself fall for this. Pity mun.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 13:58]
Any doggy peeps here on 14:00 - Sep 30 with 555 viewsSwanjaxs

Any doggy peeps here on 13:56 - Sep 30 by Trundle10

says the tool who throws his money away and believes the rubbish he is being fed. Once you are immune you are immune. I am not sure what part of that you cannot grasp my friend. I wonder why vets suggest boosters?? I will give you a clue.... £££££££££. (its is a money making scheme)
Gullible people like yourself fall for this. Pity mun.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 13:58]

You'll probably píss up against the wall tomorrow what it costs to inoculate a dog for a year.... now jog on lad 👍👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Any doggy peeps here on 14:20 - Sep 30 with 544 viewsTrundle10

Any doggy peeps here on 14:00 - Sep 30 by Swanjaxs

You'll probably píss up against the wall tomorrow what it costs to inoculate a dog for a year.... now jog on lad 👍👍

Still a waste of money tho, now you jog on there's a good boy.
Any doggy peeps here on 14:51 - Sep 30 with 532 viewsperchrockjack

Steve.im sure you realise dogs need a firm hand as they can be troublesome.

We ve considered getting a Malinois but they are full on full time.

Like Darran , we d be loathe to leave a dog of ours.

We had a GSD once ,left it in kennels and when came to collect her after two weeks she looked awful.

Always laid out the kennel owner there and then.

I was nasty in those days

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Any doggy peeps here on 15:02 - Sep 30 with 524 viewsFlashberryjack

Any doggy peeps here on 09:48 - Sep 30 by max936

Pro's and Con's of Annual inoculations for Dogs and Cats

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/general/vaccinating

http://www.doglistener.co.uk/depth-annual-dog-vaccination-dangers

Lots say that they only need to be repeated every 2 to 3 yrs yet RSPCA say that they should be repeated every year.

There seems to be no clear answer one way or the other.

The Pet Welfare Alliance is an alliance of pet owners and veterinarians formed as a watchdog for the pet products industry. Pet vaccination is one of the foremost areas in need of revision, and we believe that recent developments pave the way for positive change.

It is often believed that annual vaccination is a requirement to establish immunity and that it does no harm.
With the advent of updated science and guidelines by world veterinary bodies there are clear guidelines to adhere to, that dispell the myth that annual vaccination is necessary, beneficial in providing any further protection in already immune animals, or without risk of causing harm. Details of vaccine adverse reactions can be found in the WSAVA guidelines that range from mild (fever, loss of appetite etc), to severe/life-threatening (epilepsy, arthritis, AHA, organ failure).
The World Small Animal Veterinary Association Vaccination Guidelines state:
“Core vaccines should not be given any more frequently than every three years after the 12 month booster injection following the puppy/kitten series, because the duration of immunity (DOI) is many years and may be up to the lifetime of the pet. In order to ensure the existence of duration of immunity, titer testing may be used.” Ronald D Schultz, Ph.D., Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathobiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin; Member of WSAVA and AAHA vaccine guideline groups
“Only one dose of the modified-live canine ‘core’ vaccine (against CDV, CAV-2 and CPV-2) or modified-live feline ‘core’ vaccine (against FPV, FCV and FHV), when administered at 16 weeks or older, will provide long lasting (many years to a lifetime) immunity in a very high percentage of animals ([Schultz, 1998], [Schultz, 2000] and [Schultz, 2006]).”
In its 2013 puppy vaccine summary, the WSAVA adds: “The WSAVA states that we should vaccinate against the core diseases no more frequently than every three years. This is often taken to mean that we should vaccinate every three years — but this is not the case. If the dog is already immune to these three core diseases, re-vaccinating will not add any extra immunity.”

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Any doggy peeps here on 15:55 - Sep 30 with 505 viewsSwanjaxs

Any doggy peeps here on 14:20 - Sep 30 by Trundle10

Still a waste of money tho, now you jog on there's a good boy.

You can't educate pork aye .....

Login to get fewer ads

Any doggy peeps here on 16:34 - Sep 30 with 494 viewsTrundle10

Any doggy peeps here on 15:55 - Sep 30 by Swanjaxs

You took the words right out of my mouth
Any doggy peeps here on 16:37 - Sep 30 with 494 viewsFlashberryjack

Any doggy peeps here on 15:55 - Sep 30 by Swanjaxs

You sure can't

Hello

Any doggy peeps here on 17:05 - Sep 30 with 484 viewsGowerjack

Any doggy peeps here on 14:44 - Sep 28 by Darran

A Chorkie and a Maltese.

Have you a bag for them?

I was having a haircut a week or two ago and the guy in front of me had one of those in a purpose designed bag with mesh windows and a brass buckle.

It was a lovely dog when he let it out.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Any doggy peeps here on 17:07 - Sep 30 with 482 viewsDarran

Any doggy peeps here on 17:05 - Sep 30 by Gowerjack

Have you a bag for them?

I was having a haircut a week or two ago and the guy in front of me had one of those in a purpose designed bag with mesh windows and a brass buckle.

It was a lovely dog when he let it out.

No.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Any doggy peeps here on 17:11 - Sep 30 with 480 viewsWarwickHunt

Any doggy peeps here on 17:07 - Sep 30 by Darran

No.

Zsa Zsa Gabor rang - she wants her dogs back, dahlink.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 17:13]
Any doggy peeps here on 17:14 - Sep 30 with 477 viewsLohengrin

Any doggy peeps here on 17:11 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Any doggy peeps here on 17:26 - Sep 30 with 467 viewsDarran

Any doggy peeps here on 17:11 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

Prick.

Funny mind.

Any doggy peeps here on 17:42 - Sep 30 with 416 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 14:51 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

Steve.im sure you realise dogs need a firm hand as they can be troublesome.

We ve considered getting a Malinois but they are full on full time.

Like Darran , we d be loathe to leave a dog of ours.

We had a GSD once ,left it in kennels and when came to collect her after two weeks she looked awful.

Always laid out the kennel owner there and then.

I was nasty in those days

Richie, I've had 4 Dobes and apart from the buggers barking they love that, Ive never ever had a problem with them and to be honest I'd never ever have another breed, I'v terriers and Lurchers [lovely dogs] but its Dobes for me.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 17:43]

Any doggy peeps here on 17:45 - Sep 30 with 414 viewsWarwickHunt

Any doggy peeps here on 17:26 - Sep 30 by Darran

Prick.

Funny mind.

Get a proper f*cking dog, you daft tw@t.
Any doggy peeps here on 17:49 - Sep 30 with 410 viewsDarran

Any doggy peeps here on 17:45 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

F*ck off.

Any doggy peeps here on 17:51 - Sep 30 with 410 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 17:45 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

He can't mun any dog worth its salt would bite or shag him with that hair of his regularly

Any doggy peeps here on 17:53 - Sep 30 with 402 viewsDarran

Any doggy peeps here on 17:51 - Sep 30 by max936

He can't mun any dog worth its salt would bite or shag him with that hair of his regularly

I don't dye it though Mr JFM.

Any doggy peeps here on 17:56 - Sep 30 with 400 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 15:02 - Sep 30 by Flashberryjack

The Pet Welfare Alliance is an alliance of pet owners and veterinarians formed as a watchdog for the pet products industry. Pet vaccination is one of the foremost areas in need of revision, and we believe that recent developments pave the way for positive change.

It is often believed that annual vaccination is a requirement to establish immunity and that it does no harm.
With the advent of updated science and guidelines by world veterinary bodies there are clear guidelines to adhere to, that dispell the myth that annual vaccination is necessary, beneficial in providing any further protection in already immune animals, or without risk of causing harm. Details of vaccine adverse reactions can be found in the WSAVA guidelines that range from mild (fever, loss of appetite etc), to severe/life-threatening (epilepsy, arthritis, AHA, organ failure).
The World Small Animal Veterinary Association Vaccination Guidelines state:
“Core vaccines should not be given any more frequently than every three years after the 12 month booster injection following the puppy/kitten series, because the duration of immunity (DOI) is many years and may be up to the lifetime of the pet. In order to ensure the existence of duration of immunity, titer testing may be used.” Ronald D Schultz, Ph.D., Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathobiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin; Member of WSAVA and AAHA vaccine guideline groups
“Only one dose of the modified-live canine ‘core’ vaccine (against CDV, CAV-2 and CPV-2) or modified-live feline ‘core’ vaccine (against FPV, FCV and FHV), when administered at 16 weeks or older, will provide long lasting (many years to a lifetime) immunity in a very high percentage of animals ([Schultz, 1998], [Schultz, 2000] and [Schultz, 2006]).”
In its 2013 puppy vaccine summary, the WSAVA adds: “The WSAVA states that we should vaccinate against the core diseases no more frequently than every three years. This is often taken to mean that we should vaccinate every three years — but this is not the case. If the dog is already immune to these three core diseases, re-vaccinating will not add any extra immunity.”

I ve lost a very expensive dobe [not the point by the way] through Parvo, he was a youngster and it was totally my fault, but with all Kennels insisting on dogs being kennelled by them are vaccinated what can you do, don't have a holiday?

Any doggy peeps here on 17:58 - Sep 30 with 396 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 17:53 - Sep 30 by Darran

I don't dye it though Mr JFM.

I don't mine either mush. my father who is now 81 was well into his 60ies before the grey took a hold, I've got a fair few now and I couldn't give a toss

Any doggy peeps here on 18:17 - Sep 30 with 384 viewsDarran

Any doggy peeps here on 17:58 - Sep 30 by max936

I don't mine either mush. my father who is now 81 was well into his 60ies before the grey took a hold, I've got a fair few now and I couldn't give a toss

You're having a laugh it's not even a real colour FFS.

Any doggy peeps here on 18:44 - Sep 30 with 372 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 18:17 - Sep 30 by Darran

You're having a laugh it's not even a real colour FFS.

And you call others Thick, they broke the mould after you my sarn

Any doggy peeps here on 18:50 - Sep 30 with 369 viewsFlashberryjack

Any doggy peeps here on 17:56 - Sep 30 by max936

I ve lost a very expensive dobe [not the point by the way] through Parvo, he was a youngster and it was totally my fault, but with all Kennels insisting on dogs being kennelled by them are vaccinated what can you do, don't have a holiday?

Having your dog vaccinated is absolutely vital, and kennels are right to insist that they are.

But they shouldn't be demanding that your dog has to have a yearly booster, especially now that annual vaccination is almost proven beyond doubt that not only is it unnecessary but harmful.

Whilst a simple Titer Test to check the amount of immunity a dog has, is the obvious solution, it does seem that vets are taking the easy way out by carrying on with yearly booster vaccination.

I've had dogs all my life and I never vaccinate every year, and I've not once lost a dog through any of the vaccinated against diseases, and I don't anyone that has.

Although I do know a friend that lost 2 pups to Parvo after they were vaccinated, I'd bought a pup out of the same litter and took him back to get vaccinated again, he died at 18 months of age with Kidney failure, could have been a coincidence I suppose.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024